National News Next Prime Minister

Made the mistake of appealing to voters and the public instead of the bullingdon club.

Or he chose the wrong party.
The problem with this argument is that Rory Stewart himself also has an Eton, Oxford, Bullingdon Club history, so to hate one and not the other is a tad hypocritical.
As for choosing the wrong party, he was previously a member of the Labour Party but, given his history, no chance of returning there whilst Momentum are in charge.

None were great last night but at least Stewart was honest with his plans (ie. Not promising big tax cuts and increased public sector spending).
He basically said continuity with what we have, and that is not what anyone is looking for. He didn't sell what he'd do to change, he sold Maybot 2.0 to some Tories.

He basically said continuity with what we have, and that is not what anyone is looking for. He didn't sell what he'd do to change, he sold Maybot 2.0 to some Tories.

He didn't promise a unicorn like the others when in reality it is a donkey with a Cornetto stuck on its head.

Sadly too many Tory MPs believe in the Unicorn.

Last edited:
one , or maybe two more rounds of voting today to get to the final pairing of tweedledumb n tweedledumber, for the tory party members to then impose their choice on the UK

He didn't promise a unicorn like the others when in reality it is a donkey with a Cornetto stuck on its head.

Sadly too many Tory MPs believe in the Unicorn.
It doesn't need to be unicorns, but staying as is, is pretty rank to get elected when as is has been awful and all have complained about it!

Final 3 are:
Gove
Hunt
Johnson

It doesn't need to be unicorns, but staying as is, is pretty rank to get elected when as is has been awful and all have complained about it!

Final 3 are:
Gove
Hunt
Johnson
.... Gove to fall at the final hurdle ? ( the 5th vote)

The problem with this argument is that Rory Stewart himself also has an Eton, Oxford, Bullingdon Club history, so to hate one and not the other is a tad hypocritical.
As for choosing the wrong party, he was previously a member of the Labour Party but, given his history, no chance of returning there whilst Momentum are in charge.

All Im saying is that he misunderstood his audience

What I'm not looking forward to, when Boris is finally and inevitably crowned, is the sight of 75 year old Tory party members high-fiving each other as they vote in a 'new dawn'.

Once he's got the gig I hope Boris flip flops yet again and decides that leaving on 31st October is just too difficult, even for him.

EDIT - That said, the EU could insist we go on the 31st October, even without a deal. They don't have to agree another extension. If that happens, expect enough Tory MPs (Ken Clarke for one) to press for a general election.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Boris has more of a cross age appeal. I know crusties like Ken Clarke will be crying into their gin and dubonnaise if Boris gets in and some younger Tories see him as a totem to get behind in the way they could not with the Maybot.

Fourth ballot: The results
Here are the full results of the fourth ballot.
Boris Johnson - 157 votes
Michael Gove - 61 votes
Jeremy Hunt - 59 votes
Sajid Javid - 34 votes
Two ballot papers were spoilt out of 313.

two spoilt votes? would that be May and Stewart I wonder?

Fourth ballot: The results
Here are the full results of the fourth ballot.
Boris Johnson - 157 votes
Michael Gove - 61 votes
Jeremy Hunt - 59 votes
Sajid Javid - 34 votes
Two ballot papers were spoilt out of 313.

two spoilt votes? would that be May and Stewart I wonder?
I'd think Ken Clarke is a good shout also.

5th round of voting ongoing ...Javid's 34... plus 2 spoilt... potentially up for reallocation

result due around 6pm

will it be Gove or Hunt making in through to the final stage v Johnson?

Final 3 are:
Gove
Hunt
Johnson

The problem is all the others made claims about providing Unicorns.

Back
Top Bottom