New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Yet more mis-information. They correctly head the paragraph "Here are a few comments that caught our eye:" and list cherry picked phrases, but they are all just that - comments. These people have actually engaged with the planners to say "this might be a problem, can it be done better". They are not objections and the officer will not give them any weight towards a refusal.

Honestly, you'd think experienced protesters would know how the planning system works by now....
Well yes, you'd think they would. But McIvor etc have never come up against such support for something they are opposing so are scratching around for things to make it look like all things are rosy.

In the past they've ruffled the feathers of perhaps a lawyer for a big construction firm who has to deal with McIvor constantly asking for FOI requests. But this time they've drawn the ire of thousands of people.

Last edited:

Well reading that helped get the kids off to sleep!

Loved the bit where he says the stadium will stop people from seeing the Oxford Spires and Blenheim Palace! Not sure why he stopped there, I've heard that Kidlington residents could once look our of their windows and see the Great Wall of China and sunsets over Hawaii but the stadium will block all of that!

Loved the bit where he says the stadium will stop people from seeing the Oxford Spires and Blenheim Palace! Not sure why he stopped there, I've heard that Kidlington residents could once look our of their windows and see the Great Wall of China and sunsets over Hawaii but the stadium will block all of that!
An elected politician behaving like this! Ridiculous comments.
Does he ever tell the truth?
With people like Middleton around I can totally understand why people are so dissolutioned with politics.

I believe someone view is not a reason to object a planning application I could be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere

Why does he think it'll stop people seeing them? What a weird conclusion.

An elected politician behaving like this! Ridiculous comments.
Does he ever tell the truth?
With people like Middleton around I can totally understand why people are so dissolutioned with politics.

It honestly reads like a GCSE student who has padded out a piece of work to meet the word limit whilst cut and pasting a few big words they don't understand to try to get extra points.

F - see me after school Middleton!

Oxford spires no such thing is there?

Dreaming spires surely

There are lots of grammatical, typographical and factual errors in Middleton’s objection.

One gaffe in that objection is where he asserts there aren’t any stadiums near large housing areas!

What is crystal clear is that Middleton knows very little; probably next to nothing about football.

Last edited:

I was always told as a youngster that if you drew a straight line there was no higher point between Chippy and Moscow, and that was why it was always so f*****g cold on top side in Chippy even in the middle August.

If it now means the new stadium acts as an easterly wind break, I’m all for it!

Get it built!

What did you expect to see from an Oxfordshire sports stadium? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…etc etc

"
It should also be remembered that the response to 3 local consultation exercises,
including a parish poll has shown overwhelming local opposition. Indeed the parish poll
returned a result showing that people rejected the proposal by 2 to 1 against.
I should point out that this may not be fully reflected in the responses to the planning
application consultation. This is firstly because the football club has mobilised its fan
based to swap the application with responses, as it has done during previous"

Did we really Ian did the football club mobilised the fan base I think not

"
It should also be remembered that the response to 3 local consultation exercises,
including a parish poll has shown overwhelming local opposition. Indeed the parish poll
returned a result showing that people rejected the proposal by 2 to 1 against.
I should point out that this may not be fully reflected in the responses to the planning
application consultation. This is firstly because the football club has mobilised its fan
based to swap the application with responses, as it has done during previous"

Did we really Ian did the football club mobilised the fan base I think not

FoSB did a leaflet drop and sent emails with a template for objections.

Also, if you look at the submissions there were also large numbers of objections that were all submitted over a relatively short period of time. Some may conclude that submissions may have been made on behalf of others, or with the support of others. Others may suggest that this evidences that those opposing the stadium were mobilised far more than those in support of the stadium.

Of course I have no evidence to support any of these assumptions, but neither has Ian to suggest otherwise.

That's absolutely class. Especially so when you consider that his FoSB ally Vicky "erm, what am I campaigning against this time Trevor?" Campbell suggested building the stadium on South Park, a public piece of green space noted for it's superb view of the famed Oxford Spires.

FoSB starting to eat itself.

Back
Top Bottom