New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

This is really bad. Whoever sent this to said supporter needs to have a look at themselves. If it was a local government worker/politician etc who sent this, they should be held accountable for that letter.
It's ironic as we supposedly the unruly abusive thugs according to the opposition!

The day this stadium is opened is the day we can finally rest easy and concentrate on matters on the pitch.

There would have been more supportive comments but folk were worried that some cowardly loon from the anti stadium possy would send them racist hate mail.

There would have been more supportive comments but folk were worried that some cowardly loon from the anti stadium possy would them racist hate Mail.
I mean having to publish people's addresses seems unnecessary if you ask me. It was always asking for trouble.

I’d like to think my posting history demonstrates I am a bona fide supporter, so I’m not saying this just to be contrary, but I have to say I’d be wary about taking this at face value. Anyone could type out a letter and present it as something posted to them by an anti-stadium individual. This seems like an extremely bizarre thing for one anti-stadium individual to do and to send to only one person (rather than, say, a number of known Oxford united supporters), and quite conveniently hits on a number of stereotype anti-stadium talking points, and I have to say I’m skeptical about its origins.

Let’s not lose the moral high ground everyone. The stadium would be an extraordinary opportunity for football in the county and for the local community writ large. There are a huge number of positive arguments to be made. Fabricating opposition communication, which this I’m afraid very much smacks of, will not assist the cause.

I’d like to think my posting history demonstrates I am a bona fide supporter, so I’m not saying this just to be contrary, but I have to say I’d be wary about taking this at face value. Anyone could type out a letter and present it as something posted to them by an anti-stadium individual. This seems like an extremely bizarre thing for one anti-stadium individual to do and to send to only one person (rather than, say, a number of known Oxford united supporters), and quite conveniently hits on a number of stereotype anti-stadium talking points, and I have to say I’m skeptical about its origins.

Let’s not lose the moral high ground everyone. The stadium would be an extraordinary opportunity for football in the county and for the local community writ large. There are a huge number of positive arguments to be made. Fabricating opposition communication, which this I’m afraid very much smacks of, will not assist the cause.
That's a very bold statement you've just made.

I don't know how closely you've been following this whole process, but knowing the modus operandi of the opposition, fake wildlife reports, fake stadium images, scare tactics etc I personally think it's 100% from the opposition. Even Middleton hasn't argued again it's authenticity - and he's been deflecting everything onto OUFC fans since the HoT's were agreed.

It's a fair comment and one we would make if the ball was on the other foot but there are few points that makes this real than fake
Agree it's fair, but it's very bold imo.

All I'm saying is the opposition are the ones who have been employing many underhand tactics to stop the stadium. We've been the ones sticking to consistency and have not resorted to such tactics as fake wildlife reports etc.

I’m happy to admit it’s very bizarre to target me, as other supporters have been far more outspoken than me. This letter however is many things, fabricated is not one of them.

Been out this afternoon on returning I saw Ian Middleton walking in the next street away from my street he had a clipboard under his arm so looks like I missed him when he knocked on my door for support which is a pity. I will give the Greens one bit of credit they are either leafletting or knocking on doors for votes not seen any Tories,Labour or Lib Dem.

I’m happy to admit it’s very bizarre to target me, as other supporters have been far more outspoken than me. This letter however is many things, fabricated is not one of them.
Appreciate and respect yours and @Concretebob ‘s engagement. I assume from your response that you’re Charlie Smith? If so I apologise and have no desire to call your integrity into question. It does just seem like a very strange and nakedly antagonistic for the anti-stadium lobby to do (sending personal threatening messages is very different from, say, casting aspersions on football fans generally on public chat rooms).

I’m very willing to be convinced otherwise, but I’ve grown up with the internet long enough to be wary of accepting many things posted online at face value.

Again, nothing personal. I hope, if you are Charlie Smith and this is genuine, that you are ok, as this is a very threatening and unpleasant thing to receive. I hope though that you can also appreciate my being reluctant to take things posted by a stranger on the internet as read.

Appreciate and respect yours and @Concretebob ‘s engagement. I assume from your response that you’re Charlie Smith? If so I apologise and have no desire to call your integrity into question. It does just seem like a very strange and nakedly antagonistic for the anti-stadium lobby to do (sending personal threatening messages is very different from, say, casting aspersions on football fans generally on public chat rooms).

I’m very willing to be convinced otherwise, but I’ve grown up with the internet long enough to be wary of accepting many things posted online at face value.

Again, nothing personal. I hope, if you are Charlie Smith and this is genuine, that you are ok, as this is a very threatening and unpleasant thing to receive. I hope though that you can also appreciate my being reluctant to take things posted by a stranger on the internet as read.
Yes the letter was sent to me. I understand there are valid points surrounding the validity of the letter. However I’m not sure how I could prove the validity, the one thing I would say is without throwing names around, certain people have been offered the chance to condemn or deny being behind the letter and have not done so.

Call me sceptical but you joined the forum today and have yet to make any postings about us getting into the play offs, in fact you’ve only posted on this thread.
Fair enough, I'm a genuine fan and bought my ticket for saturday. I used to be on this forum until last year as Trainingcone. I only posted today on this thread as I have spotted about the contacts on FoSB. I just want the stadium built and being a member of OXVOX for some time. Also I have put my support to the planning application before the deadline.

Do you remember the FoSB false flag attacks on the LibDem's?

Back
Top Bottom