New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

To be honest, looking at them they don't seem too exhaustive or major, it's mostly just a few tweaks and extra provisions for things. Plus some other bits.

Annoying but certainly not a deal breaker. They've not mentioned anything about a footbridge for one. So just want to know to what extent surrounding areas may be affected by the temporary closures.
The imposition of 650 cycle spaces at the stadium is going to be interesting. And, the club have to show that they have considered the well being of the stadium neighbours in terms of the fast food style outlets. Just in case Ms McIvor pops round for a burger and gets a dicky tummy?

Can anyone verify that Kassam offered us a lease until 2046
Everything I’ve seen or heard has said he wanted to made us homeless after the Blackpool game and only begrudgingly let us stay until 2026
Now if he did offer anything different surely OCC would know this and not even let us look at a proposed new site
I really wish OCC would put the full facts out there
the original lease had a clause in it that we had to give a 6 month notice to extend for another 25 years listen here you can here niall mcwilliams talking about it https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09412n5 this was jan 21

it is that lease that kassam terminated

To be honest, looking at them they don't seem too exhaustive or major, it's mostly just a few tweaks and extra provisions for things. Plus some other bits.

Annoying but certainly not a deal breaker. They've not mentioned anything about a footbridge for one. So just want to know to what extent surrounding areas may be affected by the temporary closures.
I agree. I assume that this is standard for such a project.
Anybody on here understand this?

you best not look at the conditions that we have to make to get the lease signed
Already have, it's like trying to balance on a tightrope with people throwing rotten tomatoes at you!

Was it this hard for other clubs to get a new stadium sorted?! (Apart from Brighton, we all know that story)

The imposition of 650 cycle spaces at the stadium is going to be interesting. And, the club have to show that they have considered the well being of the stadium neighbours in terms of the fast food style outlets. Just in case Ms McIvor pops round for a burger and gets a dicky tummy?
650 cycle spaces? Blimey, is that many really needed? That's 4% of a capacity crowd. As much as I think a lot will change from driving, I'm not sure that many are needed. Do we have stats on how many are at the current ground, and how much they are used?

I agree. I assume that this is standard for such a project.
Anybody on here understand this?
My take on this would be that the architects have done this sort of thing before. They will know what is par for the course. It strikes me that OCC are going overboard and getting very, very pernickety about anything they can include. The only upside is that they are now setting out their stall as to what will constitute a go-ahead for both the stadium but also, the need for temporary road closures.

650 cycle spaces? Blimey, is that many really needed? That's 4% of a capacity crowd. As much as I think a lot will change from driving, I'm not sure that many are needed. Do we have stats on how many are at the current ground, and how much they are used?
@OUSP should have the numbers. They were instrumental in getting some of them cleared of overgrown planting.

Just need to put "artisan" on the menu and jobs a good'un, the poshies will flock from all over. Will go nicely with the local craft ale stalls.

OCC have set out further requirements and/or amendments to the plans in order for them to not object.

Main points summarised:
-Micro traffic modelling required (this is in the pipeline)
-more provisions for cycle storage required
-better bus stop provisions on frieze way, and an assessment for how many supporters are likely to use each stop, plus space for waiting should there be delays in services
-other specific provisions for cycle lanes/footpaths
-some other mumbo jumbo about health impact assessment that I won't try to understand
None of this seems too unreasonable to be fair, particularly the bit about the bus stops.

the trouble is with these thing its not about the here and now its about 25 years time there is something in the planning(trying to find it ) that occ wants to increase cycling by something like 50% -so you have to cater for it even tho its not actually happening

the trouble is with these thing its not about the here and now its about 25 years time there is something in the planning(trying to find it ) that occ wants to increase cycling by something like 50% -so you have to cater for it even tho its not actually happening
quote from planning

The cycling section identifies 2 targets to increase both commuter cycling and all cycling trips in Oxford by 50% by 2031. Policy OC1: OCC will plan for 38% of all Oxford-to-Oxford work journeys to be by bicycle by 2031. Policy OC2: OCC will plan for a 50% increase in all cycle journeys within Oxford for all purposes by 2031.

The ones at the current ground are scruffy and don’t feel secure, plus a scrote nicked my lights from there, so I don’t use them. People would use good quality cycle spaces, though not all 650 straight away.

Back
Top Bottom