New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Here is a reply from a local councillor, his response of jumping the gun was me pointing out that I thought Lib Dem's were all about road safety with the LTN's and more locally 20mph speed limits on main roads in Abingdon but then Andrew Gant has objected to a 30 minute temporary road closure that will keep 1000's of spectators and motorists safe.

Thank you for your email.

I very much hope that the County Council will be able to help Oxford United Limited find a solution to their challenge in finding a new home after the mess the then owners and Oxford City Council made 23 years ago with the move to the Kassam Stadium.

As far as the 'Triangle' site is concerned, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but you are jumping the gun a little bit.

My position is in line with the decision that was made in September, which agreed to a lease of the site in principle, but on condition that Oxford United Limited got planning permission for their proposals and fulfilled a number of other conditions based on commitments they had previously made.

My understanding is that discussions are ongoing with the company, but that they are yet to submit all the planning applications and there is not yet even a draft lease to discuss.

Obviously time is now short, so I am hopeful that they will get on with submitting all the planning applications and provide the county council with clear plans about how they intend to fulfil the other conditions.

The other point I would make is that I am personally very concerned that we do not inadvertently end up creating another Kassam situation, so it is important that any agreement that is made tightly safeguards 'the club' from that kind of outcome.

All the best,

Neil Fawcett.

Here is a reply from a local councillor, his response of jumping the gun was me pointing out that I thought Lib Dem's were all about road safety with the LTN's and more locally 20mph speed limits on main roads in Abingdon but then Andrew Gant has objected to a 30 minute temporary road closure that will keep 1000's of spectators and motorists safe.

I very much hope that the County Council will be able to help Oxford United Limited find a solution to their challenge in finding a new home after the mess the then owners and Oxford City Council made 23 years ago with the move to the Kassam Stadium.

As far as the 'Triangle' site is concerned, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but you are jumping the gun a little bit.

My position is in line with the decision that was made in September, which agreed to a lease of the site in principle, but on condition that Oxford United Limited got planning permission for their proposals and fulfilled a number of other conditions based on commitments they had previously made.

My understanding is that discussions are ongoing with the company, but that they are yet to submit all the planning applications and there is not yet even a draft lease to discuss.

Obviously time is now short, so I am hopeful that they will get on with submitting all the planning applications and provide the county council with clear plans about how they intend to fulfil the other conditions.

The other point I would make is that I am personally very concerned that we do not inadvertently end up creating another Kassam situation, so it is important that any agreement that is made tightly safeguards 'the club' from that kind of outcome.

All the best,

Neil Fawcett.
Watch him object to the stadium on the planning portal tomorrow.

I understand that time is limited, but action must be taken by Friday. The new group's plan to release balloons and throw paper won't effectively communicate our message to the Oxford County Council. At this juncture, attempting to enter the playoffs seems futile. Does anyone have a connection with the old guard ? Their assistance is urgently needed.

All the best,

Neil Fawcett.
It's quite frankly unbelievable how out of touch it is for a councilor to sit there and say that we have yet to submit a planning application.

It's quite frankly unbelievable how out of touch it is for a councilor to sit there and say that we have yet to submit a planning application.
It's all part of their plan to gaslight us into not signing the Heads of Terms on their part.

I am very tempted to email Lib Dem upper brass over this. I have voted for the party a number of times in the past

As any football fan nows tribalism can cause strong unconscious bias. Is it a coincidence Cllr Levy waited until after he knew Stockport County were now a rival league one club before sticking the boot into OUFC?
He shouldn't be in public office if he cannot act like a level headed adult.

I have done e
It's all part of their plan to gaslight us into not signing the Heads of Terms on their part.

I am very tempted to email Lib Dem upper brass over this. I have voted for the party a number of times in the past
I have done exactly that ( and have voted Lib Dems in the past)

I think that we should target 1000 responses in support of the stadium. 274 more to do in the next 5 days. I will be submitting my response at the weekend and have at least 3 other friends and family doing likewise. I know that others on here have been waiting for the last few days to also respond.

But we also have the opportunity to push this amongst other supporters on Friday night and all get family and friends to follow suit.

great lets all send more emails to be mugged of in a weeks time do you really think a lib dem will sack off 2 of her own people dream on stronger action is need and is needed NOW

This a perfect first step of the more direct action that's clearly needed to get the council's a**e into gear.

Let's get on this.

As a matter of interest

Do we know who is up for election and where?

For instance there is no vote for Councillors in Abingdon.

If anyone has the time or inclination can they let us know who is standing where And more importantly who to vote for.
If in one ward The Conservatives are up against Lib Dem’s with Labour a distant third, then whatever your normal political persuasion vote Conservative and vice versa in other wards.

Trouble is there are only a few of us on here, what we really need to do is get this out there on social media.

A VOTE FOR THE GREENS AND LIB DEMS KILLS OUR CLUB
I definitely agree with the sentiment of not splitting the vote. But due to the state of the current government, it’s very hard to predict quite a few of the seats. The Labour safe seats will be fine, but the previously safe Tory seats? Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom