New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Here is a reply from a local councillor, his response of jumping the gun was me pointing out that I thought Lib Dem's were all about road safety with the LTN's and more locally 20mph speed limits on main roads in Abingdon but then Andrew Gant has objected to a 30 minute temporary road closure that will keep 1000's of spectators and motorists safe.

Thank you for your email.

I very much hope that the County Council will be able to help Oxford United Limited find a solution to their challenge in finding a new home after the mess the then owners and Oxford City Council made 23 years ago with the move to the Kassam Stadium.

As far as the 'Triangle' site is concerned, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but you are jumping the gun a little bit.

My position is in line with the decision that was made in September, which agreed to a lease of the site in principle, but on condition that Oxford United Limited got planning permission for their proposals and fulfilled a number of other conditions based on commitments they had previously made.

My understanding is that discussions are ongoing with the company, but that they are yet to submit all the planning applications and there is not yet even a draft lease to discuss.

Obviously time is now short, so I am hopeful that they will get on with submitting all the planning applications and provide the county council with clear plans about how they intend to fulfil the other conditions.

The other point I would make is that I am personally very concerned that we do not inadvertently end up creating another Kassam situation, so it is important that any agreement that is made tightly safeguards 'the club' from that kind of outcome.

All the best,

Neil Fawcett.

Similar to mine with a slightly different personalisation to my points.

Or

Hello Hello
We're the Oxford boys
Hello Hello
We're the Oxford boys
Listen up Oxon county council
We will never surrender or die
We all follow the united.
1 2 3 4 Oxford county council
Oxford county council
We hate the greens
We hate the lib Dems
We want the triangle

It's quite frankly unbelievable how out of touch it is for a councilor to sit there and say that we have yet to submit a planning application.

I wonder if he is referring to the bridge?

Last edited:
Levy is in charge of the finances.

The County recently lost a legal case, costing thousands due to irregular delays in the planning process.

Man in charge of finances causes irregular delays, risking council services and funding due to legal action.

He has to resign. This isn't about OUFC anymore, He's risking County funding.

Councils to pay Oxford college's costs after homes bid

This man and his little gang will bankrupt the council with his actions, that won’t effect wealthy people in north Oxford or the surrounding villages but it will effect those people whose services will be stripped back, the working classes, minorities and vulnerable groups, people who would also benefit from a massive outside investment in the county, so it’s a double blow.

It’s shameful, but these people have no shame, the fact that they have come out so blatantly this last week shows that they feel they are untouchable.

This man and his little gang will bankrupt the council with his actions, that won’t effect wealthy people in north Oxford or the surrounding villages but it will effect those people whose services will be stripped back, the working classes, minorities and vulnerable groups, people who would also benefit from a massive outside investment in the county, so it’s a double blow.

It’s shameful, but these people have no shame, the fact that they have come out so blatantly this last week shows that they feel they are untouchable.
The whole thing absolutely stinks. It's always been about anti working class sentiment.

I’ve written. A small but necessary act. Marches and protests to be organised if things don’t change. For now, please write.

Dear Cllr Leffman,

I write to you increasingly anxious and upset at the actions of the Lib Dems and the County Council with respect to the lack of a signing of the Heads of Terms and lease options for the Triangle site.

I voted for Dr Evan Harris when first becoming eligible to vote in 2002, and have voted Lib Dem on occasion in the decades since.

I’m afraid that this will no longer be the case, starting with the local and PCC elections in the coming weeks, unless you and the local party can demonstrate to me that you are taking the vital next step required for a beloved community asset in Oxford United.

Not words, actions. We’re had years now of talking and it’s a slow death for a cherished institution.

To be frank, I am absolutely appalled that the County Council’s Finance and Highways Cabinet members, who play a vital role in the future of the county’s only professional sports club, have now publicly opposed the new stadium on behalf of a minority of objectors.

In what way can we consider them to be impartial and trustworthy figures in the County Council’s processes given their stated belief that the stadium should not proceed?

It’s positively Kafkaesque.

The situation is causing genuine anxiety for me and many, MANY thousands of your constituents.

I therefore felt compelled to let you know that it is people’s livelihoods that your Party’s actions are playing around with and I fear this is simply not understood.

We’re not shareholders for a housing developer.

We’re real people and the actions of members of your party are not only risking a 130 year old Oxfordshire institution, but are insulting our family histories, would sever our community ties, and are damaging the mental health of your constituents, like me.

Please get a grip of this situation, get the Heads of Terms and lease (which your Cabinet agreed to six months ago) sorted and start restoring some faith in democracy.

I know that many opponents of the scheme - including a certain local Green councillor who insultingly self-proclaims to be a progressive - like to paint us as knuckle-dragging, anti-social idiots.

We’re not. We just care and we will never forget how, in a sickening irony, our cherished community club is being used as a political football.

It’s time to take action and do something great for the county. Not doing so will be a legacy which will shame Oxfordshire and all involved for decades to come.

Yours,

Dan levy in his objection forgets that many many people go through cassington and yarnton every day of the week to avoid queuing at wolvercote roundabout on the a40

Levy claims to be representing his constituents. I’ve seen only one objection from a resident of either Eynsham or Cassington.

So either the people he is representing are so angry with rage at the proposal that they can’t type, or, he’s representing only himself and trying while hiding behind a non-existent human-shield to protect himself.

Levy claims to be representing his constituents. I’ve seen only one objection from a resident of either Eynsham or Cassington.

So either the people he is representing are so angry with rage at the proposal that they can’t type, or, he’s representing only himself and trying while hiding behind a non-existent human-shield to protect himself.

Both he and Gant should publish emails of concern they'll predictably claim to have received.

Why put these objections out now, the planning portal has been open for a while. Further deviousness.

I’ve written. A small but necessary act. Marches and protests to be organised if things don’t change. For now, please write.

Dear Cllr Leffman,

I write to you increasingly anxious and upset at the actions of the Lib Dems and the County Council with respect to the lack of a signing of the Heads of Terms and lease options for the Triangle site.

I voted for Dr Evan Harris when first becoming eligible to vote in 2002, and have voted Lib Dem on occasion in the decades since.

I’m afraid that this will no longer be the case, starting with the local and PCC elections in the coming weeks, unless you and the local party can demonstrate to me that you are taking the vital next step required for a beloved community asset in Oxford United.

Not words, actions. We’re had years now of talking and it’s a slow death for a cherished institution.

To be frank, I am absolutely appalled that the County Council’s Finance and Highways Cabinet members, who play a vital role in the future of the county’s only professional sports club, have now publicly opposed the new stadium on behalf of a minority of objectors.

In what way can we consider them to be impartial and trustworthy figures in the County Council’s processes given their stated belief that the stadium should not proceed?

It’s positively Kafkaesque.

The situation is causing genuine anxiety for me and many, MANY thousands of your constituents.

I therefore felt compelled to let you know that it is people’s livelihoods that your Party’s actions are playing around with and I fear this is simply not understood.

We’re not shareholders for a housing developer.

We’re real people and the actions of members of your party are not only risking a 130 year old Oxfordshire institution, but are insulting our family histories, would sever our community ties, and are damaging the mental health of your constituents, like me.

Please get a grip of this situation, get the Heads of Terms and lease (which your Cabinet agreed to six months ago) sorted and start restoring some faith in democracy.

I know that many opponents of the scheme - including a certain local Green councillor who insultingly self-proclaims to be a progressive - like to paint us as knuckle-dragging, anti-social idiots.

We’re not. We just care and we will never forget how, in a sickening irony, our cherished community club is being used as a political football.

It’s time to take action and do something great for the county. Not doing so will be a legacy which will shame Oxfordshire and all involved for decades to come.

Yours,

I've taken @Scotchegg 's bollocking like a big boy, pulled myself together and also emailed asking for matters to be resolved promptly.

If not before the end of the month then I agree protests outside County Hall are necessary.

Back
Top Bottom