New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Yes Middleton is a close, behind Grant in the popularity stakes . The odd thing is though they get elected..
SAFE SEATS ???

Morning all I've had a very encouraging email back from my councillor Duncan enright

Thanks so much for writing about the new stadium. I completely agree with you. Particularly if we make it through the playoffs and into the Championship, our club needs a stable future home which meets its needs (plus the current stadium is not fit for purpose).

You will be encouraged to know that Labour councillors are of one mind, and agree this needs to progress with all speed. We are very frustrated at the slow pace by the minority Lib Dem and Green administration and will be arguing today for transparency and urgency behind the work on a lease for the Triangle site. Also I broadly support the planning application, though I am sure there are details to be worked out by Cherwell District.

Please keep in touch about this.

Duncan
I had the same reply. Was going to post it on here but you beat me to it @Billyox

Gant has obviously "gone rouge".

Councillors do not usually comment on planning applications in their own name, it is customary for the council to make it's representation as a body.

I can only conclude that the council's views are contrary to those expressed by Cllr Gant.
Gone ROGUE or gone ROUGE?

Unless he’s very much lgbt+ these are very different things! 😂

I suspect the bulk of these local politicians are completely taken aback by the level of (justifiable) scrutiny they now find themselves under.

You have to remember that local politics typically exists in a tiny vaccum, the councillors themselves often just cosplaying some wet dream of doing it on a national scale and trying to climb a greasy pole - whilst those in the community who fully engage are often simply the members of the public with the most time, money and energy to do so (the venn diagram of which overlaps significantly with 'nimby').

These people are used to, and entirely comfortable with, their low level meetings, hustings, canvassing and general politicking - that for 99% of the time requires them to do very little genuine engagement with their constituents.

It changes with something as significant as this. Inboxes over-flowing, replies on social media, being held accountable for previous comments and any hyprocrisy. This is democracy in action.

You can see from the above LD comments that there is a nervousness and reticence to outwardly opposing the stadium where once there may have been forthright confidence in doing so.

These people are fallible and can be persuaded.

So keep the pressure on, and keep reminding these people that they serve us.
This is so true and mirrors almost exactly my close observation of KPC over the last year.

A chap called John Kelly, who was previously Oxfordshire’s Chief Safety Officer and the Chairman of the OUFC Safety Advisory Group, has written a fairly lengthy objection, which, to me, is designed to scare Planning Officers and Elected Members with thoughts of their personal liability should something go wrong at the stadium in the future.

Reading his letter, one can only conclude that we’re asking to build the stadium in 1980’s Beirut.

There’s a second objection today, which has been lodged by a lady who has just shouted ‘House!’ in her game of FoSB bingo.

A chap called John Kelly, who was previously Oxfordshire’s Chief Safety Officer and the Chairman of the OUFC Safety Advisory Group, has written a fairly lengthy objection, which, to me, is designed to scare Planning Officers and Elected Members with thoughts of their personal liability should something go wrong at the stadium in the future.

Reading his letter, one can only conclude that we’re asking to build the stadium in 1980’s Beirut.

There’s a second objection today, which has been lodged by a lady who has just shouted ‘House!’ in her game of FoSB bingo.
Its a cracker. Mention of overseas businessmen, soliciting support from all over the world, aggressive fans, OUFC can stay at the Kassam and to top it all off most of our fans live in Blackbird Leys.

1713263654455.png

Its a cracker. Mention of overseas businessmen, soliciting support from all over the world, aggressive fans, OUFC can stay at the Kassam and to top it all off most of our fans live in Blackbird Leys.

View attachment 18932

Dripping with snobbery that last line. I would suggest that the job of a local council is to ignore snobbery, bigotry and class hatred and do what is best for its constituents.

View attachment 18932
To be fair, he is right when he says most of the local fans live in Blackbird Leys, after all, if the didn't, they wouldn't be local.
OUFC have already promised to improve facilities for the next group of local fans, in Kidlington and North Oxford.

I am guessing that pointing out lies, bigotry and some of the absolute lunacy that the opposition have come out with has constituted aggression in their eyes, we are not supposed to talk back to our betters.
Indeed, us plebs need to know our place.

Back
Top Bottom