New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Seven hundred and ten!!
A ration of 10 to 1.

There is no feasible way they can turn this down if the club provide the solution for the road closure issue.

Local support is overwhelming, both in kidlington & the surrounding areas. We need one last push this week. My dad,Mum & Sister will be posting this week & I will encourage others to do the same I come across this week at both games. THE TIME IS NOW.

Well currently it's £2 on the bus & £3.90 for train with a railcard from Bicester. I know what ill be doing rather than driving at those prices
Local public transport is great at the moment, £4 return for nights out in Bristol or Bath. 23 miles each way,
Why drive, car will be staying in Somerset for my trips up to Ox 2 on a Saturday

I was confused by this objection:

"If a new stadium were to be built in Oxfordshire, surely onsite parking would be an essential part of the planning. Most fans will not travel by public transport, instead they choose the much cheaper option of travelling by car and park on the nearest housing estate as they do now at the Kassam Stadium. Some might pay to park in the park and ride car park which will mean local residents will be unable to use park and ride on match days and other days when events are happening at the stadium."

Are they inferring that Kidlington residents would drive 1-2 miles and then catch a bus into Oxford? Surely there are direct buses from Kidlington to Oxford?

The nearest housing estates will be permit parking on match days, if fans decide to park outside the permit area and park legally why is that an issue?

Why would local residents wanting to get on a train from the parkway or a bus to Oxford pay to park at the park and ride?

Most fans won't take the cheapest option, they will take the easiest option which will be a bus or train.

I wonder if Tim Williams Hints about some news this week is tied in with this meeting & we will hear they have been signed at this meeting (Heads of Terms)
Sadly, probably not. The agenda for this meeting is published on the OCC website. It may feature as part of general discussion or if our friends in the Conservative opposition have an option to speak. If they do get the subject mentioned, then it will feature in the minutes and will warrant a response. I would have thought that there might be a cheeky mention of LTNs, bus gates etc. and
how similar hindrances on the Oxford Road have been vetoed by the member for highways (in response to his constituents, of course)

Sadly, probably not. The agenda for this meeting is published on the OCC website. It may feature as part of general discussion or if our friends in the Conservative opposition have an option to speak. If they do get the subject mentioned, then it will feature in the minutes and will warrant a response. I would have thought that there might be a cheeky mention of LTNs, bus gates etc. and
how similar hindrances on the Oxford Road have been vetoed by the member for highways (in response to his constituents, of course)
Tim did mention being hopeful of some news this week though. So who knows. Maybe not at the meeting though as agreed in advance as you say.

I mentioned in my planning comment that the road was to be restricted rather than closed, since buses and bicycles would still be allowed along it. I should have mentioned it would still be open for the emergency services too. I also pointed out that even if the road was restricted for a total of 90 minutes per home game for 30 games per year, then the road would still be open to all traffic for 99.5% of the year.

Back
Top Bottom