New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

https://www.justgiving.com/page/oxfordutdwfcwalkathon21

As you may know I play for OUFC walking Football Team (Over 65)
Just wanted to say that the club are helping with fund raising for Downs Syndrome Oxford at a walkathon in June.

We are affiliated to OUFC and this is just the sort of event that wouldn’t happen if our club didn’t exist. Garry Allen our chairman along with a few volunteers run a football coaching session ever week for those children with Downs Syndrome.Garry actually spoke at the original OCC meeting last year

This sort of thing never gets mentioned by those counsellors who are anti OUFC, they know that by stopping the stadium they are killing OUFC.

This is what irks me most of all.Not FoSB they have one agenda which is I don’t want a stadium near me.I can live with that.

But those Counsellors who are now on doorsteps saying they are anti stadium to buy votes is disgusting. They know OUFC is a Community Asset and does great things, but they are prepared to let it die

Correct me if I am wrong but the proposed stadium site is not in Kidlington.
Correct it's OX2. The reason why Stratfield Brake got nixxed was because KPC said no (whilst being heavily leaned on by FoSB).

They don't have any authority over The Triangle. This is why KPC are heavily playing the traffic/no road closures card in league with FoSB, the Greens and the Lib Dems (not officially, no knows what their official stance but Calum Miller has spoken on doorsteps about his anti stadium views)

Just wanted to say that the club are helping with fund raising for Downs Syndrome Oxford at a walkathon in June.

We are affiliated to OUFC and this is just the sort of event that wouldn’t happen if our club didn’t exist. Garry Allen our chairman along with a few volunteers run a football coaching session ever week for those children with Downs Syndrome.Garry actually spoke at the original OCC meeting last year

This sort of thing never gets mentioned by those counsellors who are anti OUFC, they know that by stopping the stadium they are killing OUFC.

This is what irks me most of all.Not FoSB they have one agenda which is I don’t want a stadium near me.I can live with that.

But those Counsellors who are now on doorsteps saying they are anti stadium to buy votes is disgusting. They know OUFC is a Community Asset and does great things, but they are prepared to let it die
Politicians will happily risk anything to try to win a few votes.

The majority of the anti stadium, will have no conscience of seeing the demise of OUFC ,In fact the opposite. They would revel in victory. After all they are anti .....

The majority of the anti stadium, will have no conscience of seeing the demise of OUFC ,In fact the opposite. They would revel in victory. After all they are anti .....
Well if they do win out and OUFC goes bust, I suggest we all adopt Kidlington FC as our new team and get a few thousand there every week. That'll teach them.

I emailed prospective City Councillor standing for Labour James Taylor ( May 2 local elections- sitting councillor is Lib Dem btw) for his views regarding the stadium on the Triangle, despite city councillors having no direct input... his reply..

Yes, this is a very important issue to me, and you’re not the first local resident to contact me about it. I am supportive of the proposed new stadium in Kidlington, and am disappointed at the opposition we’ve seen.

Some of our local members are very involved in the push for the stadium, and it’s something we’ve been able to support despite not having any direct control over.

Thanks for contacting me,

James

Posters living in the city and the 'shire, Cherwell District area especially may want to email prospective candidates in the forthcoming local elections asking,( as I have), prospective candidates views regarding OUFC stadium on The Triangle, before casting a vote on May 2 - remember to take photo ID to the polling station

Local elections on May 2 could be crucial in the Stadium progressing

Well if they do win out and OUFC goes bust, I suggest we all adopt Kidlington FC as our new team and get a few thousand there every week. That'll teach them.
Genuinely the best idea. If OUFC go bust thanks to these anti's I'm 100% behind adopting Kidlington FC as the new phoenix team. Probably achieve crowds of at least 2-3000 to begin with, Kidlington will soon need to develop a stadium to manage the crowds...

Genuinely the best idea. If OUFC go bust thanks to these anti's I'm 100% behind adopting Kidlington FC as the new phoenix team. Probably achieve crowds of at least 2-3000 to begin with, Kidlington will soon need to develop a stadium to manage the crowds...

Kidlington FCs ground is a bit to far from the train station to walk so a lot more of us will have to drive and park in Kidlington, that level of football will never justify parking restrictions unlike OUFC so we will just be able to park where we want. Good to know a plan is forming, I think we should aim for 6,000 for the first game and then a 5,000 average over the season.

Its also walkable from Yarnton if anyone wants to park there, zero restrictions.

Absolutely spot on

Seriously have to consider reporting FOSB and their acolytes to the Advertising Standards Authority :ROFLMAO: there will be bus loads of tourists turning up to see this quintessential english village that is bordered by a unesco world heritage landscape.

In to house building now are we View attachment 18798

Wheres that map that showed how surrounded by green belt Kidlington is and how it will stay surrounded by green belt once the stadium is built? One of the great lies in this is that Kidlington is somehow not going to still mostly surrounded by green belt, its just repeated ad nauseum.

Back
Top Bottom