New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Excellent work from @SwissYellow here bringing things to light publicly. It's already led to a bit of reasonable conversation with one green candidate and a less impressive response from Layla Moran. Sometimes social media can feel pointless but this kind of thing does make a difference before local elections.
Layla Moran was more bothered about posting about cats than addressing the stadium issue yesterday.

I love cats and everything, but come on Layla.

From keeping a local newspaper alive, having an engaged local population of football supporters wouod, I have thought, helped them financially.
If they help to kill the local .football club, future earnings would be reduced?
Or for some strange reason the current owners want to kill the club for political reasons?
said it before, a sizable proportion of OM newspaper sales are down to OUFC coverage- no OUFC, then the OM as a newspaper will follow

What are the alternatives? Sending emails seems futile; they go unread, and the responses are generic, echoing the same message: "We are collaborating with Oxford United Football Club." Yet, six months have passed, and there's been no progress.

What are the alternatives? Sending emails seems futile; they go unread, and the responses are generic, echoing the same message: "We are collaborating with Oxford United Football Club." Yet, six months have passed, and there's been no progress.
Maybe Andrew Fffffffffffrench will publish a letter?

Ok maybe not

How about a non disruptive protest outside the county council offices at their next monthly meeting?

A few hundred fans turning up with placards will get the media's attention and may just give the county council the kick up the a**e they need.

How about a non disruptive protest outside the county council offices at their next monthly meeting?

A few hundred fans turning up with placards will get the media's attention and may just give the county council the kick up the a**e they need.
That is necessary because otherwise, they will remain inactive, and once the elections conclude, they will alter all the details, making things even more challenging.

i take it, its the finance cabinet who is holding everything up?
A painful post to write but here goes.

We've all seen on campaign literature locally that the Greens on many occasions have done deals with the local Lib Dem party i.e not contesting seats against each other and encouraging the electorate to vote for each other to strategically hurt the Conservatives.

Favours are now owed as a result of this and it appears that the Greens are asking the local Lib Dems not to proceed any further and they have seemingly agreed. The Lib Dems locally are no longer a viable independent party able to think for themselves.

Our remaining slim hope is that CDC somehow grant planning permission which forces the hand of OCC but this is unlikely with the Lib Dems and Green likely to become the two biggest parties in CDC after the local elections in May.

As a result of all of the above, it appears to me the stadium project is dead in the water the the future of our club has never been more uncertain.

Talk of political suicide is nonsense, the demographics of Oxfordshire mean football and OUFC can be killed by the councillors with the blessing of the majority which we are not in.

As I understand things at the moment from Liz Leffermans reply it seems talks are ongoing to sort out the heads of terms.

If that is the case why did OUFC send out an article saying six months have gone by since the decision and Heads of Terms have not been sorted.

At last, had my reply from Liz Lefferman re Heads of terms Delay-

Thank you for your email about the council’s discussions with Oxford United Football Club (OUFC).

The council is in ongoing dialogue with the club as regards heads of terms. As I am sure you will appreciate, projects of this kind are very complex and there is a lot of detail to work through.

We fully recognise the challenges facing OUFC and we are doing everything we can to help the club achieve a long-term home in the county.

Kind regards,

Liz

from the September 19th meeting

Delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Property, to negotiate and agree the final heads of terms, which would be substantially in accordance with the details set out in Annex 5 (exempt).

Back
Top Bottom