New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

What is the timescale and procedure for making an announcement on the decision to grant planning permission?
When are we hoping to hear a verdict? Are there too many hurdles and obstacles still, to overcome?

What is the timescale and procedure for making an announcement on the decision to grant planning permission?
When are we hoping to hear a verdict? Are there too many hurdles and obstacles still, to overcome?

The decision is expected on June 21st, which would still give us time to be ready to move in ahead of the 26/27 season. However there is very little leeway, and any delays beyond this could mean that we'd need to look at other options for some or all of the home games that season.

Wow! So we may know our destiny in just THREE months?!
I was fearing that it would be a lot longer than that. I know it probably still could be but hopefully the powers that be find no reason to delay.
I mean it's dependent on a few things. There will be an appeal from the Fellow Oxford Snobs & Busybodies (anyone like that name btw?) for example

I can't recall the original comments but I believe that the club gave an indication that, if planning is approved, they would proceed immediately rather than waiting for the outcome of an appeal or judicial review.

It would still be several weeks before we would still construction begin but the preliminary work could take place, with us holding the financial risk of doing this ahead of the final approval. This would minimise any delays and hopefully keep the project within the tight but achievable timeframes.

If he can get a high court judge to agree they have a case (that case essentially being that OCC/CDC or OUFC have not followed correct practice and procedure in presenting and arriving at their decision).

Hope he has deep pockets as a judicial review on a planning application this size will cost upwards of £30k, that's alot of guitars.

Just for context the great wolfe water park the campaign group raised over £80k for the Judicial Review

Back
Top Bottom