New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Fun fact, The Corner House on the Corner of Hollow Way and Horspath Driftway is closer to the Kassam than Lathbury Road. If you were in The Corner House on a matchday there's absolutely no way you'd know a game was taking place as there's no impact at all to that area!

View attachment 18439

Of course, everyone regardless of location are entitled to their opinion on this matter.

It's likely residents north The Broadway in Kidlington will have no idea there's a game on at The Triangle as roads encompass The Triangle and its south of the roundabout providing a ready made buffer.

When I lived in Woodfarm up until 5 years ago I drank in the Corner House, sometimes before we played and quite often after. The traffic was no different whether we played or not, that junction by the ring road is a much busier area than Lathbury Road and our matches had zero impact on whether there were hold ups or not. North Oxford, Jericho, etc and like you say most of Kidlington won't even know there is a match on.

The area/footprint that a football match has even a minimal effect on is actually very small, take the Kassam, you would barely know anything is going on once you are out of the immediate area of the ground.

Aaagggghh the Corner House, It was a big Oxford United pub years ago in the manor days . Some well known characters frequented that pub.
Always the debate about the pub sign,
Who was the football player on it ,taking the corner kick, in the gold & black kit.????
Did he play for Headington/ Oxford United, or was he just a made up picture????
Answers on a postcard please......

Most of my work in the lat 15 years,has been nearly all those streets & area of North Oxford. It's a different world, one house has 3 different gardeners, 1 for the trees , 1 for the mowing & plants & 1 for the rose bushes, you couldn't make it up.

Oh & when it comes to the big tree they get a tree surgeon. You can't touch a tree in North Oxford, it's a conservation area , otherwise there's a uproar...

I find it hilarious that Middleton has tried so hard to take a back seat and not let his mask slip but he just can’t help himself.
I can’t wait to hear of these other sites that he mentions. The only ones I’m aware of are ones in Bicester and Didcot which are far to far from Oxford.

What is good with this site is that it is still in Oxford (OX2) and not on the outskirts like somewhere like Kidlington (OX5).

Can I also put this out there now, I’m a football fan and have never pissed in anyone’s garden.
There is absolutely no way Middleton will name another site, same goes for FoSB.

They will be unable to name a better site, plus by naming another site they will show them up as Nimbys.

They simply won't do it.

Aaagggghh the Corner House, It was a big Oxford United pub years ago in the manor days . Some well known characters frequented that pub.
Always the debate about the pub sign,
Who was the football player on it ,taking the corner kick, in the gold & black kit.????
Did he play for Headington/ Oxford United, or was he just a made up picture????
Answers on a postcard please......
HUFC player , ( also a local cricketer) Jimmy Smith ( no not the bald eagle)

There is absolutely no way Middleton will name another site, same goes for FoSB.

They will be unable to name a better site, plus by naming another site they will show them up as Nimbys.

They simply won't do it.
Steveopedia did name a site next to Junction 9 of the M40. Turns out it's already been earmarked for warehouses.

They don't have a clue.

I find it hilarious that Middleton has tried so hard to take a back seat and not let his mask slip but he just can’t help himself.
I can’t wait to hear of these other sites that he mentions. The only ones I’m aware of are ones in Bicester and Didcot which are far to far from Oxford.

What is good with this site is that it is still in Oxford (OX2) and not on the outskirts like somewhere like Kidlington (OX5).

Can I also put this out there now, I’m a football fan and have never pissed in anyone’s garden.
But who amongst us hasn't pissed in their own garden?

Ahhh a lot of people used to say it was Colin Harington.... Cheers
Jimmy Smith was earlier than Flash Harrington... memory aint what it was and the sign has been gone for years, but if Im not imagining things the player taking the corner had 7 on his shirt ?... Harrington was 11

They simply won't do it.
He always quotes from the savills report there was 51 alternative sites we identified 6 were investigated further stratfield brake the triangle land north and south of Thornhill p&r hinksey and land that has been earmarked for new north Oxford golf course, of those 6 only 3 was then deemed suitable and that match the criteria that was set out out one of the main criteria was to have a transport node within 1.5km so that ruled out the 2 at Thornhill and hinksey leaving stratfield brake triangle and land for the golf course the transport node was deemed far more important than size and that is why the triangle was picked. I've put all that on nextdoor Ian has so far ignored it

He always quotes from the savills report there was 51 alternative sites we identified 6 were investigated further stratfield brake the triangle land north and south of Thornhill p&r hinksey and land that has been earmarked for new north Oxford golf course, of those 6 only 3 was then deemed suitable and that match the criteria that was set out out one of the main criteria was to have a transport node within 1.5km so that ruled out the 2 at Thornhill and hinksey leaving stratfield brake triangle and land for the golf course the transport node was deemed far more important than size and that is why the triangle was picked. I've put all that on nextdoor Ian has so far ignored it
Chester V , like his FoSB chums, doesn't respond when called out on spouting misinformation

You won't get a response will you?

Does Mr Middleton read is own party's policies?
TR035 The Green Party would amend and enforce planning rules to steadily reduce car parking requirements, and make a requirement that the developer must show how their development can be fully accessed by more sustainable modes. Any development that encourages a large number of journeys must be in a location accessible to a wide range of public transport, including links to the rail system.

Back
Top Bottom