New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

You what ???? You really think you know it all .. Champion of all causes , give it a rest. Most people don't listen to you.
Your not Mr Oxford United's no 1

I don't know why you need to make this personal. The fact is that we have hundreds of people who regularly post on here, several thousand who attend every home game, tens of thousands who go to occasional games, and many thousand more who would class themselves as Oxford fans or look out for their results. Yet only a very small number have been involved in the consultation process over the last couple of years.

So it seems a little unnecessary to bemoan those that do engage, even if they live outside the city limits.

My question still stands. If you haven't provided positive support through the planning portal, then why not? I fully understand that many will still be looking to do this in the coming weeks so maybe a little early to raise this, but we have seen that previous consultation processes have had few responses than would have been expected.

If you have completed this, or are going to, then have you also shared it with others. Will you be speaking with others at the game today to see if they are going to record their support? Have you spoken to family and friends and encourage them to do the same? If not, why not?

Because if you want to make it personal, I will be providing my support, my family will too. I have shared the link amongst friends who see Oxford as their "second" team and go to a few games every so often. I have also shared it with friends who are nothing more than football fans but know the importance of the stadium to Oxford United.

So you can have your cheap little digs, they mean nothing to me. But I have, and will continue to champion the club in its pursuit of a new stadium and would hope that others will do the same.

A lot more than you think unfortunately
A very insignificant minority I would have thought.
And of course thete is no way that we will stay at the Kassam- I am pretty confthat it will be housing pretty soon.

I am on there and I am from Woodfarm originally so that’s one from the heartlands. I even have a St George’s flag in my kitchen with Woodfarm, Oxford, England on it which I refuse to let the missus take down (if you have a superstitious missus make up some shite about dying if the flag comes down if you want to do similar, it’s worked for me)

We have thousands of fans and most won’t put their name to anything, that’s just how people are.

I mean we have someone on a Facebook group accusing the owners of profiteering by selling the naming rights to the triangle (hopefully dairylea want them, lovely bit of brand synergy) which just shows how clueless some of our fans (and other clubs) are about football and it’s finances.
Do you have tge facebook page link or name ?

I see there is a submission from Oxfordshire County Council Archeology who want to do an investigation of the site before anything is built because there have been long barrows and other remains found nearby. I wonder if this is this likely to slow up the building process significantly or whether it was expected and been accounted for?

I see there is a submission from Oxfordshire County Council Archeology who want to do an investigation of the site before anything is built because there have been long barrows and other remains found nearby. I wonder if this is this likely to slow up the building process significantly or whether it was expected and been accounted for?
I believe that's pretty standard practice with big developments.

I'm not trying to be funny, or put damper on things. Nearly all of the support are from the shires & elslewhere. Not many from the heartlands of Oxford.
It's just an observation, that's all....

Good job the stadium isn’t being built in Oxford then really I suppose 😃

Good afternoon all Iv given my approval comments for the new stadium hope it sounds ok I no there is a couple of spelling mistakes

I’m a 54 year old season ticket holder who was born in Oxford but unfortunately live up north but I come to Oxford every home game and come to Oxford in the summer aswell with my family my heart is still in Oxford and will be till the day I die, if the planning application is successful ,this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a state of art world class stadium like no other stadium’s ,a green stadium which will be the first all electric stadium ,the biodiversity it will creat will be a major milestone that is to good to turn down I think for Oxfordshire and the transport links are going to be fantastic something spectacular,a once in a lifetime opportunity not just for us but for our children something for there future ,the jobs it will create the revenue for kidlington and Oxfordshire is not to be missed and will create a community that will encourage different people from different backgrounds to come together not just for football but as a community in other areas,I hope this can be built
Regards

Hope this sounds ok

Good afternoon all Iv given my approval comments for the new stadium hope it sounds ok I no there is a couple of spelling mistakes

I’m a 54 year old season ticket holder who was born in Oxford but unfortunately live up north but I come to Oxford every home game and come to Oxford in the summer aswell with my family my heart is still in Oxford and will be till the day I die, if the planning application is successful ,this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a state of art world class stadium like no other stadium’s ,a green stadium which will be the first all electric stadium ,the biodiversity it will creat will be a major milestone that is to good to turn down I think for Oxfordshire and the transport links are going to be fantastic something spectacular,a once in a lifetime opportunity not just for us but for our children something for there future ,the jobs it will create the revenue for kidlington and Oxfordshire is not to be missed and will create a community that will encourage different people from different backgrounds to come together not just for football but as a community in other areas,I hope this can be built
Regards

Hope this sounds ok

Sounds perfect!

Not sure whether it’s been mentioned on here before but a good friend of mine helps run Thame Runners. Every year they have to close a road in Thame for one hour on their course for the safety of runners.

The County Council charge them £3500 for this, that is £1000 up from last year.

Now with huge great gaps in the Council’s budget, would it not make sense to charge OUFC £12,000 on match days for the 3 hour road closure,that could be worth £350,0000 a year to them.

Just a thought, I know the club aren’t asking for road closures as such and it is down to the Police and Council, nevertheless that is a huge sum of money they could be asking for.
3 hour closure Sorry but that’s not what is stated. It will be no more than a temporary diversion for non essential traffic.

Noticed this comment on the CDC

"Please approve this application as Oxfordshire would be a much poorer place without Oxford United. The joy that has been generated by this club is immense for thousands of people and must not be allowed to be lost. We are crying out for such a modern, green and pleasant venue for the residents of Cherwell District Council and beyond. Another positive is the financial impact that can only be seen as positive for the taxpayers of Cherwell, a modern sustainable development at no cost to the taxpayer and a great community benefit to those of us that live in the area. The logistics regarding travel cannot be underestimated, the club have spent moths exploring various options to accommodate supporters travelling to and from the Triangle and I cannot imagine a more comprehensive plan than the ones they have proposed.

I am fully aware that there will be many objections to this, but if you balance out to pros and cons I would be amazed if you do not approve this application. In you we trust."

Regards

Hope this sounds ok
Absolutely spot on in my humble opinion

Back
Top Bottom