New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Ah that was another one. He claimed FoSB have more members than OxVox therefore should be listened to more or something along those lines.

I don't think he's all there.
I dont either

@OxVox have around 1k members don't they ( or should I say we, as an OxVox lifer)?

possibly quite a few more with associate members?

Mostly I think the Manor had a more communal vibe than the Kassam, felt like home whereas the Kassam has always struggled with that. Take my step daughter to a game or two a year even though she hates football, she thinks it’s the coldest place on earth and she may well be right, it’s so open and austere, in the east stand you almost don’t feel like you are in the same stadium as the other two stands.

Notts Co is colder, even in August!

However they're not 'Nailsworth United' are they?
That's where he falls down. He doesn't know anything about football.

Another comment of his that I seem to remember was him suggesting that because his children have no interest in football, the stadium should not be built.

That's where he falls down. He doesn't know anything about football.

Another comment of his that I seem to remember was him suggesting that because his children have no interest in football, the stadium should not be built.
shouldnt social services be alerted and/or NSPCC- isn't that a form of cruelty?

shouldnt social services be alerted and/or NSPCC- isn't that a form of cruelty?
I think his children are probably adults now, judging by how old Steve appears to be

But jokes aside these are the self centered attitudes as are up against. These people don't care about anything but stopping the stadium.

Is it the supporters job to relentlessly give these people oxygen, though?

I’d have thought that any objections the residents of Cherwell have, will be heard during the planning consultation period and the football club and our advisors will be best placed to discredit any mis-truths or scaremongering.

Just my opinion, of course.
Exactly this, I've made my opinion very clear on it many times, all we do by dedicating so much of our time "challenging" these select people on little back alley community forums like NextDoor is amplify their ridiculous opinions.

If I didn't HAVE to read this thread, I'd steer clear until I knew there was something more positive to read, reading 10 pages a day of what the latest idiot has said on NextDoor or Facebook is utterly boring to me, their opinions are not the ones we need to change, "challenging" them will not change the opinions of the far more reasonable doubters of Oxforshire, most of whom have no clue who Middleton et al. are.

My own views of course, and people are free to discuss whatever it is they want to

Google maps of the Triangle was changed to "Park". I tried to change is to stadium but that was not allowed so it is now "Hotel" 😊 Change now accepted by Google but not yet implemented. Wonder if anybody will change it again?

To be fair, the Kasstad may be a breeze block in a wind tunnel.......but it's still more comfortable than the Manor!

There's a million reasons why I loved the Manor, and miss it still, but comfort is not one of them - regardless of where you were sat or stood.
Disagree. I get terrible numbness at the breezeblock, whether sitting or standing. Something I never got at the Manor

I dunno, we were in the third tier in our last season at the Manor and we are in the third tier now, I suppose Kassams journey was a return flight.

The smell of fags, bloke used to stand behind me in the London Road smoking a cigar all through the match, every one else could be going mental but that cigar would be in his mouth, like a Barton Clint Eastwood. You never see them much anymore, seems ancient history that someone would just stand on a terrace with one.
I was also a huge fan of the Manor. And in hindsight (and a parallel universe), we could have stayed another 10 or so years given the leagues we played in. In fact it may have even helped our time in the conference to have done so?

But actually, moving from the Kassam Stadium with all the baggage associated with it, to the triangle, gives fans an instant connection to the new home, in a way that moving from the Manor to the Triangle would have still felt like losing something to many people.

I think spending 20 years at the Kassam will add to the sense of belonging at the new ground which will actually be quite helpful.

So would I.

But was there anywhere in the Manor that was genuinely physically comfortable? That - if forced to sit/stand there all day - wouldn't leave you in serious pain?

We were all just too drunk on the atmosphere and/or character of the place and/or actually drunk to care!
Or when you got there nice and early for a good view and then someone gets in at 5 to 3 and stands right in front of you .... Happy days!!!

Somebody ( a friendly fan) has changed the name to "Sports club" :LOL:

Disagree. I get terrible numbness at the breezeblock, whether sitting or standing. Something I never got at the Manor
I get really really cold at the breezeblock - cant remember ever being cold at the Manor ( standing in LRE)

I never got cold at the manor, to busy having a good old 🎵 knees up mother brown🎵 knees up mother brown🎵

I was also a huge fan of the Manor. And in hindsight (and a parallel universe), we could have stayed another 10 or so years given the leagues we played in. In fact it may have even helped our time in the conference to have done so?

But actually, moving from the Kassam Stadium with all the baggage associated with it, to the triangle, gives fans an instant connection to the new home, in a way that moving from the Manor to the Triangle would have still felt like losing something to many people.

I think spending 20 years at the Kassam will add to the sense of belonging at the new ground which will actually be quite helpful.
Yes, it was sad to leave the Manor. We can't wait to get shot of the Krapstad.

Google maps of the Triangle was changed to "Park". I tried to change is to stadium but that was not allowed so it is now "Hotel" 😊 Change now accepted by Google but not yet implemented. Wonder if anybody will change it again?
IMG_20231018_133626.jpgnever had that problem

Back
Top Bottom