New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

The problem with a poll is we will end up with the most bland name as it will appeal to the lowest common denominator. Probably 'The New Manor'...

Anyone know a good psychoanalysis. I can’t stop looking at the virtual fly through video of the new stadium.

Went along to the exhibition tonight and the one thing that stood out to me (apart from the stadium) on the proposed plans is what I believe would be a serious clincher for OUFC - The Chiltern rail extension at Cowley. If this actually came to fruition within the next 2 years this would give our B/Leys, Littlemore and Sandford brothers and sisters a tremendous direct rail link to Oxford parkway and then just a short hop, step and jump through the arch and into the new stadium.

COYY'S
How ironic that that area only gets the rail link after we leave

The technology for this sort of stuff is only going to get better though as more and more events start doing it, by the time we are up and running at the new ground it should be fairly smooth.

Got tickets at Edgbaston for the Windies next summer, will see if its got any better then.

So have I. Day 1 in the Hollies. As you do!

Yet again The Mail doesn’t pick up on all the other wonderful points the Stadium will bring to the Community they pick on the one thing they know will get most clicks and will help the anti brigades cause
They don’t mention the proposed opening of the rail link to the Science Park/BB Leys

It really is time to have a conserted effort against the Mail

They have made it blatantly obvious they are not fighting for the Stadium.
They have done the club no favours

Perhaps one way is to have a giant flag at the next home game with Boycott The Mail on it
That would start a huge debate which they cannot ignore

We have Labour Politicians and Councillors in favour we have Conservative Councillors and indeed Lib Dem Councillors in favour

And yet the Mail still won’t support us
Why?

Last edited:
The Stratfield Ground or The Stratfield Stadium would be a very good local name to be used in addition to a sponsor’s name.

Personally, I prefer Stratfield Ground

I think it’s the only geographical one that works. Oxford Road is too similar to the clubs name, and Freize Way might put people off in the colder months.

Back
Top Bottom