New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Did you hear the co spokesperson for FoSB and Chester V on radox this morning....hell would freeze over before theyd ever work togother with OUFC...simply, they are totally opposed to OUFC and any progress whatsoever
The leasehold sale has been agreed, they had their say and lost. If they’re so “Green”, why not approach the club with suggestions of how we can move forward to create a green stadium, for the benefit of everyone. Or are they just a bunch of whinging Nimby’s.

The leasehold sale has been agreed, they had their say and lost. if they’re so “Green”, why not approach the club with suggestions of how we can move forward to create a green stadium, for the benef of everyone. Or are they just a bunch of whinging Nimby’s.
im no gambler but my money is on the latter

Didn't seem to be any mention of the charity interest in the site yesterday?

OCC should be applauded for pushing for a decision yesterday and quickly quashing the idea of a third meeting. Once they started talking details of the sale/lease I was confident the decision would fall in our favour.

I'm sure many objections will come forward in the planning, but the onus is now on the club to put forward their vision and allay any fears residents (or those with a 'certain' radius) have. Middleton suggested more details were forthcoming from the club in 3 weeks? Did I hear that correctly?
October 9th, there will be a lot of detail given out apparently

Not understanding local politics at all but do Oxford CC have any influence over Cherwell DC?

Whilst they have different areas of control, they do work together as entities at many different levels, OCC (either) do not have direct influence and nor should they. There may be soft/indirect influence but I don't know all the relationships between the Councils particularly at Councillor level.

A Unitary Council I worked for that had been split from a County Council still worked a lot with that CC. But it was a partnership rather than one being dominated.

Did you hear the co spokesperson for FoSB and Chester V on radox this morning....hell would freeze over before theyd ever work togother with OUFC...simply, they are totally opposed to OUFC and any progress whatsoever

Have you got a time when they were on? I’d like to listen but CBA attempting to find it from the breakfast show.

First time I’ve had a chance to post on here since Cabinet.

Absolutely over the moon - it was fantastic to hear our elected representatives, from across the political divides, talking about the importance of the club, the new stadium and how this development will benefit the people of Oxfordshire and beyond.

But we can’t stop now, we need to keep on the front foot.

And I think many of us have a particular job to do over the next week - thanking those opposition fans who were so generous with their time to support us earlier this summer. We owe them that and particularly as we will be wanting their support again in the coming months.

I’m talking about the Away Fans that so many of you brilliantly approached to ask that they help put forward the case for a more sustainable stadium which would increase their spending and enjoyment of Oxfordshire.

Could the following amazing posters therefore please consider following up on your previous posts on other clubs’ Forums to say something like the following:

“Just getting back in touch to say that Oxford United were successful in gaining approval for land to be leased to the club for a new stadium before we become homeless in 2026. There will be further big battles to come once planning is submitted in the coming months - and I may be back to ask for some further support for the stadium plans at that point - but I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to support our club. The football community is a genuine community and your support for our club at its time of need is massively appreciated. Thank you once again and best of luck for the rest of this season.”

Championship
League One

League Two
Others
Done mine mate and thanks for all your efforts with bringing all this together, fantastic work 👍

And thanks to everyone else who has played a huge part in what’s been achieved so far, what a fantastic fan base we have.

The leasehold sale has been agreed, they had their say and lost. If they’re so “Green”, why not approach the club with suggestions of how we can move forward to create a green stadium, for the benefit of everyone. Or are they just a bunch of whinging Nimby’s.
They don't want a stadium full stop. They have always been undemocratic and selfish.

Just when does it get to the point where it takes the proverbial how much media coverage these jokers get?

Expecting a letter to the OM from Suzy soon

Just when does it get to the point where it takes the proverbial how much media coverage these jokers get?

Did they interview OUFC?
It does seem a little odd to interview the losers on this.
Out of interest, did they suggest what they are going to do now ( threatening lawyers), or did they sound defeated?

the next steps are grounded in planning law not public opinion
This is very true. It now matters not a jot how many nuclear convoys might detonate on Frieze Way, how many butterflies whose habitat is on Dartmoor have been documented by unnamed environmentalists or what the intentions of residents that chose not to respond to consultation might have been. Opponents can take out full page advertisements in the press or wangle as many radio and/or TV interviews as they want but their viewpoint is now largely irrelevant going forward. They know this as well as anybody, which was why the OCC vote was the last opportunity to prevent the development with unsubstantiated claims or undocumented "facts".

The planning buzzword is "material consideration" (is that a "buzzphrase?") which basically means that only views relating to whether or not the applications fulfils National and Local planning legislation and guidance is considered pertinent. OCC's conditions for the granting of a lease will be of relevance but fears of people having a dump (which may be widely held and could well be raised as an objection) would not be taken into account when a decision on the planning application is undertaken.

It should also be borne in mind that it will be the CDC Planning Officer that considers the planning application and weighs the benefits and impacts of the submission. He will also consider any comments made by the various organisations and the general public (material considerations only, of course!) before arriving at a recommendation to approve or reject the plans. In a major project such as this, the planning committee will then debate his report and decide whether they agree with his decision. They can of course vote not to follow his advice but they would need to demonstrate clear reasoning for doing so.

Last edited:
Not just the usual suspects being negative. Did anyone hear Jerome Sale during the pre-match build up last night? He couldn't have been much more negative if he'd tried. Focused on pretty much anything that could go wrong and I felt really brought the mood down. I switched off and didn't listen to the game.

The local rag give these protesters so much time it’s unbelievable. It’s as if the Ox Mail are backing them, rather than the football club.

Then the local radio giving them more air time is hard to comprehend. Crazy world we now live in!

I'm a planning consultant - though my bread and butter is in quarry development as opposed stadia, but well versed in attempting to secure planning permission for development that the local community would have you believe is entirely unnecessary and unwanted!

OCC will be a statutory consultee on highways matters when it comes to the application but (as I've no doubt most of you are aware) all decision making powers will lie with CDC (unless the application is called in by the Secretary of State - which is unlikely).

I cannot emphasise enough just how arduous the planning system is. I personally have concerns around the proposed timeline for delivering a stadium ready for the 2026/27 season but no doubt the club will have contingencies in place.

I'm a planning consultant - though my bread and butter is in quarry development as opposed stadia, but well versed in attempting to secure planning permission for development that the local community would have you believe is entirely unnecessary and unwanted!

OCC will be a statutory consultee on highways matters when it comes to the application but (as I've no doubt most of you are aware) all decision making powers will lie with CDC (unless the application is called in by the Secretary of State - which is unlikely).

I cannot emphasise enough just how arduous the planning system is. I personally have concerns around the proposed timeline for delivering a stadium ready for the 2026/27 season but no doubt the club will have contingencies in place.

What contingencies… Stay at the Kassam? 😂

Not just the usual suspects being negative. Did anyone hear Jerome Sale during the pre-match build up last night? He couldn't have been much more negative if he'd tried. Focused on pretty much anything that could go wrong and I felt really brought the mood down. I switched off and didn't listen to the game.

Yes I done the same. Jerome should stick to commentating on football. Thankfully Niall did not bite and answered everything thrown at him perfectly.

It is impossible to reason with left wing liberal extremists. They do not deal in facts and logic and they certainly will not listen to people who don’t share their one-dimensional views.

They already tried to manipulate and bully a long-standing children’s charity into potential bankruptcy by forcing them into making a purchase attempt for a site they did not want just as a last-ditch attempt to stall or frustrate our bid.

These people are past the point of reasoning and are a minority factor in our venture now. I wouldn’t waste our time and if they want to challenge us, then let them initiate the litigation process and they’ll have to find a few hundred thousand for fees.
Fixed it for you.

Not sure you can compare a quarry to a football stadium, the main point being you don't have 1000's of residents backing a quarry application but you have hundreds trying to reject it.

I thought Jerome was playing more of a devil's advocate to the news with McWilliams, reassuring any fears or doubts about leasehold and planning problems fans may have.

Back
Top Bottom