New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Following the proceedings at the Cabinet meeting yesterday my initial reaction was that it was a lot of blustering, hot air and political shenanigans from a lot of people but, and I think this now very important, we now have in place a very, very detailed and far reaching agreement with OCC. They have gone way beyond a simple yes, you can have the land to, specifying much more of what will be required for planning permission. The thoroughness of the procedure has cleared the way of much of any objections and put the Nimbys in their place. Middleton's arguments have been dismissed. McIvor has been heard and dismissed. Ex traffic manager/grumpy old man has been heard and dismissed, even the nuclear fall out has been dismissed.

The architects and designers etc now have a clear mandate to produce what they have promised and what the club is, no doubt, paying them a lot of money for, a top, net-zero, environmentally friendly and traffic managed state of the art stadium and ancilliary buildings. All linked to public transport with safe and free flowing pedestrian access.
We are going to have the best like for like stadium in the country.

I was unfortunate to have turned on RadOx this morning just as Victoria Campbell and, afterwards, Ian Middleton were interviewed. Both were desperate to try and spin the decision as in some way that would mean the OUFC might question the viability of their application and that their views were in some way vindicated.

Desperate, arrogant stuff.

On another point, I hope that we’ve heard the last from those two on the point regarding OUFC’s right to stay at the Kassam. During his speech, Cllr Sudbury stated that he was happy that this was the truthful position. As the senior Green Party member of OCC, I now hope that fellow Green Party members, Campbell and Middleton, fall in line. Hope rather than expect, though.

Last edited:
We’ve had our run ins Scotch on other topics but yourself,@Colin B & @SwissYellow among others have destroyed FOSB to the point that they are in utter desperation mode & I have no doubt that swayed some members of the cabinet. We’ve all called out where we can but you should be proud of yourself for the tireless efforts you put in alongside many others. One step closer to us having our new home. Let’s not stop now. We will get there. Thanks again for all your hard work
Cheers mate.

I don't want to speak for @Scotchegg and @SwissYellow but all we've done is stick up for our football club.

Was it a pain in the a**e at times? Yes. Did the opposition boil my P**s on occasion? Yes. Would I do it all again to protect OUFC and its brilliant fans? Hell Yes!!!!!

The opposition often attempts to go on the offensive after a defeat and try to proclaim some sort of victory from it, find faults in what occurred and make overtures that they won’t make life easy. We know that until diggers are on site, they’ll be hanging around with their box of tricks and delay tactics.

One conspicuous trademark from Middleton was lacking yesterday. There was no insistence on being ‘cautiously neutral’ or ‘open-minded’ anymore. It was a broadside against the club and OCC which goes hand-in-hand with the messaging from FOSB of late. The club has every right to regard him as predetermined bearing in mind his bilious output on Nextdoor, his public speaking at cabinet meetings against the stadium and proven links to FOSB. He’ll be marginalised at least and hopefully booted out of any council he sits on with his tweeting history. Fiona Mawson needs to be on the watch list too since her views as ‘Ferretmeister’ on OM articles shows she is in line with her husband.

Speaking of Twitter, any Jewish fans of OUFC on here? IM holds an anti-Israel position (which of course he has a right to do if conveyed appropriately). I found it particularly worrying that he does not prescribe to the Anti-Defamation League’s definition of antisemitism. There’s bound to be a nugget or two in there if anyone has the time since the line between antisemitism and criticism of Israel’s actions can be a fine one.

https://twitter.com/search?lang=en-GB&q=israel (from:IanMiddletonX)&src=typed_query

https://twitter.com/search?q=jew (from:IanMiddletonX)&src=typed_query&f=top

Nearly all of what he said yesterday can be rebutted but one standout point that he and the other members of Dad’s Army came up with is that the site is too small. This was proved nonsense back when the Stage 0 back in October 2022. This is what really pisses me off about these kind of events – demonstrably false statements are heard and recorded when they should be challenged and dismissed outright.

The opposition often attempts to go on the offensive after a defeat and try to proclaim some sort of victory from it, find faults in what occurred and make overtures that they won’t make life easy. We know that until diggers are on site, they’ll be hanging around with their box of tricks and delay tactics.

One conspicuous trademark from Middleton was lacking yesterday. There was no insistence on being ‘cautiously neutral’ or ‘open-minded’ anymore. It was a broadside against the club and OCC which goes hand-in-hand with the messaging from FOSB of late. The club has every right to regard him as predetermined bearing in mind his bilious output on Nextdoor, his public speaking at cabinet meetings against the stadium and proven links to FOSB. He’ll be marginalised at least and hopefully booted out of any council he sits on with his tweeting history. Fiona Mawson needs to be on the watch list too since her views as ‘Ferretmeister’ on OM articles shows she is in line with her husband.

Speaking of Twitter, any Jewish fans of OUFC on here? IM holds an anti-Israel position (which of course he has a right to do if conveyed appropriately). I found it particularly worrying that he does not prescribe to the Anti-Defamation League’s definition of antisemitism. There’s bound to be a nugget or two in there if anyone has the time since the line between antisemitism and criticism of Israel’s actions can be a fine one.

https://twitter.com/search?lang=en-GB&q=israel (from:IanMiddletonX)&src=typed_query

Nearly all of what he said yesterday can be rebutted but one standout point that he and the other members of Dad’s Army came up with is that the site is too small. This was proved nonsense back when the Stage 0 back in October 2022. This is what really pisses me off about these kind of events – demonstrably false statements are heard and recorded when they should be challenged and dismissed outright.

They're just regurgitating old, disproved arguments now. The Triangle is plenty big enough especially as we're now looking for 1250 seats fewer than The Gtech.

Cheers mate.

I don't want to speak for @Scotchegg and @SwissYellow but all we've done is stick up for our football club.

Was it a pain in the a**e at times? Yes. Did the opposition boil my P**s on occasion? Yes. Would I do it all again to protect OUFC and its brilliant fans? Hell Yes!!!!!
Yeah, but you’ve been eloquent with it. You have shown restraint when others may not of been able to & for that you deserve to be applauded. We all have to be honest. We’ve set the record straight about what they thought a typical football fan is.

I'll drop all those tweets in my dialogue with my MP

I've held out an olive branch. let’s see how they take it.
It is impossible to reason with left wing liberal extremists. They do not deal in facts and logic and they certainly will not listen to people who don’t share their one-dimensional views.

They already tried to manipulate and bully a long-standing children’s charity into potential bankruptcy by forcing them into making a purchase attempt for a site they did not want just as a last-ditch attempt to stall or frustrate our bid.

These people are past the point of reasoning and are a minority factor in our venture now. I wouldn’t waste our time and if they want to challenge us, then let them initiate the litigation process and they’ll have to find a few hundred thousand for fees.

It is impossible to reason with left wing liberal extremists. They do not deal in facts and logic and they certainly will not listen to people who don’t share their one-dimensional views.

They already tried to manipulate and bully a long-standing children’s charity into potential bankruptcy by forcing them into making a purchase attempt for a site they did not want just as a last-ditch attempt to stall or frustrate our bid.

These people are past the point of reasoning and are a minority factor in our venture now. I wouldn’t waste our time and if they want to challenge us, then let them initiate the litigation process and they’ll have to find a few hundred thousand for fees.
I know, I'm a left wing liberal extremist myself - don't get me started on Brexit *steps away from keyboard* :-D

This cause wasn't just the left wing extremists, it also had the right wing extremists on the same side, with their no foreign investors and snobbery narrative. It was pleasing to see the fringes come together.

I'll drop all those tweets in my dialogue with my MP

I'd just tread carefully with them. I don't see much he has said that's wildly controversial except maybe for supporting Ken Livingstone's whacky claims that Hitler was a Zionist way back when. Arguing about the actions of Israel with someone called 'IDFGirl' with Star of David flags all over her profile wasn't ever going to end up in a position of mutual understanding either! It's minor stuff compared to his 'TOTM' and 'mad bloke' tweets.

Still, it illustrates why he is how he is regarding the stadium too. He'll simply argue to be contrarian.

Well done to everyone on getting this past the first hurdle, I commend anyone who took on the bully Middleton and his chums too.

He's been shown up for who he really is, the cabinet didn't fall for his nonsense, and interesting that the Green Party member on the cabinet wasn't swayed by Ian, he's obviously not as relevant as he thinks he is.

I listened to Ian and Vicky on the radio this morning, it really doesn't sound like they have anything left to say, it's just white noise at this point.

It's actually very disappointing how dirty they've been, they haven't just tried to stop the Stadium, they tried to stop it by spewing bile and hatred towards the club in any way they possibly could.

Those of you on Next door, please share there activities on here so we can keep up with their next line of attack.

Back
Top Bottom