New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Gareth Epps was known to be a stadium fence sitter. If he had come out in favour, you could suggest he could have won this seat. 27 votes from Tories or Lab OUFC supporters..
Yep, although it's fair to point out he did support the stadium on the portal. But it took some convincing after pointing out millers two faced antics.

Yep, although it's fair to point out he did support the stadium on the portal. But it took some convincing after pointing out millers two faced antics.
You could argue then that his positive stance moved the Green needle in Tackley - They'd use that angle for sure!

You could argue then that his positive stance moved the Green needle in Tackley - They'd use that angle for sure!

They will ,however surely this is exactly what we told the Lib Dems would happen.

If they had come out straight away in favour they would have won this seat comfortably.

They really need to think about what they say before the General Election, because what could be a winning position will turn sour on them

Could be good for us if there’s a bit of infighting between the Greens and Lib Dems

The LibDem's/Green coalition are predicted to win Cherwell according to a Cherwell councillor I spoke to but they will not be the majority in the committees.

That’s most likely the case. But we’ve seen to our cost nationally in recent years that uselessness and “twatism” aren’t a bar to being elected.
I would say "t**t-ery" rather than "twatism" but I think I like the latter better - like there is a whole philosophy behind being a t**t

Tbf I’m getting worried now that the LibDem’s are going to steal CDC and the delay for permission for the stadium will be immense do OUFC could die because of these bastards, because although we will appeal it depends on who Labour appoint as they will be in power.

They were always likely to do well in these local elections, posh people from Cherwell who won't vote Labour but want to hit out against the ruling tories (who they voted for) were always going to swing it for them in a low turnout election. In truth neither us or the nimbys were going to make a difference to that.

But not if Greens work with Lib Dem’s they have a one seat majority

Libs 20
Con 13
Lab 10
Green 4
😡
But for the Stadium, its not really much of a concern. Cherwell is the key battleground and it'll be those wards around Bicester and Kidlington that matter

Back
Top Bottom