New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Exactly, all they had to go on was FoSBs scare tactics

70% didn't even bother to vote. To think FoSB that claim they represent Kidlington!
They don't represent Kidlington.
Hopefully the comments on the Council portal will clearly show that.
It appears that with the details out, more and more from Kidlington are in favour of the stadium and it appears that for many, the attempt to take money from the council to pay to oppose the stadium has been a massive own goal.

They don't represent Kidlington.
Hopefully the comments on the Council portal will clearly show that.
It appears that with the details out, more and more from Kidlington are in favour of the stadium and it appears that for many, the attempt to take money from the council to pay to oppose the stadium has been a massive own goal.
Hopefully the good people of Kidlington won't forget Linda Ward's trick of getting funding for Kidlington Development Watch and "donating" it to FoSB when it comes to the ballot box

I spoke ro a Kidlingtonian work colleague today about the Triangle. He's not an Oxford Utd fan but when I mentioned that there would be indoor sporting facilities that the public would be able to use, he said he would write to support the application.

I was confused by this objection:

"If a new stadium were to be built in Oxfordshire, surely onsite parking would be an essential part of the planning. Most fans will not travel by public transport, instead they choose the much cheaper option of travelling by car and park on the nearest housing estate as they do now at the Kassam Stadium. Some might pay to park in the park and ride car park which will mean local residents will be unable to use park and ride on match days and other days when events are happening at the stadium."

Are they inferring that Kidlington residents would drive 1-2 miles and then catch a bus into Oxford? Surely there are direct buses from Kidlington to Oxford?

"If a new stadium were to be built in Oxfordshire, surely onsite parking would be an essential part of the planning. Most fans will not travel by public transport, instead they choose the much cheaper option of travelling by car and park on the nearest housing estate as they do now at the Kassam Stadium. Some might pay to park in the park and ride car park which will mean local residents will be unable to use park and ride on match days and other days when events are happening at the stadium."

Are they inferring that Kidlington residents would drive 1-2 miles and then catch a bus into Oxford? Surely there are direct buses from Kidlington to Oxford?
There are many buses from Kidlington to Oxford directly. These people are just trying to be obtuse on purpose.

From a personal point of view it does feel on twitter anyway that I'm the only one who is pushing people to comment I expect people are now bored of my tweets but as the club oxvox don't seem to be doing anything I'll keep pushing
I keep retweeting mate, Keep going. :)

Well currently it's £2 on the bus & £3.90 for train with a railcard from Bicester. I know what ill be doing rather than driving at those prices

Yes hopefully you are right.
If that is what transpires, then FOSB dirty tricks will have failed.
This should help in planning.
Just the Heads of Terms to be signed off at the moment.
Which should be signed any day now if you take Tim Williams hints as gospel on The Dub. I think we may hear something this week regarding HOT's. Would make sense if we win tomorrow night to release then & capitalise on the momentum that way also.

OCC meeting tomorrow, full council meeting. Dawned on me that it might be worth approaching some of the Conservative councillors to try and get something said at the meeting reference the Heads of Terms etc. The following is the response from Councillor Eddie Reeves - Leader of the opposition.

Many thanks for your email. You raise a number of good points.

Full Council agendas are tightly managed, with many of the agenda items settled two weeks prior to the date of each meeting. The opportunity for us to raise the issue of the stadium tomorrow is therefore likely to be minimal, but I will see if we can nonetheless raise it in some form.

The club’s future is an issue on which Conservative Councillors have been working closely on for years and, rest assured, we will continue raising it at all appropriate public meetings in future. Our support for OUFC, I hope, stands in stark scrutiny to some of the other parties. It is the principal club in the county and has big aspirations for its future. We must do all we reasonably can to support it.

Best,

Cllr. Eddie Reeves
I wonder if Tim Williams Hints about some news this week is tied in with this meeting & we will hear they have been signed at this meeting (Heads of Terms)

Responses so far.....

For: 710 with 110 from OX5 and 239 total from the Cherwell district

Against: 71 with 51 from OX5 and 2 additional from the Cherwell district

Back
Top Bottom