New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I took from that they want time to review additional traffic modelling data, which we were planning to provide anyway. The only thing it did add was a date the decision should be delayed until, which I haven’t seen before, but I’m not that familiar with the key milestones published so far and how much that affects our desired timescales. The wording seemed like we were working very collaboratively though, which is exactly what you’d want.

I took from that they want time to review additional traffic modelling data, which we were planning to provide anyway. The only thing it did add was a date the decision should be delayed until, which I haven’t seen before, but I’m not that familiar with the key milestones published so far and how much that affects our desired timescales. The wording seemed like we were working very collaboratively though, which is exactly what you’d want.
only moves it from june 21st to june 26th

Nothing of real concern there - just a memo to say we need to flesh out a couple of reports.

Note that the Highways Authority do not have a veto - their recommendations are taken into consideration in the planning process in the same way as other statutory consultees.

Planning portal open until 22nd April so get your views on there is support of the stadium - and encourage others to do the same.

Meanwhile FoSB and neutral councillors are looking to throw mud at every element of the project. Not a single one of their claims stand up, and they know this. But they are looking to stir up opposition and trying to prove that due process hasn't been done in order to push for a review if the plans are approved. It is their tried and tested way to disrupt and delay, but it's not working! It's not fueling large levels of opposition and the LPA will see through it in seconds.

Finally, the club have raised concerns that OCC are stalling with agreeing to the Heads of Terms regarding the leasing of the triangle. It is believed that delays are with one or two individuals and I would advise emailing OCC and your councillors if applicable to ask why there is a delay and how important the stadium project is to you.

Thank you. A couple of things are familiar reading.

I pop in once every 2 weeks and 100 pages have been created :D

It's all very complicated and I'm more than over my head but I know most here have a good grasp on it.

Last edited:
Planning portal open until 22nd April so get your views on there is support of the stadium - and encourage others to do the same.

Meanwhile FoSB and neutral councillors are looking to throw mud at every element of the project. Not a single one of their claims stand up, and they know this. But they are looking to stir up opposition and trying to prove that due process hasn't been done in order to push for a review if the plans are approved. It is their tried and tested way to disrupt and delay, but it's not working! It's not fueling large levels of opposition and the LPA will see through it in seconds.

Finally, the club have raised concerns that OCC are stalling with agreeing to the Heads of Terms regarding the leasing of the triangle. It is believed that delays are with one or two individuals and I would advise emailing OCC and your councillors if applicable to ask why there is a delay and how important the stadium project is to you.
already emailed OCC cabinet members ( 1reply - automated, from the chair) and my county councillor who replied positively

I see the Green party have just called for the building of more affordable housing in the launch of their local election campaign, considering the Oxfordshire green party seems to be made up of a lot nimbys that should be an interesting one for them to get behind.
Here's an idea to solve the demand for affordable housing.

1) OUFC move away from The Kassam Stadium to The Triangle.

2) The Kassam Stadium is demolished and affordable houses are built on the site.

2) The Kassam Stadium is demolished and affordable houses are built on the site.

That sounds like Green party policy, something for their local councillor and prospective MP to get behind.

I see the Green party have just called for the building of more affordable housing in the launch of their local election campaign, considering the Oxfordshire green party seems to be made up of a lot nimbys that should be an interesting one for them to get behind.
Middleton had started a thread on new houses nr yarnton nursery had quite a few comments someone posted up the link to this green party affordable houses and all of a sudden Middleton has locked it so no one can comment 🤣🤣

Middleton had started a thread on new houses nr yarnton nursery had quite a few comments someone posted up the link to this green party affordable houses and all of a sudden Middleton has locked it so no one can comment 🤣🤣

It shows how desperate they are for anyone to stand for them that they let him do it, they must know that he only really cares about himself and it’s just to feed his huge ego.

He's an egotistical goon isn't he?

I thought that OCC said a couple of years ago that they could build 880 dwellings in the Grenoble site. That would be a a couple of high rise blocks flats

Back
Top Bottom