New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Pretty basic mistake that one… it’s NOT in Kidlington! Doesn’t bode well if they f**k their opening statement up.

to be fair, doesnt it (the triangle) sit just inside KPC boundary? - though as far as I see it Kidlington' starts' at Kdlington roundabout

I didn't think it did, Stratfield Brake obviously is but the triangle was just outside?
the cgi images on the stadium website do have a 'Welcome to Oxford' road sign in one of them , with the stadium 'Oxford side' of the sign

No, something that keeps getting overlooked. Near Kidlington.
The club itself made this exact same point in yesterday's stadium update:

1707233418308.png

Entirely possible that Fortitude wrote that piece, so that might explain both today's Tweet and yesterday's article both making that reference. It certainly did jump out to me yesterday when I read it on the official site.

The club itself made this exact same point in yesterday's stadium update:

View attachment 17745

Entirely possible that Fortitude wrote that piece, so that might explain both today's Tweet and yesterday's article both making that reference. It certainly did jump out to me yesterday when I read it on the official site.
Perhaps they thought if they put 'near Kidlington' it might set our friends off into full rant to the Ox Mail again...

Perhaps they thought if they put 'near Kidlington' it might set our friends off into full rant to the Ox Mail again...
Ultimately it's somewhat a case of angels dancing on the head of a pin - it's all about getting the named location down on a submitted planning application now, whether that's Kidlington, near Kidlington, or any other variation they might wish to put down on paper.

I just hope it was a deliberate, thought-out decision and not an error.

Back
Top Bottom