New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

That's fair. I'm not sure why I go to be honest when there are so many brilliant other pubs nearby. Definitely got a unicycle, waxed beard, paying a fiver for a bowl of cereal at cereal killer in Shoreditch vibe. The beer isn't even that good.

View attachment 17709
Alas, the place shut down permanently in COVID times.
A real tragedy!

Another cracking headline by the the fail
Nothing in the article about any disorder
So out of the 3 they mention, 1 is from Wokingham, 1 from Newbury and 1 from Reading, so all were Reading fans.
So out of a crowd of 10897 0.04% were arrested in a local derby match.

Doesn’t quite live up to FOSB’s narrative that all football fans are hooligans…

Also shows that OUFC fans are quite well behaved given that all the trouble makers that have been highlighted by the Oxford fail are Reading fans!

Another cracking headline by the the fail
Nothing in the article about any disorder
So the offences are, 1x obstructing a police officer, 2x carrying/throwing flares, and 1x "public order offences"+carrying drugs (whatever that's supposed to mean, probably calling someone a w****r).

Thank goodness for TVP's thorough and extensive army of officers to root out these horrific and heinous criminals.

"Superintendent Adrian Hall, Tactical Commander for the policing operation said: “I’m pleased to say that following work with both football clubs, our partners and local communities we ensured a safe operation was conducted.

“I’d like to thank those that attended and enjoyed the match and positively engaged with our officers throughout the day."

What's the odds those paragraphs don't make it into FOSB's report of the fixture....

They have now changed the headline it was
4 ARRESTED FOLLOWING DISORDER AT OXFORD UNITED MATCH
the only disorder I witnessed was the narrowing of the alley way to knights road , potentially compromising the safety of those leaving the Breeze Block on foot heading into Blackbird Leys, and the pandemonium imposed on those passing through as well as residents of Knights road, who had unwarranted restrictions imposed by sheer weight of numbers of Armoured TVP, plus the mounted division leaving horseshit everywhere and the earsplitting noise of caged policedogs loudly and viciously barking. Oh yes, and the disorder and delays to traffic exiting Blackbird leys, directly caused by TVP's intimidating, confrontational approach to 'policing' this particular matchday.

"Superintendent Adrian Hall, Tactical Commander for the policing operation said: “I’m pleased to say that following work with both football clubs, our partners and local communities we ensured a safe operation was conducted.

“I’d like to thank those that attended and enjoyed the match and positively engaged with our officers throughout the day."

What's the odds those paragraphs don't make it into FOSB's report of the fixture....

Did anyone see any violence yesterday??

Billoyox, perhaps you could ask them to share the alleged video they've seen - advise them to put up or shut up

the only disorder I witnessed was the narrowing of the alley way to knights road , potentially compromising the safety of those leaving the Breeze Block on foot heading into Blackbird Leys, and the pandemonium imposed on those passing through as well as residents of Knights road, who had unwarranted restrictions imposed by sheer weight of numbers of Armoured TVP, plus the mounted division leaving horseshit everywhere and the earsplitting noise of caged policedogs loudly and viciously barking. Oh yes, and the disorder and delays to traffic exiting Blackbird leys, directly caused by TVP's intimidating, confrontational approach to 'policing' this particular matchday.

Everything you have written is perfectly true, however I also recognise the value of "over policing" and nothing happening rather than "under policing" and having disorder. We've already got the Oxford Mail headline, and 3 of the first 5 news reports on the Oxford United page on the BBC website is about arrests or security operations. Only last week we had the incident with West Brom/Wolves and a fan chasing the ref at Port Vale/Portsmouth. It only takes one or two idiots to do something dumb and we could have been making national news and really damaging our stadium bid.

Whilst the usual suspects with undoubtedly spin this into the fact that all football fans are scum, I would equally show that the club are committed to working alongside our neighbouring police force to ensure that large scale public events are handled safely, and where there are isolated incidents of concern, these are addressed quickly with arrests made where appropriate.

I know most of us see this as complete overkill, but potentially justifiable with the bigger picture in sight.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oxford-united

There was no violence just TVP over kill

One man’s overkill is another man’s reassurance.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was the TVP that were always responsible for everything kicking off, so what on earth happened yesterday, given all this overreaction of which you speak? Didn’t TVP fancy a bit of a rumble?

But in all honesty it really didn’t feel excessive yesterday, so I reckon TVP did a great job of just blending in and being around. A few more vans than normal and a few on horseback maybe, but nothing that really made me feel it was overkill.

Undoubtedly more police around yesterday, possibly the amount you might expect to have at a Championship match and I've no doubt the operation will be deemed a huge success because of the low number of offences committed but 99% of the plod I saw yesterday just looked incredibly bored...

Undoubtedly more police around yesterday, possibly the amount you might expect to have at a Championship match and I've no doubt the operation will be deemed a huge success because of the low number of offences committed but 99% of the plod I saw yesterday just looked incredibly bored...
But very well paid.

One man’s overkill is another man’s reassurance.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was the TVP that were always responsible for everything kicking off, so what on earth happened yesterday, given all this overreaction of which you speak? Didn’t TVP fancy a bit of a rumble?

But in all honesty it really didn’t feel excessive yesterday, so I reckon TVP did a great job of just blending in and being around. A few more vans than normal and a few on horseback maybe, but nothing that really made me feel it was overkill.
Never said TVP coursed the rumble in my opinion it was overkill especially on Knights Road walking through from Blackbird Leys with all the dogs barking was not nice

Back
Top Bottom