New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Screenshot_2024-01-17-20-15-14-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg2 things
that basically confirms we have indeed been kicked out

And key words MAY BE

I’m intrigued to know what grounds we could ground share.
Coventry might be a good choice if we’re in the championship. Swindon wouldn’t be appealing. Oxford City too smal.
I wonder if we could lease Reading as they might merge and play at Reading United

I’m intrigued to know what grounds we could ground share.
Coventry might be a good choice if we’re in the championship. Swindon wouldn’t be appealing. Oxford City too smal.
I wonder if we could lease Reading as they might merge and play at Reading United
I don't like thinking about it but I reckon MK or Wycombe if it comes to it.

Environmental damage of groundsharing though...

One rumour I heard that is only a rumour as far as I know: Kassam Stadium is sinking and therefore has limited life remaining as a stadium. The site may not be suitable for housing development either. Anyone else heard or know about this?

One rumour I heard that is only a rumour as far as I know: Kassam Stadium is sinking and therefore has limited life remaining as a stadium. The site may not be suitable for housing development either. Anyone else heard or know about this?
Checks date, and it’s not April 1st

Sorry but that is nowhere near true. Well in remarks to that site not being suitable for housing development. It's not Weston supermare beach 🤣

I have put on a few pounds since we moved to the Kassam but I didn’t realise it was that bad.

I do have a theory about the ground but won’t share it, it’s not backed by any ITK knowledge. I just hope there’s a lot of frantic and high level activity going on, and that someone has a plan for where we’ll play in 26-7 season!
As a poster that I respect then I’d like to say, you’re better than this post!

If true, I wouldn’t be a surprise to hear it. I’m sure if there had been a corner to cut, it would’ve been trimmed to the bare bone.

Turn it into a marina for houseboats. Sorted.

I don't go to the majority of away games for the same reason , time and money.

A temporary relocation of one season maximum may work but the crowds will drop considerably as a huge percentage of the fanbase will not want to travel further than they currently do to home games.

I would rather if possible the club bend over backwards for Kassam and pay over the odds to stay at the Kassam for a further year. This way we can keep the momentum of big crowds going in to the new stadium.
The obvious temporary relocation is the MK stadium, which is not going to greatly inconvenience fans from Oxford or elsewhere, and would be perfect if by then Championship status has been achieved.
We need to be in a completed and fitted out new stadium and hotel complex ready to start the 2026/27 season and we haven’t yet submitted a planning application.
It’s beginning to look a real possibility that we will run out of time.
I doubt we can rely Kassam to help us out and it would be folly not to start negotiations with third parties who could as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom