New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

My suggestion is in no way a slight to Oxvox. In an Oxvox lifer and appreciate the work they do.

A wider, sports focused group that looks at the stadium, ice rink, skate park and bmx tracks and protects these ideas against Nimbies, would be useful here!

Did, Brentford, Wimbledon, Arsenal, Tottenham have lots of hoops to jump through like us.?
How long did it take to get their stadia started, from agreement to the first spade in the dirt?
We’re different in that the land is Green Belt which means it will be much more challenging to secure planning permission. I fully expect us to succeed, but the unknown will be timescale. Middleton is already posturing that there will be a Public Inquiry, which would only be the case if the application were ultimately called-in by the Secretary of State.

I’m sorry, but I think this is a bad idea. Any comments will surely be linked to the club (whether rightly or wrongly) and as much as I despise Middleton and FOSB lies, I can’t see any benefit of sinking to their level. The club, and supporters, need to stay professional and continue as we have been. Why jeopardise everything for that?

My suggestion is in no way a slight to Oxvox. In an Oxvox lifer and appreciate the work they do.

A wider, sports focused group that looks at the stadium, ice rink, skate park and bmx tracks and protects these ideas against Nimbies, would be useful here!
I’m very onboard with with this (stadium and wider Oxfordshire projects)

I’m sorry, but I think this is a bad idea. Any comments will surely be linked to the club (whether rightly or wrongly) and as much as I despise Middleton and FOSB lies, I can’t see any benefit of sinking to their level. The club, and supporters, need to stay professional and continue as we have been. Why jeopardise everything for that?
I tend to agree. I certainly wouldn’t suggest starting one without discussion with the club first about whether they feel it helps their cause. They know what they’re doing and might actually be concerned about the impact another well intentioned group would have on their chances of success. Have to be careful that frustration with the behaviour of FOSB doesn’t lead to a group who try to counter it and inadvertently sink to their level. The club and Oxvox get plenty of airtime and seem to be portraying a very professional and measured communication campaign that meets the needs of each step of the process. It could be a hindrance to have another voice enter the debate at this stage.

I tend to agree. I certainly wouldn’t suggest starting one without discussion with the club first about whether they feel it helps their cause. They know what they’re doing and might actually be concerned about the impact another well intentioned group would have on their chances of success. Have to be careful that frustration with the behaviour of FOSB doesn’t lead to a group who try to counter it and inadvertently sink to their level. The club and Oxvox get plenty of airtime and seem to be portraying a very professional and measured communication campaign that meets the needs of each step of the process. It could be a hindrance to have another voice enter the debate at this stage.

It needs to be fully independent of the club and supporter driven, and shouldnt be discussed with the club outside of "we're doing this, we promise not to be rude or tread on your toes". As soon as it appears the club have rubber stamped a group they'll have no input with it just leaves it open to attack.

Exactly, having listened to most of the meeting, I understood that the councillors didn't want the new owners to put us in the same position as Kassam has which is why they decided to lease rather than sell.
Is leasing better for the owners or buying?

Is leasing better for the owners or buying?
I think that very much depends on the intentions of the owners.

Leasing certainly wouldn’t have worked out for Firoz Kassam and his business strategy when he bought the club.

But if the current owner’s plans are to buy a league one club relatively cheaply, build a stadium, fanbase and most importantly, Success. Then sell on a well run, self sufficient club for a profit, then owning or leasing the land would be fairly irrelevant in their view, in my opinion.

Depends on the the duration of the lease, ownership of the land may have been better for our owners, but let's say the leasehold is for 500 years, that's as good as ownership and secures the future of OUFC having a home without future owners selling the land.
I think I saw something like 125 years, but not sure where or if this is correct!

Song for Saturday?

Middletons a shyster he wears a liars hat
And when he tried to stop the plan OCC said no f**k that
He lies every morning he lies every night
And when we’re in the stadium we all know who was right
Considering the ref is called Middleton, might be wise to hold off on that at the start, don't want to get off on the wrong foot with him 🤣

I think I saw something like 125 years, but not sure where or if this is correct!
I would of thought the owners would be pushing for a longer lease if that's the only option, or shorter lease if there is a right to buy the land?

If the supporters group gets going, maybe they may make a point of requesting the local KPC firework display is moved from Stratfield Brake due to the damage it does to the local environment and welfare of animals...Green Party in Kidlington and FOSB very quiet about this for some reason given they want to protect the Green belt and every creature within 2 miles of it.

Back
Top Bottom