General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had messages from one person, who is very anti stadium apologising for IM's behaviour. They're wanting to distance themselves but due to the previous refusal to acknowledge IM's involvement they're stuck. This also corroborates other rumours. They are an FOSB supporter but are appalled by not only his Historical tweets but also his recent meltdowns.

They still hope for the stadium to be rejected but have a feeling it's going to happen due to the lack of promised support coming from locals. Nextdoor is no longer a safe space for them. (Their quote)

Morale is low, their faith in the "leadership" is low and they've commented that they won't be giving money anymore.
In a democracy, the right to oppose should always be respected, it’s part of democracy’s system of checks and balances, and respect to those, as you highlight, that have done so with respect and dignity. As for IM, clearly a toxic individual based on his tweets and certainly not helping the opposition cause just by his association.

Last edited:
The very same former Green Councillor who was found to have broken Local Government rules for not declaring personal interests, and subsequently referred to a standards committee following an investigation?

Surely not!
Yes & Freinds of iffley fields, & CND protester.

I might want to buy the Triangle land to build 30 beach volleyball courts, and I might ask the Council if that's possible, but it's irrelevant.
Ffs, the land is not suitable for beach volleyball or any other sport, it's contaminated.

(It's fine for educational purposes though because hasmat suits will be provided for the kids).

Yes & Freinds of iffley fields, & CND protester.
I’ve nothing against CND protesters.

It’s just interesting when people may have been involved with local politics, and have been found to have not declared their personal interests, write to the local paper but don’t make reference to their apparent involvement in a party for which a senior local member is actively campaigning against the development in question.

Seems a curious omission when an individual instead makes a big play on how supportive their family and Blackbird Leys is about the Kassam. Particularly when spurious transport claims are made in relation to said site.

Very curious.

Think this is a real school boy error from FOSB, all their arguments over keeping it green belt and environmental impact gets thrown out the window by them backing this. 🤣
I think it proves what we always suspected - they just do not want football fans near their middle class idyll. Nothing to do with the environment, the green belt, badgers, wildflowers, traffic, parking etc. It's about keeping us scummy football fans away from them.

Am I going mad or has the article now changed?

An alternative land use proposal was submitted to Oxfordshire County Council for ‘The Triangle’, east of Frieze Way and south of Kidlington Roundabout, by Oxfordshire Projects, commonly known as TRAX, last Monday (September 11).

The Oxfordshire-based charity has been looking for new premises since 2020 and asked the council's cabinet for support to use the land in Kidlington.

However, its trustees said they were "informed that the Triangle was identified as a potential solution for OUFC and not as a general release of land."

The charity has since "moved on" from the proposal and is looking for other options.

I’m old enough to remember when FOSB started up calling themselves a charity, until @SwissYellow and others got them to clarify and retract. Makes me even more sceptical of this new “charity” that apparently only McIvor knows the name of.

Perhaps they could have a word with that nice Mr kassam as he's soon going to have some spare land on the edge of the green belt .... I think some Swedish style huts would look perfect on the overflow car park...
.....or alternatively, the club could offer to enter discussions with the charity through it's fitc arm to support its aims and ambitions in finding a new site and perhaps partner in their work in the future....

Am I going mad or has the article now changed?

An alternative land use proposal was submitted to Oxfordshire County Council for ‘The Triangle’, east of Frieze Way and south of Kidlington Roundabout, by Oxfordshire Projects, commonly known as TRAX, last Monday (September 11).

The Oxfordshire-based charity has been looking for new premises since 2020 and asked the council's cabinet for support to use the land in Kidlington.

However, its trustees said they were "informed that the Triangle was identified as a potential solution for OUFC and not as a general release of land."

The charity has since "moved on" from the proposal and is looking for other options.

It has. These lines give me comfort:

Screenshot_20230918_155148_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230918_155204_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom