General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stratfield Brake is gone, no point wondering on it anymore, no chance of anything ever happening there with KPC essentially being a pressure group masquerading as a parish council.

It means that no money will ever be spent on it beyond what the club give out to upgrade facilities (the club should ask for receipts and proof that the money has actually been used on improvements, not disappeared) as that parish council cares for nothing but stopping developments.
I get that SB is gone. I just hope those responsible get held to account by the residents one way or another. KPC are opposing the development, but have no plan for SB and providing facilities for locals if OUFC don’t take care of it. Just pure incompetent representation.

I get that SB is gone. I just hope those responsible get held to account by the residents one way or another. KPC are opposing the development, but have no plan for SB and providing facilities for locals if OUFC don’t take care of it. Just pure incompetent representation.
Basically kpc have handed responsibility over to Kidlington recreational trust which is a charity to raise funds for all the sports grounds and buildings

It means that no money will ever be spent on it beyond what the club give out to upgrade facilities (the club should ask for receipts and proof that the money has actually been used on improvements, not disappeared) as that parish council cares for nothing but stopping developments.
Live images from OUFC announcing their funding for upgrading the facilities on SB...

Expect desperation mode to go into overdrive for FoSB. Do not rise to it.
Indeed. We just need to keep getting those last emails into Cabinet - it’s looking good but important that we don’t leave it to chance or others.

Only then can we really look forward to 9 October (and be ready then to go again when the planning consultation period starts - all in good time!)

I’m all for the council selling the land to OUFC but it has to be to OUFC and not the owners.
Do we know what happens if it is a sale rather than a lease with regards to it being in the name of the club rather than in the name of the owners/owners company? This is vital for the future of the club. We don’t want to be in the same position as we are now where Kassam owns the land/stadium rather than the club.

Its better to campaign for extra facilities being built alongside new housing than campaign against the construction of them

We need more housing, other people deserve a place to live just as much as you or I and when we get on the ladder we don't have the right to pull it up after ourselves (to lets be honest further profit from a falsely inflated housing market), we don't when we buy a property have a right to stop anything being built within two square miles, that doesn't come with the deeds to your house.

Getting in bed with nimbys is the wrong way to go about this, far better to put pressure onto make the best of new developments than to just try and stop an inevitable progress. Oxfordshire has loads of room to build on and solve its (self made) housing crisis without wrecking the local environment.
That sounds like Utopia to me.
It doesn’t happen like that .
Planning is nearly always a cart before the horse scenario and often the horse never arrives.
When it does ,the outcome is a watered down version and the horse morphs into a Shetland pony .

So sb is still solely kpc?
Yes managed by CDC on behalf of KPC at a current budget of circa £160k cost to KPC probably will be more in the budget which will be looked at in November. Then of course there is income from the club's and the pavilion. costs circa 214K to run from memory. And of course GWEPC contribute another 10%

Last edited:
My hunch is SB will be built on with houses in 5 or 6 years time. Developed by our owners, high spec, perfect to attract the Premier League players we need.

and her partner Yarnton's own Chester V
Neither of whom will be involved in the process of planning, they’ve shown their hand & have shown their bias. Swear I have read somewhere that anyone with documented bias against the stadium will be unable to vote at CDC level on planning permission & even if they could it would give the club a strong case for bias in any appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom