General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must also not forget, that many Oxfordshire communities, in general,feel much aggrieved by there inability to alter outcomes, in regard to housing developments.
(I think I read ,that between 3000 to 4000 homes are to be built in the vicinity of Kidlington/North Oxford Corridor).
Stopping a stadium is,for good or bad,there chance of a victory,there chance of a protest vote.
4500 planned new homes. This does not include the ones opposite the golf club. Having watched the proceedings it was clear that the decision was made long before the councillors met last night. Mr neutral was pushing for this for months. One thing is for certain, the Triangle will be built on wether it be a state of the art stadium, or yet more housing. It will not stay as a piece of wasteland.

Oh come on everyone!!! Did you expect KPC to be neutral???? Look who's on the parish council, for a start. That gives you an indication what way they are leaning.. So for me it's no suprise & just another no news day..

Oh come on everyone!!! Did you expect KPC to be neutral???? Look who's on the parish council, for a start. That gives you an indication what way they are leaning.. So for me it's no suprise & just another no news day..

Exactly!

KPC vetoed the Stratfield Brake site at the beginning of the process, and all the claims of neutrality were surely viewed by everyone as the nonsense that they are. (Excellent and tireless work by @DannyW notwithstanding)

...and the idea that a parish council has a huge influence on waverers, the apathetic or the ambivalent is just plain laughable.

Nothing to see here folks.

Not too anti on the face of it.
Not surprised that parking will be ine of the concerns. I guess that the Council need ro work with the club on the solution for this ( resident only parking at certain times)?

Not too anti on the face of it.
Not surprised that parking will be ine of the concerns. I guess that the Council need ro work with the club on the solution for this ( resident only parking at certain times)?
Written before last nights full council meeting. You needed to watch it or be there to see how non neutral and negative the vast majority of councillors are about ANY progressive move for either SB or the Triangle.

I watched and recorded the OUFC relevant part of the meeting and have the footage of Cllrs Middleton and Mawson voting in favour of KPC which is clear evidence of predetermination and should no longer be able to vote on this issue on the other councils they sit on.

KPC Chair Cllr Prof. Robey abstained from voting as it was a done deal but couldn't hide his delight and made a quip about preserving his neutrality to the end.

It's extremely inappropriate for them to have taken this step during the consultation period and its clear its a cynical attempt to influence people's responses. It's just another act in a long line of disingenuous acts by KPC which Cllr Miller must ignore. I do fear however that as Cllr Miller will agree with his fellow LibDem.
Think Mr Middleton has missed a trick here, this was obviously going to go favourably for KPC with only two voting against.
What he should have done was abstained and said Im neutral on this knowing he would get the result he wanted.
By voting this way he will as you say not be allowed to get involved.
Silly move really and one that could work in our favour if we get the go ahead in September

Think Mr Middleton has missed a trick here, this was obviously going to go favourably for KPC with only two voting against.
What he should have done was abstained and said Im neutral on this knowing he would get the result he wanted.
Silly move really and one that could work in our favour if we get the go ahead in September
If you think that there was any chance that he and his party along with the LibDems were going to abstain or vote no, then you must be smoking the wrong stuff. 😂

I have it recorded too in case KPC accidentally lose a record of who voted and how.

Written before last nights full council meeting. You needed to watch it or be there to see how non neutral and negative the vast majority of councillors are about ANY progressive move for either SB or the Triangle.

Let's be clear, any answers to the questions would not be enough for KPC/FoSB anyway to change the 'object' position.

I'm sure OCC will be aware of FoSB's infiltration of KPC.

Hi all

The survey has now been running for a while and attention has naturally drifted away from it. This is another VITAL step in the process of securing the new stadium and the future of our club and I would urge anyone who hasn’t filled it out to click on the OxVox link below and do so at once.

The feedback we are getting is that the margin has narrowed and we need to push ahead again.

We as supporters have a unique opportunity to make a massive impact on the future of the club we love. Don’t let this chance drift away. Five minutes of your time is all we ask.

If you have already filled it out then please email family and friends and urge them to do the same. Group message friends on social media and add these links. Make it easy for them to help.

If they agree that the club has done a fantastic job of answering the council’s criteria and you can persuade at least three of them to fill it out, then we will really send a strong message to the Council and also the planning department later on.

Remember you don’t have to live in Oxfordshire any more to fill this out. Expats and people connected to the county/club can also get involved.

Now is the time to act.

Full details are on our website http://www.oxvox.org.uk/occsurvey/

Numbers matter so don’t leave this to others to others to do.

• Click the link
  • Fill out the survey
  • Encourage others to do the same

Our supporters have been amazing at every step and it’s time to go again. Time to let them hear our voice and to make a difference.

Thank you all you fabulous people !

OxVox

Please ,please explain why several groups consisting of local Councillors and others keep asking OUFC the same questions over and over again! Concerns over parking, traffic congestion , and a walkway bridge going over the Oxford Road to a new Stadium to and fro from Oxford Parkway Rail Station.
Do they really think that OUFC is accountable for things that go on outside there Stadium perimeter, off course not , so why are these groups keep asking questions that is not OUFCs problem .
As for the Bridge mentioned perhaps if its not in keeping with the environment then a subway (not the sandwich lot)
under the Oxford Road ,out of sight ! Hope they can move on and stop seeking answers to irrelevant questions!

Please ,please explain why several groups consisting of local Councillors and others keep asking OUFC the same questions over and over again! Concerns over parking, traffic congestion , and a walkway bridge going over the Oxford Road to a new Stadium to and fro from Oxford Parkway Rail Station.
Do they really think that OUFC is accountable for things that go on outside there Stadium perimeter, off course not , so why are these groups keep asking questions that is not OUFCs problem .
As for the Bridge mentioned perhaps if its not in keeping with the environment then a subway (not the sandwich lot)
under the Oxford Road ,out of sight ! Hope they can move on and stop seeking answers to irrelevant questions!

The ignore or misrepresent information they don't like. The Green Party locally are especially bad at this.

When we have our first game for 2026/27 season I urge everyone to park outside Middleton’s home like they have done on Clarksons farm. I will happily hire a mini bus, and shuttle people from Yarnton to the stadium all morning before the game.

Part of the negotiation of the heads of terms:
  • significantly improving the infrastructure connectivity in this location, improving public transport to reduce the need for car travel in so far as possible, and to improve sustainable transport through increased walking, cycling and rail use
They are, correctly imo, a relevant consideration to OUFC.

Oxford United are responsible for things that happen outside its perimeter so its really not helpful to keep repeating this point.

Traffic management and parking will be part of the planning application, as will access to and from the stadium. Raising concerns about these issues are perfectly valid and, whether we agree with them or not, councillors have responsibility to those they represent to raise these concerns.

However, and this is the bit that these councillors deliberately ignore, this information will be part of the planning application and won't simply be produced on their demand.

Hi all

The survey has now been running for a while and attention has naturally drifted away from it. This is another VITAL step in the process of securing the new stadium and the future of our club and I would urge anyone who hasn’t filled it out to click on the OxVox link below and do so at once.

The feedback we are getting is that the margin has narrowed and we need to push ahead again.

We as supporters have a unique opportunity to make a massive impact on the future of the club we love. Don’t let this chance drift away. Five minutes of your time is all we ask.

If you have already filled it out then please email family and friends and urge them to do the same. Group message friends on social media and add these links. Make it easy for them to help.

If they agree that the club has done a fantastic job of answering the council’s criteria and you can persuade at least three of them to fill it out, then we will really send a strong message to the Council and also the planning department later on.

Remember you don’t have to live in Oxfordshire any more to fill this out. Expats and people connected to the county/club can also get involved.

Now is the time to act.

Full details are on our website http://www.oxvox.org.uk/occsurvey/

Numbers matter so don’t leave this to others to others to do.

• Click the link
  • Fill out the survey
  • Encourage others to do the same

Our supporters have been amazing at every step and it’s time to go again. Time to let them hear our voice and to make a difference.

Thank you all you fabulous people !

OxVox
Paul

This is quite depressing, I would have thought that we had close to a home average gate of around 8000.

5000 of them season ticket holders and the rest from another 5000 who dip in and out of matches, so by now I would have thought we should have close to 10000 wanting the stadium.

Are the club doing enough, they must have a massive data base, they should be making it clear that our future is a stake.

If OUFC supporters can’t be arsed to fill this in then why should the County Council take it further.

Im sure all on this Forum and other forums and Ox Vox have done their bit, but the average fan who turns up to a game needs to be engaged somehow unless they do I fear the worse.

Someone cheer me up….. please

Paul

This is quite depressing, I would have thought that we had close to a home average gate of around 8000.

5000 of them season ticket holders and the rest from another 5000 who dip in and out of matches, so by now I would have thought we should have close to 10000 wanting the stadium.

Are the club doing enough, they must have a massive data base, they should be making it clear that our future is a stake.

If OUFC supporters can’t be arsed to fill this in then why should the County Council take it further.

Im sure all on this Forum and other forums and Ox Vox have done their bit, but the average fan who turns up to a game needs to be engaged somehow unless they do I fear the worse.

Someone cheer me up….. please

The majority of the population will go their whole lives without filling in an online survey, it’s just not something some people will ever do. No policy decisions should be completely dictated by a survey, antis always shout loudest but when you look at their numbers they are still small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom