General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to know how much this scheme costs Brighton, as the cost of the ticket doesn't cover the free travel and the club subsidise the rest. They're currently doing a review of the scheme.

Just a couple of months ago Brighton (the club) said this: “Our costs — over which the club has no control — have increased across the board and continue to do so, with the cost per person much higher than ever envisaged.

“Nonetheless we continue to receive regular feedback, positive and negative, direct to the club about travel.

To reiterate @Malc's question:

Who do you support?

Park and rides no good , how can you have a few sherberts ? Best way public transport door to door even a short taxi journey!
Talking of taxis has Kidlington got a decent outfit , a phone link straight to the new hotel would bring in revenue and jobs or even a three car taxi stand !
Taxis are steep, for example: taxi from Oxford train station to Kidlington is between £20-25 quid. So I'd advise not to go on your own. Share with your mates....

I'd love to hear what people think isn't 'perfect' with the plans? I'm yet to see anyone on here do that.
It's not perfect, but it's far better than what we have, if you were an Oxford Utd supporter you'd recognise that and support it (even cautiously).

I'm all for people questioning things, like why we have reduced the capacity, or whether there will be a bridge directly to the train station, but all you do is attempt to put up barriers. There is nothing constructive about the way you go about it, that leads people to think that you do not have Oxford United and their interests at heart.

I'd be interested to know how much this scheme costs Brighton, as the cost of the ticket doesn't cover the free travel and the club subsidise the rest. They're currently doing a review of the scheme.

Just a couple of months ago Brighton (the club) said this: “Our costs — over which the club has no control — have increased across the board and continue to do so, with the cost per person much higher than ever envisaged.

“Nonetheless we continue to receive regular feedback, positive and negative, direct to the club about travel.

Link?

So to you, someone getting a lift 4 miles to their nearest train station - and then getting a train 21 miles to the ground, is the same as someone driving 24.5 miles and then getting a shuttle bus half a mile?

You're being deliberately obtuse.
Public transport is rarely door to door.
What you're thinking of is a f**king taxi.
Sorry, when did I say it was the 'same'? You asked if it should be included in the 90%, not if they're the 'same'.

Someone using a car to get to a train/bus should not be 'counted' as part of the 90% travelling by 'sustainable' means. Nowhere did I say they were the same.

OK so what about suggesting that inevitably the move will mean a far higher % of people going by public transport.
Whether it is 60%, 50% or 70% ( with short driving to a train station).
Do you accept that?
Yep, I accept that, but that isn't what the club are asserting.

“I'd love to hear what people think isn't 'perfect' with the plans? I'm yet to see anyone on here do that.”

Hilariously transparent. You could just picture the fingers hovering over CRTL+C after posting this.

“They’ll definitely say something negative after I’ve laid such a cunning trap.”

It’s a great irony that football fans are thought to be so stupid when this is the kind of tactics employed by those who seek to sow division and negativity.

Must do better.

View attachment 14210
Some of you love a good conspiracy, don't you?

Sorry, when did I say it was the 'same'? You asked if it should be included in the 90%, not if they're the 'same'.

Someone using a car to get to a train/bus should not be 'counted' as part of the 90% travelling by 'sustainable' means. Nowhere did I say they were the same.
How would you possibly be able to measure how fans getting the train arrived at their departure train station?

Some of you love a good conspiracy, don't you?
Given how difficult you seem to find it to discuss matters online with virtually everyone, if not all, of the people on here, how about this as a way forward:

Why not meet up in person to discuss the concerns you have?

Name a pre-season game you’re going to, or which home game you’ll be first at in August and I’m sure we can arrange a catch-up at the ground.

We’re all a friendly bunch so I have no doubt that a handful of us would be more than happy to share a drink and discuss matters politely in person.

You clearly have concerns but love the club, so name the game you’re next at and I’m sure you’ll have a few of us on here who would be very happy to discuss the matter with a fellow fan.

Name the date and we’ll get something organised.

The Gardeners Arms is under threat of closure in Tackley. Hope 'Tackley Steve' is among the residents campaigning to keep it open, Its an important local assert. It might direct his attention to another project, more worthy and more local to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom