General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is re public transport , covid infection. It hasn't gone away and we do have to live with it but it still is an issue .
Covid is the new flu now, it will always be here now but it is like having the flu now.

If you are that worried then do you worry when going to the shops? A football stadium with 1000’s of others?

I'll be the one in the corner of Sarge's pub playing cribbage, while imbibing a craft cider and a packet of pork scratchings.
I'm just looking forward to the old-style vinyl jukebox that Sarge will no doubt install with a selection of 60s/70s/80s deep cuts...

Now hold on just a minute!

We don't need any line built down here in OX12, we just need a station and some trains to stop now and then!!

Abingdon can wait their bloody turn.
We haven't even got a leisure centre in Wallingford, let alone a train station!

Covid is the new flu now, it will always be here now but it is like having the flu now.

If you are that worried then do you worry when going to the shops? A football stadium with 1000’s of others?
Disagree with that flu comment Steve, my daughter was up to running 18 miles in her training for the London Marathon last year. A year on from Covid she has long covid with chronic fatigue and can’t run further than 1 mile so the common analogy of it’s like having flu doesn’t sit well with the thousands of long covid sufferers.
I get your point though that we just have to get on with and lead our normal lives, it’s just that flu handle that irks me!

Now SB is off the cards is there anywhere within walking distance we can moor a canal boat to get us Abingdon lot to the ground? 😁
moor near the Highwayman, then its a 10-15 min ( same distance, give or take, as the Bird to breeze block) stroll through SB nature reserve, then carefully dodge the many dog mines on SB sports ground, cross Frieze way to the Triangle (and Plaza)

Last edited:
Cholsey is to Wallingford what Radley is to Abingdon.

Edit: Oh, you mean the bunkline. That would be magnificent if they could connect that to Ox Parkway. I'd pick up @Manorlounger on the way, with a cream tea in hand.

Get enough of you together to fill a train and they might do a match day special if you ask. They might even provide a Cream Tea for extra!

Where did Victoria/Trevor or Steve go, they've not come back on all the responses to them.....
Victoria has been writing to OMwearing her fosb spokesperson hat - letter in today - claiming the majority of Kidlington residents oppose the stadium project, and implying OUFC owners cannot afford to fund the £100m cost of the stadium....repro of OM letters page to follow later- Im out n about till this afernoon

Cholsey is to Wallingford what Radley is to Abingdon.

Edit: Oh, you mean the bunkline. That would be magnificent if they could connect that to Ox Parkway. I'd pick up @Manorlounger on the way, with a cream tea in hand.
It's an idea to toy with, evening kick off preceded by a sumptuous cream tea on board the Pullman. (proper tea mind, crusts off etc)

belmond-british-pullman-afternoon-tea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom