General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OM letters page today ....James Hobbs- (take a bow)- responds to and dismantles FoSBs Victoria Campbells previous letter on her kpc poll ...also a short letter n odd point from Kelvin Markham of Kidlington who thinks most Uk stadiums should be rebuilt ? ....repro to follow soon(ish)
I think Kelvin has magically discovered the fallacy of Reductio ad Absurdum.
If you were to extend it to every planet in the multiverse then you would be expecting aliens to rebuild stadia which is clearly ridiculous. QED.

Is there anything to stop them calling another poll when the details are announced? Do they just need to find another 10 people to propose it and it has to happen, or was it a one-time only poll on this subject?
Nope, they can call as many polls as they like, and it doesn't have to be a different 10 people either.

It could get very costly.

Kelvin’s letter is fascinating. He says the point made by OUFC is “doubtless…true”. He then makes his own logical deduction, which he labels “nonsense”. And decides to send the letter in anyway, presumably because he thinks it somehow invalidates the point OUFC made, despite his specific admission that he agrees it is true.

Is there anything to stop them calling another poll when the details are announced? Do they just need to find another 10 people to propose it and it has to happen, or was it a one-time only poll on this subject?
Im not sure if the law FoSB used applies to only AGMs or if it applies to KPC meetings.... maybe @DannyW as a parish councillor will know which it is?

each poll that FoSB do call ( as a filibustering/ delaying tactic) will cost the parish council £7k a time

This looks impressive
Oh to have a nice, clean, state of the art stadium similar to that. A stadium we can FINALLY be proud of. A stadium and facilities the whole county can finally be proud of!

This looks impressive
I ve been to their old stadium, 14/15 years ago .... my daughter in law is from Lodz, I went to their local derby, on a Friday evening with my counterpart. .... spookily, my daughter in laws Dad,' Stan' who I ran into a few days ago, he lives n works in Witney, was telling me his team had finished building their new stadium and he's planning on going to watch his team there with his brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom