General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading that and the same few NIMBYs I actually feel sad that the SB Stadium which would have provided top notch sporting facilities while helping the local community have theirs was cancelled by these short sighted selfish fools .
They are childish , embarrassing and like a little gang of bullies but pretending not to be.
Shameful .
The triangle will be great and as always OUFC will benefit the community just a shame that it could have been even better , for future generations....what a legacy it could have been.

Blimey what an absolute hellhole corner of the internet Nextdoor is. Boggs, Hill and co. could be likened to Trump supporters, FAKE NEWS!
theyre just some of the echoes, cllrs Middleton,and fellow 'green' cllr Ward, along with FoSBs co spokespeople Campbell and McIvor appear to be the main architects of misinformation

Last edited:
This to me is a fishing expedition, Councillors finding out what backing they have over the plans for an OUFC Stadium , SB & the Triangle with the Kidlington residents vote !! Well by the mere fact of 70% of residents not voting it would seem your popularity is one of rock bottom ! To see,if true ,the photos of SB is appalling, lack of investment to the point of becoming waste land , no another motive maybe but then OUFC came along with generous offers of bringing the expertise landscaping to bring the land back to life should you be willing for the club to have the site ! As you are,I assume,educated people why look a gift horse in the mouth , something very wrong here and I believe an investigation should be done by an independent body over the neglect of SB !

What a shocking state the pitches on Stratfield Brake are in, and judging by the comments the so called ‘friends’ of SB could‘t care less. ‘Friends’ of Stratfield Brake? My a**e.

£7000 spent on a meaningless poll, yes it’s worth repeating, Seven Thousand Pounds!

If Kidlington PC have got £7000 splashing around in their current account, how about spending in on basic maintenance and upkeep of Stratfield Brake?

What a shocking state the pitches on Stratfield Brake are in, and judging by the comments the so called ‘friends’ of SB could‘t care less. ‘Friends’ of Stratfield Brake? My a**e.

£7000 spent on a meaningless poll, yes it’s worth repeating, Seven Thousand Pounds!

If Kidlington PC have got £7000 splashing around in their current account, how about spending in on basic maintenance and upkeep of Stratfield Brake?
They’ve never been ‘friends’ of Stratfield Brake. Everyone knows that. Even councillors now see that. They have alienated most of the general public against them & disturbed a hornets nest of OUFC fans. We have behaved in an exemplary manner & they were hoping to prove us to be ‘bullies’ & ‘hooligans’ now they’ve failed. They have very little left. Their argument about the triangle is false as mere months before they knew it was on the table they labelled it ‘contaminated wasteland’ they’ve managed to tangle themselves up in their own lies. Now they just recycle the same rubbish over and over

They’ve never been ‘friends’ of Stratfield Brake. Everyone knows that. Even councillors now see that. They have alienated most of the general public against them & disturbed a hornets nest of OUFC fans. We have behaved in an exemplary manner & they were hoping to prove us to be ‘bullies’ & ‘hooligans’ now they’ve failed. They have very little left. Their argument about the triangle is false as mere months before they knew it was on the table they labelled it ‘contaminated wasteland’ they’ve managed to tangle themselves up in their own lies. Now they just recycle the same rubbish over and over
FACT. In November FoSB allowed KPC to advertise their annual Firework display held on the SB sports ground, alongside SB nature reserve. Real 'friends' of SB would have opposed the firework display due to distress it would cause to the wildlife inhabiting the nature reserve, even with slightly not quite so loud fireworks being used, said wildlife will have been unimaginably frightened for their lives. They, FoSB didnt oppose it at all. FoSB supporter and green councillor on KPC, elected late last year, when challenged whether she, as a green councillor would be opposing KPCs firework display , November this year responded, 'No , people like it' . Which, for me throws her green principles into serious question. The green party in Kidlington has been infiltrated by non greens, many with strong links with, if not actual members of FoSB, with a single agenda. And its not a green agenda from what I can see

Last edited:
I expect FoWE to assemble anytime soon, I think the co spokesperson for FoSB, the Cutteslowe based co spokesperson, has taken her eye off the ball somewhat?..... today's OM reporting on 800 new builds going up 'soon' (subject to planning permission from CDC),.... noticed its a relatively a new name at the OM reporting on this....

348375838_779225227116049_7868767608665336511_n.jpg

Last edited:
I expect FoWE to assemble anytime soon, I think the co spokesperson for FoSB, the Cutteslowe based co sspokesperson, has taken her eye off the ball somewhat?..... today's OM reporting on 800 new builds going up 'soon' (subject to planning permission from CDC),.... noticed its a relatively a new name at the OM reporting on this....

View attachment 13593

With all these new houses being built, world class sporting, recreational and leisure facilities would be most welcome.

Aw diddums IM.

So true democracy then, I expect you will be putting candidates up against any Lib Dem candidate in future and vice versa.
dont hold your breath on that

incidentally Cllr Middleton is deputy leader of the so called Green /Lib Dem progressive alliance in Cherwell district. , reading between the lines, I do wonder if it was him refusing to step down from his perceived position of power - is it 3 green seats on CDC now?- to make way for the local labour party leader that scuppered a green/lib dem and labour coalition overseeing CDC fortunes? I really would not be surprised if that was the case. Not that I know either way

Can anyone please advise me . Where do the funds come from for the upkeep of SB is it through donations by the local residents or maybe firework displays(entrance fees/ Fetes ) ! Sorry I know I'm boring but after seeing those photos I feel all FOSB supporters owe an explanation as to the condition of the said playing fields they adore so much and protect ! I think the 7 thou spent on a vote would of been far better spent in a little maintainance the cause they are trying to protect ! I'm ashamed of each and every one of you , this is written without prejudice !

Can anyone please advise me . Where do the funds come from for the upkeep of SB is it through donations by the local residents or maybe firework displays(entrance fees/ Fetes ) ! Sorry I know I'm boring but after seeing those photos I feel all FOSB supporters owe an explanation as to the condition of the said playing fields they adore so much and protect ! I think the 7 thou spent on a vote would of been far better spent in a little maintainance the cause they are trying to protect ! I'm ashamed of each and every one of you , this is written without prejudice !
For balance :
FoSB would argue the 75k being spent by OCC on the OUFC project, would be money better spent, on improving the drainage at SB ?
For clarity I’m neither a resident of Kidlington or North Oxford.
Nor am I anti volley ball .

The local Councils', CDC, KPC and G&WEPC iirc. It is a rather significant part of KPC's expenditure.

OUFC's offer of taking on pitch maintenance if they get the new stadium would make a rather decent saving for KPC (and I assume the others).

council tax I believe.... and yes £7k would have been much better spent providing any services for Parish residents, including the upkeep of SB sports ground.

FoSB co spokespersons , one whom definitely doesn't live in Kidlington, claim they're speaking on behalf of villagers. Theyre dot, they speak for themselves, their own interests and those their coven members IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom