General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been waiting for the Quisling’s spin on things.

Of course he uses it to act all sarcky against stadium supporters and view it with success - which it isn’t.

Attachments

• IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 129

Of course he uses it to act all sarcky against stadium supporters and view it with success - which it isn’t.
‘Unprecedented for a poll this type’. I can tell you now that having a poll on a development project is pretty much unprecedented in itself.

And if local residents did have regular polls on this type of thing, these results would hardly be considered damming compared to the resistance we would see to the normal housing projects.

Last edited:

Who said there was a silent majority in favour of the stadium? I've never seen that claimed.

A tip Mr Middleton, if you wish to remain 'cautiously neutral', then don't make things up to back up your argument.

20% of people eligible to vote being against something is not indicative of anything, the fact that 80% are not is more of a statement.

People who don’t mind the stadium being built are not going to go out of there way to vote, that’s why we don’t run society with silly little polls on every issue, nothing would ever get done.

It’s been a ridiculous charade that will rightly be ignored and should never of happened.

We have a democratic process in this country that Middleton, Campbell and McIvor have tried to subvert since the start, we should follow that process and ignore the nimbys attempt to return us to the times of rotten boroughs.

He is using terms like statistically significant without providing any scientific data as to how he has reached that conclusion. In addition, he says the turnout is unprecedented. Well, what are the similar polls he is basing that statement against? It seems anyone can say anything these days

Absolutely. All FoSB have been successful in doing is starting a class war in Oxfordshire. I do worry about the Gown's influence on the councils involved. We'll see how it plays out.
Thankfully we aren't dealing with the city council, we wouldn't have even been given a sniff of hope with them most likely.

To put things into perspective, there was a campaign against a Water Park being built in Chesterton. For those that don't know, Chesterton is significantly smaller than Kidlington and although it's right next to Bicester, the roads in and out of the village are your typical country b roads that would struggle with a huge increase in traffic. This would be around 5 miles from the train stations in Bicester, a couple of miles from the A34 and with nothing more than the bog standard hourly bus service that many villages have.

A petition was submitted against the proposal, signed by 2528 people. This made absolutely no difference and the Water Park is now being built.

There is absolutely no reason to think that any of the actual decision makers will careless about a non-binding and premature poll that had fewer objections than many similar projects.

cue the OM letters page being filled with claims and undisguised gloating from his FoSB acolytes

To put things into perspective, there was a campaign against a Water Park being built in Chesterton. For those that don't know, Chesterton is significantly smaller than Kidlington and although it's right next to Bicester, the roads in and out of the village are your typical country b roads that would struggle with a huge increase in traffic. This would be around 5 miles from the train stations in Bicester, a couple of miles from the A34 and with nothing more than the bog standard hourly bus service that many villages have.

A petition was submitted against the proposal, signed by 2528 people. This made absolutely no difference and the Water Park is now being built.

There is absolutely no reason to think that any of the actual decision makers will careless about a non-binding and premature poll that had fewer objections than many similar projects.

exactly this Scotch. OCC themselves voted against this or at least rejected plans & it still got built.

Thanks Scotchers that has lifted my hopes somewhat

In the planning process, a petition is counted as a single opinion. If 2,500 people wrote and objected (in their own words, not a copy/paste exercise), then more weight would be added to local opinion by the planning officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom