General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be inclusive within the 16000 I imagine.

I’d be fine with it. It’s appropriate for now and could be adjusted in future if required. We need to be pragmatic on this.
You‘re correct it’s a 16,000 capacity stadium including standing. I‘m disappointed to be honest.

not really the ambition of a ‘top 30 club’ though

You need to see the much bigger picture.

Without a new stadium we are homeless in 2026. Without a home its likely that the club dies. We searched the county for appropriate sites and Stratfield Brake would have been ideal, but that's not to be.

The choice now appears to be a 16,000 state of the art stadium on the Triangle (with potential caveat) or no football club.

Survival comes before ambition right now.

You need to see the much bigger picture.

Without a new stadium we are homeless in 2026. Without a home its likely that the club dies. We searched the county for appropriate sites and Stratfield Brake would have been ideal, but that's not to be.

The choice now appears to be a 16,000 state of the art stadium on the Triangle (with potential caveat) or no football club.

Survival comes before ambition right now.

I understand that. I just want to hear from the club on the reasons why it has been reduced. Why not state it would be 16k from the start?

I think 16000 is fine, at least for now. I don't particularly enjoy going to a large stadium which is too big for the crowds currently going to the games (cough, MK, cough). What you'd hope is that they are clever enough to have factored in some sort of contingency to increase the capacity somewhat if and when we need it.

16k would be enough for now but I'd like to know if there is scope to extend that should we need it.
If it had been on SB, I could understand it, but I worry that the triangle site will be harder to expand, hence why I'd like to have seen us go ever so slightly bigger.

I'm sure I'll cope though :ROFLMAO:

I understand that. I just want to hear from the club on the reasons why it has been reduced. Why not state it would be 16k from the start?

These things change and as Colin has said, there are things that might be needed to smooth planning requirements. I'm willing to trust that those behind this project know what they are doing and haven't just taken 2000 off (and the potential loss of income that comes with that) without valid reasons.

Brentford seem to be doing just fine with 17k. As are Bournemouth with 11k. Blackpool have been in the top flight relatively recently with 16k.

I’m sure there’s been a few others in the top half of the championship with around 16k or less capacity stadiums as well.

It’s not a huge difference to 18k and it’ll also mean a higher percentage of the ground is full as we’re unlikely to sell out every game, particularly in League One. If we move up a division and attendances increase then I’d like to think there’d be scope for increasing capacity as and when required.

Personally I’m not concerned about the reduction, although it would be interesting to find out the actual reason for it.

As others have said, the most important thing is making sure our new stadium is built, so the club can survive and start to build a more prosperous future.

20230505_163422.jpg

Waste of taxpayers money! This was posted through my ex's door in Begbroke! On the back it even says 'Kidlington Parish registered voters only' in bold!

I'm in Begbroke and one landed on my doormat yesterday un all.

We really do have some very stupid fans , some of the comments on social media regarding the latest update beggars belief.
I have done my best to answer them and put a positive spin on it. But one bloke is a ST holder from Witney.
sounds a bit of a snob to me and is saying who in their right mind uses public transport.

As a big Oxford fan I’m extremely excited by the new development however I do think there are some valid concerns about the site. In today’s announcement the club state that at the moment 16.5% travel by bus and 6% by train. Obviously with the train station being so close I’m sure that will change but how realistic is the figure of 90% going by sustainable means? Also there’s an 85% reduction in car parking spaces. I don’t want to be a party pooper but all I’m saying, people like their cars!

Look the only time we could get more than 16000 in the place is when we play one of the top 6 clubs.

We are Oxford United never a hotbed of football.

Most top 30 clubs have a history of being huge clubs we aren’t that, I would liken us to Watford Luton Swindon Bristol Rovers Reading.

We are never going to get 20000 plus coming to watch us on a regular basis.

In our league look at the gates of Ipswich,SW, Portsmouth,Derby Bolton they get huge attendances when we were winning and playing really attractive football we were struggling to get 8000 home fans.

16000 is plenty big enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom