General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS kind of expected todays PM has chair of FoSB and hobbyist lobbyist Suzanne Mcivors anti stadium letter that's already been on the OM website .... here it is ....

View attachment 13047

People in Kidlington called for a parish poll? Yeah all 10 of them, from a population of 14,000, you could find ten miserable, moaning nimbys from that amount of people to protest about anything.

AS kind of expected todays PM has chair of FoSB and hobbyist lobbyist Suzanne Mcivors anti stadium letter that's already been on the OM website .... here it is ....

View attachment 13047
Once again the Queen of misinformation is spouting off. (and as you read the forum, Hi Suzanne šŸ‘‹)

You don't want OUFC to have the area as they are 'a private company', yet you are happy for a fencing company, which is privately owned, to have it. That is hypocrisy.

OUFC are 'a private company' only by a stretch of the definition. They are a community asset that has been in Oxfordshire for over 125 years. It isn't just a football team that plays 25 times a year in the county, it is a provider of opportunities for children to get active, for older people to stay active with their walking football teams, provide retired fans with a vital meeting place and entertainment with The Manor Club, and encourage the county's women and girls to get involved with sport through the excellent Oxford United Ladies team. This is just the tip of the iceberg in what the football club does for the wider community. Trying to put them down as merely 'a private company' shows ignorance on your part.

It won't be 'a squeeze' to get a stadium and facilities onto the Triangle, the space is adequate for this. Of course plans will have to be scaled back from the Stratfield Brake proposal, but there is a lot that can be done with what is available.

The forced vote that FoSB have left the parish council with is simply a way to try to get people on side before they know what the actual proposal contains. It is easier to continue to spread this misinformation before the details are known by the public. It is such a transparent desperation tactic.

The people of Kidlington have in the past been great supporters of their football team, only last year residents lined the roads for the funeral of Joey Beauchamp. Hopefully they won't be fooled by a group of antis who themselves bring nothing to their community, and the club of Oxfordshire can continue to bring benefits to the local population.

Once again the Queen of misinformation is spouting off. (and as you read the forum, Hi Suzanne šŸ‘‹)

You don't want OUFC to have the area as they are 'a private company', yet you are happy for a fencing company, which is privately owned, to have it. That is hypocrisy.

OUFC are 'a private company' only by a stretch of the definition. They are a community asset that has been in Oxfordshire for over 125 years. It isn't just a football team that plays 25 times a year in the county, it is a provider of opportunities for children to get active, for older people to stay active with their walking football teams, provide retired fans with a vital meeting place and entertainment with The Manor Club, and encourage the county's women and girls to get involved with sport through the excellent Oxford United Ladies team. This is just the tip of the iceberg in what the football club does for the wider community. Trying to put them down as merely 'a private company' shows ignorance on your part.

It won't be 'a squeeze' to get a stadium and facilities onto the Triangle, the space is adequate for this. Of course plans will have to be scaled back from the Stratfield Brake proposal, but there is a lot that can be done with what is available.

The forced vote that FoSB have left the parish council with is simply a way to try to get people on side before they know what the actual proposal contains. It is easier to continue to spread this misinformation before the details are known by the public. It is such a transparent desperation tactic.

The people of Kidlington have in the past been great supporters of their football team, only last year residents lined the roads for the funeral of Joey Beauchamp. Hopefully they won't be fooled by a group of antis who themselves bring nothing to their community, and the club of Oxfordshire can continue to bring benefits to the local population.
Wouldn't mind seeing a photo of this letter in the OM.

I'm not well versed on these things, but Ms McIvor also seems positively fuming that people supporting OUFC stood for an election.

Top work! I'm going to write something in response to Ms McIvor to the OM. I hope you don't mind me using some of your words and arguments against her hypocritical drivel.

By the way, it really pisses off the acolytes of FOSB to call Ms McIvor of North Oxford-but-not-Kidlington a 'hobbyist lobbyist'. Keep it up because it's getting the right result and is factually accurate, ain't it, Victoria? :).

Traffic congestion on match days for Kidlington is nonsense. I'm afraid if that's your thoughts you are clutching at straws !! To many major roads surround the Triangle that any number of them can be used to entry/exit the site without any hassle to Kidlington and its residents ! So has Sainsburys caused upheaval with traffic and Kidlington residents and that's a Seven day a week operation ,I think not ! This is a case of not in my back yard , it's not !

Interesting that in the letter, Ms McIvor states that the new facilities would be in Kidlington, not Oxford. Fair do's, but one of the pillars of their objection is to maintain a green corridor BETWEEN Oxford and Kidlington.

If the stadium is now to be regarded as IN Kidlington, then by definition, this proposal alters nothing in the space between the two conurbations and the argument is void.

And with that m'lud, I rest my case.....

Last edited:

A wonderful response, emphasising the Community value of the Club.

Top work! I'm going to write something in response to Ms McIvor to the OM. I hope you don't mind me using some of your words and arguments against her hypocritical drivel.

By the way, it really pisses off the acolytes of FOSB to call Ms McIvor of North Oxford-but-not-Kidlington a 'hobbyist lobbyist'. Keep it up because it's getting the right result and is factually accurate, ain't it, Victoria? :).
No problem, use anything you want.

Already written and the OM emailed me to say it will be published

Just for those members of FoSB here are just some of the dates available for discussion. I would suggest that the good people of Kidlington attend before any poll takes place.

Attachments

• AB3DB8A9-DCE2-4A85-8316-3CE08C751967.jpeg
    AB3DB8A9-DCE2-4A85-8316-3CE08C751967.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 38
Is she aware that the U.K. is a democracy?
A democracy where only people with a certain view are allowed to express their opinions. And anyone from a working class background or who likes traditionally working class sports are also not allowed to express their opinion. As evidenced by all the deleted fact checking and counter points on their social media pages.

Other than that, 100% democratic

A democracy where only people with a certain view are allowed to express their opinions. And anyone from a working class background or who likes traditionally working class sports are also not allowed to express their opinion. As evidenced by all the deleted fact checking and counter points on their social media pages.

Thanks comrade

A wonderful response, emphasising the Community value of the Club.

And that Cambridgeshire-based (not local) DIY retailer pays Ā£500 a YEAR for the Triangle I believe.

There are no economic benefits to Oxfordshire or Kidlington currently derived from the Triangle.

I'm sure the wildlife there is thriving amongst the chainsaws used to cut down the willow to make the rather nice fences. Bet that sells for more than 500 quid.

Screenshot_20230424_120010_Chrome-1.jpg

Just for those members of FoSB here are just some of the dates available for discussion. I would suggest that the good people of Kidlington attend before any poll takes place.

I'd suggest they wait until detailed plans are released before voting in any poll.

Last edited:
Do these anti stadium people campaign against every new sports stadium in the world? No.
So, are they only concerned about one local contaminated field? It seem so, yes.
Rather narrow minded. It's OK to build anywhere bar here.
At the end of the process, I'd like to invite them all to my box, should be plenty of room. I'll even pay for the taxi.

100% facism more like.

Do these anti stadium people campaign against every new sports stadium in the world? No.
So, are they only concerned about one local contaminated field? It seem so, yes.
Rather narrow minded. It's OK to build anywhere bar here.
At the end of the process, I'd like to invite them all to my box, should be plenty of room. I'll even pay for the taxi.
Can imagine Suzanne Mc Ivor and Victoria Campbell will be fighting to get into your box,Id pay a lot of money to watch that šŸ˜€

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom