General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "opposition" seem to focus on Oxford United's foreign owners aims to make a profit out of this development.
I haven't noticed them mentioning the community benefits to the whole County.
I hope the hugely significant work done by the Club in the community will be emphasised at today's meeting.
I'm sure it will be.
Why would they given that they are the opposition?

Evening time?

Kicking it down the road feels as good as a no.
Given it can be watched live I would assume any decision reached will be done in real time.

Meeting starts at 2 and there are five agenda points before it, including two sections from councillors and the public to pose questions / speak, one of which is limited to 30 mins, which to my kind suggests they both will take about that long. So would imagine we get to our agenda item at 3:15ish and then a decision between presumably then and 4, you would think.

I remember back in the day when Brighton were looking to build a new stadium away from Withdean (?) it seemed to be constantly on the news agenda and a source of regular media attention. Same with Rotherham, Brentford and Spurs’ recent upgrade. Those all ended up with amazing new grounds we’d all be extremely happy with.
We don’t even get priority in our local news paper let alone national attention.
I do think it’s an issue deserving of much more focus and scrutiny we don’t want to end up like Bury.
Do people have contacts in TV or radio that could be used?
BBC radio Oxford have had some focus on the Stadium and the significance of today's county council meeting- on local news bulletins what's taking place today was given decent coverage, ( including a mention that FoSB opposed it) , and part of an interview with a 13yo from Witney, by David Preever, a young Oxford United supporter in favour of the project getting the go ahead- I can't remember the interviewees' name, she plays for OUWFC U13s, and spoke well on what the Stadium relocation means to her

Given it can be watched live I would assume any decision reached will be done in real time.

Meeting starts at 2 and there are five agenda points before it, including two sections from councillors and the public to pose questions / speak, one of which is limited to 30 mins, which to my kind suggests they both will take about that long. So would imagine we get to our agenda item at 3:15ish and then a decision between presumably then and 4, you would think.
Thanks ttg.

BBC radio Oxford have had some focus on the Stadium and the significance of today's county council meeting- on local news bulletins what's taking place today was given decent coverage, ( including a mention that FoSB opposed it) , and part of an interview with a 13yo from Witney, by David Preever, a young Oxford United supporter in favour of the project getting the go ahead- I can't remember the interviewees' name, she plays for OUWFC U13s, and spoke well on what the Stadium relocation means to her
Her name Eve Merritt. She spoke very well.

That’s the world we live in I’m afraid. Too many lefties. That’s the media and most local rags.

Take me back to the Eighties, when Britain was better.
NIMBYs aren’t “lefties”, so let’s stop all this political talk before you annoy the many left-leaning Oxford supporters. Today’s not a day to start fights amongst ourselves.

That’s the world we live in I’m afraid. Too many lefties. That’s the media and most local rags.

Take me back to the Eighties, when Britain was better.
"Too many lefties. That’s the media and most local rags."
Oxford Mail > owned by Newsquest > owned by US company Gannett Media > started by Frank Gannett a deeply Republican US citizen, ran as a Republican for Governorship of New York and was Asst Chair of the Republican National Committee. So that would be pretty right wing.

Oxford Mail > owned by Newsquest > owned by US company Gannett Media > started by Frank Gannett a deeply Republican US citizen, ran as a Republican for Governorship of New York and was Asst Chair of the Republican National Committee. So that would be pretty right wing.
I wish at least some of the media was run by lefties. It's all right wing billionaires plus the heavily government-influenced BBC. Local rags are apolitical click factories that if anything pander to angry old local gammons.

Yeah but what’s their stance on capital punishment? :)

Apparently Frank ghost writes all the articles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom