General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think we're building a new stadium without a sizeable contribution to community infrastructure, you're wrong.

Whether it's infrastructure at SB is another matter.
I would have thought that the infrastructure surrounding the triangle would be our contribution and not new facilities on SB

Last edited:
Initially I thought that the current sports clubs who use SB would have been very frustrated with those who wished to stop the OUFC SB development, particularly because those same sports clubs were going to gain a great deal out of the project.

However it’s clear that OUFC have gained the trust and support of those current sports clubs who use SB, especially as the comments from the clubs since the OCC letter about the ‘triangle’ have been extremely positive towards OUFC and the proposed move to the new site.

There must be some sort of ‘understanding’ between the SB sports clubs and OUFC.

To put it crudely, support for the ‘triangle’ in exchange for future improvements to the facilities at SB.

Initially I thought that the current sports clubs who use SB would have been very frustrated with those who wished to stop the OUFC SB development, particularly because those same sports clubs were going to gain a great deal out of the project.

However it’s clear that OUFC have gained the trust and support of those current sports clubs who use SB, especially as the comments from the clubs since the OCC letter about the ‘triangle’ have been extremely positive towards OUFC and the proposed move to the new site.

There must be some sort of ‘understanding’ between the SB sports clubs and OUFC.

To put it crudely, support for the ‘triangle’ in exchange for future improvements to the facilities at SB.
If that's the case, why did the chap from the cricket club explicitly say they would 'support Oxford United still going Stratfield Brake'?

If that's the case, why did the chap from the cricket club explicitly say they would 'support Oxford United still going Stratfield Brake'?
Because for them it's still the best option, but the Triangle and upgraded facilities is still better than current state and no change.

I don’t know, but perhaps the cricket club support both SB and the triangle?

Genuine question, have the CC said they don’t support the triangle move?

I don’t know, but perhaps the cricket club support both SB and the triangle?

Genuine question, have the CC said they don’t support the triangle move?
I would say they support SB because thats getting them the new facilities.

so we set up a deal that says if we take the land youre on we will replace your facilities with equal or better ones. We then dont get that land and we are supposed to still give them their part of the deal? That makes no sense.

so we set up a deal that says if we take the land youre on we will replace your facilities with equal or better ones. We then dont get that land and we are supposed to still give them their part of the deal? That makes no sense.

Perhaps not.

But we will 100% have to contribute to the bettering of community infrastructure as part of this proposal. Why not help out those that sought to help us get what we wanted?

Worth asking at the Fans Forum next week but an answer may not be possible as I'd imagine it's confidential at this stage.

Also, what's with all the winking faces when any one mentions the plot of land south of The Triangle owned by Exeter College? What have I missed?!

anyone know who owns the north oxford golf club land? anything happening with that land?

Will it have enough space for the ice rink?

Oxford City Stars will be gutted if not.
Was the ice rink in the 'arena' shown on the plans ?--We have a thriving basketball club in Oxford with an NBL Div 2 team that could do with some proper facilities to suit ...it would be great if they could be in the same area as the ice hockey team ......you never know !

Perhaps not.

But we will 100% have to contribute to the bettering of community infrastructure as part of this proposal. Why not help out those that sought to help us get what we wanted?
One of our key arguments for getting a new Stadium on either of the sites is improved sporting facilities for the whole area.

From NextDoor, an update on the by election I triggered(!):

Screenshot_20221207_203024_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20221207_203047_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not that they are trying to anyway but do OUFC need influence on KPC now The lease-free Triangle is the preferred site? KPC have no decisions to make now as its OCC land and Cherwell DC will be the planning authority. OUFC need a good working relationship with KPC but not influence within now.

From NextDoor, an update on the by election I triggered(!):

View attachment 11135
View attachment 11136

Not that they are trying to anyway but do OUFC need influence on KPC now The lease-free Triangle is the preferred site? KPC have no decisions to make now as its OCC land and Cherwell DC will be the planning authority. OUFC need a good working relationship with KPC but not influence within now.
Margaret has a point though, how can they be independent unless they agree with her views and are against the stadium? 🤣

Was the ice rink in the 'arena' shown on the plans ?--We have a thriving basketball club in Oxford with an NBL Div 2 team that could do with some proper facilities to suit ...it would be great if they could be in the same area as the ice hockey team ......you never know !
I'd rather we support British sports not these North American games, next people will saying that a grid iron football team could share the stadium.

Basketball on ice? Sounds bloody awesome, I'd be up for watching that.

Kidlington Development Watch? How many nimby organisations trying to stop other people improving their lives does one village need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom