General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows what kind of supporters club will be on offer at the Triangle. Those wonderful days at the Manor clubhouse were days to remember, atmosphere absolutely buzzing on match days ,do u remember chaps !

I don't think parking will be a problem in 2026, the councils will pretty much have banned all cars from the county.

I don't think parking will be a problem in 2026, the councils will pretty much have banned all cars from the county.
Yep, it's quite ironic that the anti stadium Councillor and his FoSB friend that also happens to be a Green Party member, keep nurturing the fear of traffic and parking issues.

Completely out of sync with what the progressive alliance are trying to do in Oxford with all the anti car measures.

Yep, it's quite ironic that the anti stadium Councillor and his FoSB friend that also happens to be a Green Party member, keep nurturing the fear of traffic and parking issues.

Completely out of sync with what the progressive alliance are trying to do in Oxford with all the anti car measures.
But anti car isn’t working, the I’ll thought policies have only caused gridlock and by default are destroying confidence in the reliability of public transport .
The two you refer to, know that and will continue to beat the same drum- they are real issues in people’s minds .

Likewise. I'm moving to Westcot in the next few months having always been in Abingdon. It's further for me, however as an electric car owner I'd hope there would be an incentive for electric vehicles. Alternatively I would most likely make use of a similar bus service.

It makes sense for the club to offer these in as many surrounding towns as is physically possible.
The problem with that on their eyes albeit an electric car it’s still a car and you will clog up the A4260 and other side roads in Kidlington even though you won’t actually have to go into Kidlington to get to the ground.

Wow, your zoom quality is much higher than the other guy’s.

Nah, it was released a couple of weeks ago. Shows the creation of new publicly accessible green space at the point of the triangle thus increasing residents' access to nature. With the stadium at the bottom of the triangle it's as close to the train station as possible and as far away from the village as possible.

A win win win.

Still not really sure how they are proposing a few thousand people get safely from the station and park & ride car park to the Triangle?

If it's just a bridge only going over the Oxford Road, as shown, then surely it means major work to existing footpaths, especially where they are part of the existing bridge over the A34.
1e5b47ae5c264dac994cf5d82dbcab8c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom