• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to admit it’s a genuine concern.

The hundreds of 1980s football hooligans (and their f*****g offspring!) descending on gentrified Jericho and its delightful marina.
Just think of the mayhem they’ll cause on the canal network north of Kidlington.
Thrupp, Shipton on Cherwell, Lower Heyford, et al will all become no go hellholes on matchdays.

It’s a desperate situation we find ourselves in.
😂 Don't think so ,they would be to scared too get their trainers dirty along the boggy canal path

Reading the last few pages on this thread its clear to me the opposition think all football fans go to the pub before and after the game. It shows how out of touch they really are!

just need Grove train station to be re-opened now. Would make match days perfect for us OX12 lot [emoji16]

• Love
Reactions: m
Not sure if it still runs but a company did a regular service from Wigan to Old Trafford via canal on match days. From city centre to Kidlington is about 4 miles +1 lock so just over an hour each way on the canal. Hospitality package maybe? Enough time to eat have a drink or 2 Visitors would love it.

Get you fancy pants with your pre match drinks in Victors and The Alchemist, the Jericho Tavern is going to seem like slumming it when for some reason you are made to drink in there beforehand.
I do also drink in Four Candles William Morris or The Blackbird on a regular basis. Variety and all that!!

Not sure if it still runs but a company did a regular service from Wigan to Old Trafford via canal on match days. From city centre to Kidlington is about 4 miles +1 lock so just over an hour each way on the canal. Hospitality package maybe? Enough time to eat have a drink or 2 Visitors would love it.
They used to have a restaurant on a barge The Fair Rosamund. Don't think it is going anymore. To be fair the day I see a boat taking people to the football in Kidlington, I'll eat my hat....

good to hear

hopefully there will be a thread here on YF (OxVox section) , keeping us up to speed and inviting, when required, input from the fanbase?
Sorry i’m late to this but I think it’s important to point something out. It is almost impossible to monitor everything on the Forum. This is why we put together the Associate Membership. It is free and we will relay all stadium information to members there. It is so much easier to organise if we can email supporters directly. It just takes a couple of clicks. The added bonus is that it swells our numbers and gives us an even stronger voice with the council. I’d urge anyone who isn’t a member to join as a Full or Associate member.

Just like the emails, these numbers matter. Please spread this wide. Collectively we did an amazing job with the council but this is just the start of the process.

The main page with everything you need to become a member http://www.oxvox.org.uk/

A couple of clicks is all it takes. Join today!

Thanks all

So the walls of Jericho will come tumbling down. Why pick on Jericho, will score of fans start trying to use the canal to get to The Triangle? Nobody will go there unless they are visiting, unless Brasserie Blanc becomes the new Spoons experience for visiting football fans.
What next street vendors in Five MIle Drive!!
Not with the parking restrictions imposed there!

Sorry i’m late to this but I think it’s important to point something out. It is almost impossible to monitor everything on the Forum. This is why we put together the Associate Membership. It is free and we will relay all stadium information to members there. It is so much easier to organise if we can email supporters directly. It just takes a couple of clicks. The added bonus is that it swells our numbers and gives us an even stronger voice with the council. I’d urge anyone who isn’t a member to join as a Full or Associate member.

Just like the emails, these numbers matter. Please spread this wide. Collectively we did an amazing job with the council but this is just the start of the process.

The main page with everything you need to become a member http://www.oxvox.org.uk/

A couple of clicks is all it takes. Join today!

Thanks all
Signed up as an associate member the other day, thanks for all the work you have done so far Paul & well done for the speech before the council on Tuesday. You should be proud of yourself.

If you were going for a drink pre game anywhere in North Oxford surely it would be around the Summertown area

Wouldn't it be absolutely marvellous if M and S was replaced by a Wetherspoons, forget the anti stadium nimbys this would really give them something to complain about😀
The coop has closed down surely an ideal opportunity.

I trust that FOSB are now going to return all the money that was donated to stop the development at SB.

6c4b37910afb06b15505b671923a0edc.gif

Reading the last few pages on this thread its clear to me the opposition think all football fans go to the pub before and after the game. It shows how out of touch they really are!

Well quite.

Sometimes we go to the pub DURING the game, if we’re already 3-0 down by half-time.

Describing that bit of scrubland as a valuable resource for the local community - ridiculous

Claiming that local people already benefit from Oxford United's community programmes so what difference will it make if we move - ignores that Kidlington and all communities will lose that (and potential further programmes) when they drive us out of business for their precious gap.

Ignore the fact that their victory has left stratfield brake in the disgraceful and useless state that they and their allies in KPC keep it in despite spending 30% of the local budget on it.

Go on about local people needing consulting which they will be, have already been as if its not happened and will not happen.

It's the usual bullshit by the same selfish few who only care about some imaginary damage to the price of their house, nothing else going on in their sad little lives.

The coop has closed down surely an ideal opportunity.
WHAT!!!! A Wetherspoons in Summertown?? No chance the North Oxford brigade would be up in arms. You notice no Poundland, The Works, B&Ms, Home Bargains,& Iceland there. The nearest to Iceland, is Cook frozen foods, it's about £30 for a steak & kidney pie😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom