General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract from KPC chairs report December 2021, so Kidlington and GWE pay but are not majority of users. The sentence I have bolded is why the opponents are so keen to dismiss it, big achilles heel for them. Worth repeating to fellow kidlington residents when speaking to them about our proposal.

SB is owned by Oxford County Council (OCC), leased by Cherwell District Council (CDC), and sub-
leased by the Parish Council and Gosford and Water Eaton Council. It is now managed on a day-to-
day basis by CDC, but the Parish Council continues to contribute a very substantial operating subsidy.
Regular users of the sports ground include Kidlington Cricket Club, Gosford All Blacks Rugby Club,
Kidlington Running Club, Kidlington Youth Football Club. There is no doubt of SB’s importance for
sport in Kidlington, but the financial cost of supporting it is very high in relation to the number of
Kidlington users, moreover many of the users come from outside Kidlington.

Last edited:
The thing about some of the opposition's posts is that they are in no way 'sensible'
Of course they can disagree with the new Stadium. Of course they can lobby against it.
But put up some genuine sensible arguments against it ( with some facts thrown in) rather than some of the propaganda and nonsense posted to date.
And some of it before the actual detailed plans have been released.
It's actually really encouraging to see that the opposition is small and loony-sounding. There was never going to be zero opposition, but a large, focussed, well-funded group could have spelled trouble.
I spoke to a local politician the other day who fully expected it to go through this year.

More FoSB propaganda to read through

Attachments

• IMG-20220822-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220822-WA0001.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-20220822-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220822-WA0003.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-20220822-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220822-WA0002.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 64
out of interest @Joey's Left Boot and @Headley do either of you know if the person/s running and posting on the FoSB accounts is known (as in they he/she are known to FoSB group) or an anonymous individual/s posting on behalf of the FoSB opponents to the SB stadium project?

out of interest @Joey's Left Boot and @Headley do either of you know if the person/s running and posting on the FoSB accounts is known (as in they he/she are known to FoSB group) or an anonymous individual/s posting on behalf of the FoSB opponents to the SB stadium project?
I dont know for definite, I'm not on Facebook but have had their posts sent to me off it.

The twitter account is certainly worded like it's the same person posting each time which suggests it's a very small group with one person at the forefront so no doubt known to it's members.

My parents had a leaflet delivered by FoSB and we saw on the ring doorbell that it wasn't the prime suspect delivering it though, so there's more than one member😂

I dont know for definite, I'm not on Facebook but have had their posts sent to me off it.

The twitter account is certainly worded like it's the same person posting each time which suggests it's a very small group with one person at the forefront so no doubt known to it's members.

My parents had a leaflet delivered by FoSB and we saw on the ring doorbell that it wasn't the prime suspect delivering it though, so there's more than one member😂
Not that I live out there, but my suspicion is that it one , or at best a very small group, with a twitter/ official spokesperson providing all the spin .... cheers @Headley

No idea and its not really relevant in my opinion unless those involved in it are also involved in Kidlington Parish Council who promised to be open minded and therefore it would be inappropriate for them to be involved in such a group.

Wonder if this quote is from the lady who said lived in Blackbird Leys and had issues during the time we played at The Manor?!

Screenshot_20220824-124639_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone help me find the post on here that linked to a twitter post from someone who was at the KPC meeting where a lady said about living in BBL and having issues well before OUFC left the Manor?

Last edited:
It appears with FoSB, every day is sloe news day🤣🤣
Can anyone help me find the post on here that linked to a twitter post from someone who was at the KPC meeting where a lady said about living in BBL and having issued well before OUFC left?
It was actually a lady that spoke at the meeting about her experiences of living in New High Street in 2003🤣🤣🤣🤣

It appears with FoSB, every day is sloe news day🤣🤣

It was actually a lady that spoke at the meeting about her experiences of living in New High Street in 2003🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah, that was it. I think I'll take this unnamed quote with a pinch of salt.

And BBL had no social issues whatsoever until OUFC moved nearby....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom