General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
id like to think any, and all, OUFC supporters would contact their County Councillor asking the same questions ( etc)

@Horse ( I think?) posted a list a few pages back on this thread that lists all county councillors (and their email addresses)

to save searching , here it is again ...

Problem is @Sarge i live in Steventon and they won’t be interested more concerned in making Steventon railway bridge a single track and preventing the reservoir being approved

So today they were to decide if discussions with oufc over a land transfer would continue, they deferred as they need more info from oufc, current clubs on the land and to consult the population. Aren't they just jumping to the next step in the planning process anyways? Bit backwards but it wouldn't be the first time.

@OUSP Secretary can you confirm, that the club will have staff members/volunteers with ipad's at Saturday's 10,000 plus crowd, canvassing for signatures on the petition?

It would be absolute folly behavior to overlook Saturday's potential to get support for the new complex.
In fairness to @OUSP Secretary they have always offered help where needed but to put your mind at rest we were already deep into planning for Saturday before the meeting. These things take a little while to put together but permissions have been requested, leaflets designed and approved and petition preparations made. The OxVox stall will be based near the reception entrance (weather permitting) but we intend to be very mobile on the day. We will update with details shortly.

I realise many will be disappointed by aspects of the meeting but the club were well prepared for this and it was always going to be a long road. Calm and measured responses are required and we are engaging with councillors and stakeholders to make sure fans views are taken into account. We have been on calls and emails for some time now and have a number of meetings planned between now and Saturday. We will update members as soon as we are able but urge supporters to keep the push for signatures on the petition going on all forms of social media. We passed the link on to all councillors before the weekend and we would love to be able to boast 5,000 in the coming days.

Thanks for reading and if you want to join the fight please consider joining OxVox at oxvox.org.uk and adding your voice to the appeal. These are very early days and we as supporters are in for the long haul. COYY

So today they were to decide if discussions with oufc over a land transfer would continue, they deferred as they need more info from oufc, current clubs on the land and to consult the population. Aren't they just jumping to the next step in the planning process anyways? Bit backwards but it wouldn't be the first time.

It would appear this is how OUFC have taken the news:

We also appreciate the concerns raised by councillors, and reaffirm our commitment to ensuring our proposals genuinely serve the wider community and is an asset that the whole county can be proud of.

We were already committed to undertaking our own wide-reaching programme of community engagement and fully respect the council’s decision to bring this process forward.

We look forward to supporting and working with the County Council to undertake their four week engagement programme prior to a final decision being made.

Perhaps it might end up giving us a small consultation period than if they had simply said OK submit your plans.

In fairness to @OUSP Secretary they have always offered help where needed but to put your mind at rest we were already deep into planning for Saturday before the meeting. These things take a little while to put together but permissions have been requested, leaflets designed and approved and petition preparations made. The OxVox stall will be based near the reception entrance (weather permitting) but we intend to be very mobile on the day. We will update with details shortly.

I realise many will be disappointed by aspects of the meeting but the club were well prepared for this and it was always going to be a long road. Calm and measured responses are required and we are engaging with councillors and stakeholders to make sure fans views are taken into account. We have been on calls and emails for some time now and have a number of meetings planned between now and Saturday. We will update members as soon as we are able but urge supporters to keep the push for signatures on the petition going on all forms of social media. We passed the link on to all councillors before the weekend and we would love to be able to boast 5,000 in the coming days.

Thanks for reading and if you want to join the fight please consider joining OxVox at oxvox.org.uk and adding your voice to the appeal. These are very early days and we as supporters are in for the long haul. COYY

A couple of people outside each stand, someone by the away end. Let’s get thousands of signatures

Any member of the public can request to speak at a cabinet meeting - you just have to ask. Mr Hill was not the only one
Screenshot_20220118-171847_OneDrive.jpg

According to radox, a public consultation will be available for comment from Jan 25th

I think we all need to do this when it opens, the opposition certainly will do so we need to outnumber them.

Some suggested wording from OxVox and OUSP would be great for those that may struggle to articulate themselves.

It also feels like we should address their concerns regarding the expertise of the board - do we have elevator pitches for the board anywhere @OxVox @OUSP Secretary ? Can they be drafted by the 25th for us to use if not?

Problem is @Sarge i live in Steventon and they won’t be interested more concerned in making Steventon railway bridge a single track and preventing the reservoir being approved
If there's a(n Oxon) County Councillor representing Steventon,* you are one of his or her constituents- so write them an email re |Stratfield brake, asking WHY Mr Hill was invited to today's Cabinet meeting to speak against the potential new development, yet no-one from OUFC was invited to speak in favour of OUFC relocating to Stratfield Brake,... also maybe ask if YOUR county Councillor supports OUFC in their relocation plans, and point out you are an OUFC supporter, and also a constituent of his/hers ? ....... though maybe get Mrs bazzer to check for typos etc before pressing send perhaps ?

* I'm guessing its the county councillor for Abingdon South (?) as Steventon is 4 miles or so south of Abingdon, though I'm not aux fait with constituency boundaries in your neck of the woods, so best to check to be sure

If there's a(n Oxon) County Councillor representing Steventon,* you are one of his or her constituents- so write them an email re |Stratfield brake, asking WHY Mr Hill was invited to today's Cabinet meeting to speak against the potential new development, yet no-one from OUFC was invited to speak in favour of OUFC relocating to Stratfield Brake,... also maybe ask if YOUR county Councillor supports OUFC in their relocation plans, and point out you are an OUFC supporter, and also a constituent of his/hers ? ....... though maybe get Mrs bazzer to check for typos etc before pressing send perhaps ?

* I'm guessing its the county councillor for Abingdon South (?) as Steventon is 4 miles or so south of Abingdon, though I'm not aux fait with constituency boundaries in your neck of the woods, so best to check to be sure
I think we come under the wattage district as our MP is ours

So why weren’t there any more councillors putting themselves forward to speak?
I will write and you are correct it is covered by Abingdon the problem is it’s Mathew Barber and I doubt knowing what he’s like having attended parish council meeting so I can gather what his reply will be…….not bloody helpful.

I will write and you are correct it is covered by Abingdon the problem is it’s Mathew Barber and I doubt knowing what he’s like having attended parish council meeting so I can gather what his reply will be…….not bloody helpful.

Still worth writing to him and getting your view across. Try and get as many of those in favour of the development to write to him as well.

If this falls at the first hurdle do we have other location options? I know it has been identified as the best site but if it’s simply too difficult to get past the nimbys surely we should have a plan b and c.

It’s worrying that this once in a lifetime opportunity (for the club, city and county) this hugely exciting plan could be dead in the water (if the backers walk away).

if he gets a number letters /emails in favour/ support of the subject, he really needs to take notice of his constituents.... they can vote him out come election time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom