General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Cherwell District Council area but not Kidlington. I'll be voting Conservative as emails I've swapped with Conservative councillors suggest they are supportive and eventually CDC will have to make a planning decision so it feels like the more Conservative councillors the better for OUFC's future.

Well
After looking at the Governments proposals in the Queens Speech yesterday it seems that local people will have a far bigger say in new building proposals.
Seems our task to build the new stadium at SB got a whole lot harder

Well
After looking at the Governments proposals in the Queens Speech yesterday it seems that local people will have a far bigger say in new building proposals.
Hmmm... not sure this will extend beyond a say on housing....but who knows what the flip Gove might mean....I'm not sure even he knows most of the time!

The changes in the Queen's speach talk about neighbourhoods having a vote over house extensions. There is no change to the target for houses built (not that the target has ever been met).

Well
Can't find much on this just this article which suggests streets can vote on neighbours extensions. Doesn't say if local referendums would be held on non-housing proposals. Seems crazy to me, decision made by committee take far too long to be made.

Can't find much on this just this article which suggests streets can vote on neighbours extensions. Doesn't say if local referendums would be held on non-housing proposals. Seems crazy to me, decision made by committee take far too long to be made.

And cause ill feeling where applications are refused and people still need to live near each other

When we wanted an extension built on our end-terrace some twenty odd years ago, the chap that came round to design and submit the plans asked us how we got on with our neighbours.

I regularly went for a beer with the guy next door and we would "fiddle" with cars together and Mrs O knew most of the women in the immediate surroundings, so we said "Absolutely great, no problems there"

"That'll change once they're notified of your planning application" he replied - and he wasn't wrong....

Well
I’d suspect the Queens Speech proposals are irrelevant to SB.

A long long time before an application is made. Things can change. By the way shouldn't we be hearing something from our board following the elections?

A long long time before an application is made. Things can change. By the way shouldn't we be hearing something from our board following the elections?
End of the year is the target.

That's about 7 months, I don't call that a long long time. But then again, I don't just throw random negative nonsense out there with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom