General New kit 2022/23

Well if you don’t like the wild guesses and supposition, why don’t you do something about it and stop reading it?

Moron.
Moron 😉
Oh dear, it seems we have to make room on the playground for one more petulant name calling child.
I stopped reading every page of this batshit thread once it was obvious that there wasn’t a date for the new kit to be launched. Unfortunately having then seen pages and pages of the thread had developed I then read through expecting there’d been news about the kit launch…..
Wake me in fifty pages time.

Moron 😉
Oh dear, it seems we have to make room on the playground for one more petulant name calling child.
I stopped reading every page of this batshit thread once it was obvious that there wasn’t a date for the new kit to be launched. Unfortunately having then seen pages and pages of the thread had developed I then read through expecting there’d been news about the kit launch…..
Wake me in fifty pages time.

Really, do we have to wake you at all?

You offer nothing to the debate amongst genuine supporters asking valid questions on a FORUM. You wish to belittle or condemn those that dare question the status quo. Quite what gives you the right to tell people that their opinions and concerns over the very marketing and income opportunities aren’t valid, is beyond me!

I don’t know how much an early release would hamper sales against a later release. I am convinced that a good shirt alongside a well coordinated release would definitely be helpful. In the past it has been on an open day which likely helps. No idea what sort of difference that would translate as.

As a guideline, when the club had the League Two promotion shirt (no manufacturer) these were sourced by a ‘middle man’ and the cost was really competitive (if I recall it was about £8 per kit from memory) and retailed at £40, ish? I would gather that shirt was much more profitable than what the club would find elsewhere.
Thanks for response.

Just as a point of interest, I thought that kit was Starter though, no? I’m pretty sure they had the logo on in the JPT final.

Really, do we have to wake you at all?

You offer nothing to the debate amongst genuine supporters asking valid questions on a FORUM. You wish to belittle or condemn those that dare question the status quo. Quite what gives you the right to tell people that their opinions and concerns over the very marketing and income opportunities aren’t valid, is beyond me!
What debate? It’s constant sniping, moaning and criticism about the club but very little in the way of anyone doing anything about it. It’s just hot air, not debate.

many of us on this thread have commented on how things could be improved or considered (see SE’s post today!).

However, why shouldn’t the club be questioned on the release of the kit - arguably their second biggest income stream after ST sales from non commercial supporters? Why should the club continue to be lacklustre in their marketing and promotional activities - including season tickets? Why should supporters (who are the life blood and stakeholders of our club btw!) just accept the standards that have been and continue to be set by the marketing arm of the football club?

Perhaps you’re someone who has blind faith. If so, that’s great! That said, I’d urge you to wake up, as this summers marketing and planning has been P**s poor (again!)

I can assure you we have been, and continue to be, in very regular contact with Niall regarding marketing and it's lack of fan (customer?) focus.
In respect of kits, stock was in fact ordered several months ahead, but it has been complicated by the change of supplier and sponsor. Realistically it won't make much difference to sales - a supporter will buy a shirt on 1st July or 31st July, and won't buy more just because they are available earlier. It's really frustrating for us fans but not the commercial disaster being presented.
We aren't the only ones not to have launched kits yet - discussion with other league 1 teams show several have not yet released their kits and a couple only released the kit this week because photos were leaked.
( E.g Cheltenham reveal is due on 15h July, Plymouth and Charlton only revealed this week, Pompey not yet released and no date given but apparently due in on 21st July).

I had hoped to see the new kit this evening v. Oxford City, but it's not the end of the world to have to wait.
Politely disagree. People wear tshirts during the summer. By the 31st July half of the summer has already passed. Having people walking around in a fancy new kit from the start of July will publicise the kit and the club, and likely increase sales (even if by a small amount) of shirts and/or tickets when the season comes around. Once autumn approaches the shirts will generally be covered by jumpers or jackets other than on match days. It's simple marketing, and a consistent oversight from the club, who seem to leave it far later than most other clubs, season after season.

What debate? It’s constant sniping, moaning and criticism about the club but very little in the way of anyone doing anything about it. It’s just hot air, not debate.

If you think that I am constantly sniping, moaning or criticising the club then the rest of this board will be extremely depressing for you!!

I think that the club are doing brilliant things in the community, with our youth development and behind the scenes with the stadium project. I believe that Robinson is not given the respect that he deserves by some, and I have every confidence that we'll bring the right players in this summer.

However, when it comes to marketing and promotional work, and sometimes the communication that goes with that, I feel that the club is badly let down. The season ticket launch was too little, too late. As has been mentioned endlessly, we had the 1000 ticket update, the 2000 ticket update and then nothing since. I still don't think that we're doing enough to promote the payment plans that means that a season ticket can be covered by (effetcively) a monthly subscription. I don't think that we've done enough to look at family packages and adding value at zero or limited cost to the club. For example, I would like to see that every junior season ticket holder is given the opportunity to be part of the flag waving kids as the players come out, with a draw to give many the chance of being a mascot too. And I would also like us to look at innovative ideas to widen the social media reach of the club. An easy example would be to look at having themed games (new shirt, old shirt, wear a hat, bring a scarf, fancy dress etc) and to post photos on to social media with the club tagged into them. If 1000 fans post an image, and they all have 500 social media "friends" then potentially 1/2 a million people could get to see images directly linked to the club.

And, on top of all of that, we have the issue with the kit. We have had a couple of explanations from posters that I trust. One has said taht there were issues with the final product that needed changing, the other that there was a delay with finding a sponsor. Both are valid, but both could have been avoided if we had looked to get on top of the matter at the earliest possible opportunity.

A few weeks delay is not the end of the world but it is sloppy and a missed opportunity. Next summer we will hopefully ne heading into the championship and we have to be seriously looking at maximising every opportunity to get our marketing absolutely spot on. I would already be looking at planning pretty much every day from the last home game of this season until the opening day of the 23/24 season to make sure that no opportiunity is overlooked. I actually think that the OUSP is a really good initiative to help link the fans with the club, and wouldn't target them for any negativity for one post alone. However, like the Halifax guy the other day saying that people can close their accounts if they're not happy, I do think on this occasion the @OUSP Secretary has misjudged the comments from some of us who really do mean well when we say that things could be better.

Let's see what the next few weeks bring, but I remain open to the opportunity for us all to work collectively to get things right, but that can only happen if those involved recognise that we have got things wrong this time around.

I actually think that the OUSP is a really good initiative to help link the fans with the club, and wouldn't target them for any negativity for one post alone. However, like the Halifax guy the other day saying that people can close their accounts if they're not happy, I do think on this occasion the @OUSP Secretary has misjudged the comments from some of us who really do mean well when we say that things could be better.
1656834329952.png

:)

many of us on this thread have commented on how things could be improved or considered (see SE’s post today!).

However, why shouldn’t the club be questioned on the release of the kit - arguably their second biggest income stream after ST sales from non commercial supporters? Why should the club continue to be lacklustre in their marketing and promotional activities - including season tickets? Why should supporters (who are the life blood and stakeholders of our club btw!) just accept the standards that have been and continue to be set by the marketing arm of the football club?

Perhaps you’re someone who has blind faith. If so, that’s great! That said, I’d urge you to wake up, as this summers marketing and planning has been P**s poor (again!)
I don’t have blind faith but I trust that those who are responsible for marketing know what they are doing, because I don’t. So if it does in fact turn out to be complete balls up of a kit release then I’ll direct my feedback to those that can make change rather than throwing my views and opinions around on a forum, or leave it to those who know the business better than me.

If you think that I am constantly sniping, moaning or criticising the club then the rest of this board will be extremely depressing for you!!

I think that the club are doing brilliant things in the community, with our youth development and behind the scenes with the stadium project. I believe that Robinson is not given the respect that he deserves by some, and I have every confidence that we'll bring the right players in this summer.

However, when it comes to marketing and promotional work, and sometimes the communication that goes with that, I feel that the club is badly let down. The season ticket launch was too little, too late. As has been mentioned endlessly, we had the 1000 ticket update, the 2000 ticket update and then nothing since. I still don't think that we're doing enough to promote the payment plans that means that a season ticket can be covered by (effetcively) a monthly subscription. I don't think that we've done enough to look at family packages and adding value at zero or limited cost to the club. For example, I would like to see that every junior season ticket holder is given the opportunity to be part of the flag waving kids as the players come out, with a draw to give many the chance of being a mascot too. And I would also like us to look at innovative ideas to widen the social media reach of the club. An easy example would be to look at having themed games (new shirt, old shirt, wear a hat, bring a scarf, fancy dress etc) and to post photos on to social media with the club tagged into them. If 1000 fans post an image, and they all have 500 social media "friends" then potentially 1/2 a million people could get to see images directly linked to the club.

And, on top of all of that, we have the issue with the kit. We have had a couple of explanations from posters that I trust. One has said taht there were issues with the final product that needed changing, the other that there was a delay with finding a sponsor. Both are valid, but both could have been avoided if we had looked to get on top of the matter at the earliest possible opportunity.

A few weeks delay is not the end of the world but it is sloppy and a missed opportunity. Next summer we will hopefully ne heading into the championship and we have to be seriously looking at maximising every opportunity to get our marketing absolutely spot on. I would already be looking at planning pretty much every day from the last home game of this season until the opening day of the 23/24 season to make sure that no opportiunity is overlooked. I actually think that the OUSP is a really good initiative to help link the fans with the club, and wouldn't target them for any negativity for one post alone. However, like the Halifax guy the other day saying that people can close their accounts if they're not happy, I do think on this occasion the @OUSP Secretary has misjudged the comments from some of us who really do mean well when we say that things could be better.

Let's see what the next few weeks bring, but I remain open to the opportunity for us all to work collectively to get things right, but that can only happen if those involved recognise that we have got things wrong this time around.
A lot of apparently valid ideas and opinions, are you talking on behalf of the club, the forum, both or neither?

I don’t have blind faith but I trust that those who are responsible for marketing know what they are doing, because I don’t. So if it does in fact turn out to be complete balls up of a kit release then I’ll direct my feedback to those that can make change rather than throwing my views and opinions around on a forum, or leave it to those who know the business better than me.
Well, it has been, obviously.

A lot of apparently valid ideas and opinions, are you talking on behalf of the club, the forum, both or neither?
It surprises many, but I only ever talk on behalf of myself. I have no experience of marketing but I am creative and see what others do and wonder why we don't seem to do the same.

It surprises many, but I only ever talk on behalf of myself. I have no experience of marketing but I am creative and see what others do and wonder why we don't seem to do the same.
I understand that, and as long as someone with direct lines of communication to the club can see past the serial moaners and is or will collate all the valid opinions and ideas on this forum and will be feeding them back to the club then this forum will certainly have proved it’s worth. I’m not going to trawl every post so accept this might be happening already.

I understand that, and as long as someone with direct lines of communication to the club can see past the serial moaners and is or will collate all the valid opinions and ideas on this forum and will be feeding them back to the club then this forum will certainly have proved it’s worth. I’m not going to trawl every post so accept this might be happening already.

See the post in "Supporters Panel" where they said they don`t want to discuss with us plebs on any social platforms, those very things that the majority use these days.

We can but hope @OUSP Secretary is making copious notes, quietly, without discussing with us and then they can wrap it up as "their" idea and blow their trumpets.

Think they need to put on the big pants and actually discuss with us, the fan base they purport to represent.

It's absolutely essential that the shirts are available in time for the Coventry game on the 16th. This is a really important revenue stream that gets people into the club shop too. If we don't get them out in time for the home friendlies then people may be less inclined to buy them especially if we only get 4 home games of appropriate weather before Xmas and people don't want to be faffing around getting changed at the ground of the first league game. I've always worn the new shirt out and about now and then in July previous also.

The away and third shirt sales last year are perfect evidence that not releasing shirts in reasonable time will dramatically impact overall sales. There were many pre-orders cancelled and not many people who did that reverted to buying the home one as an alternative. They eventually dropped on September 9th and the initial uptake was not good despite both shirts being visually excellent.

See the post in "Supporters Panel" where they said they don`t want to discuss with us plebs on any social platforms, those very things that the majority use these days.

We can but hope @OUSP Secretary is making copious notes, quietly, without discussing with us and then they can wrap it up as "their" idea and blow their trumpets.

Think they need to put on the big pants and actually discuss with us, the fan base they purport to represent.
I must have missed that post, that’s a huge mistake if no one from OUSP is willing to publicly engage with such a vast array of views and opinions on any social platform. Tell me that’s not true @OUSP Secretary .

I must have missed that post, that’s a huge mistake if no one from OUSP is willing to publicly engage with such a vast array of views and opinions on any social platform. Tell me that’s not true @OUSP Secretary .

There you go: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/not-entering-into-discussions.6599/#post-554995

It was referring to their own minutes. Here: https://www.oufc.co.uk/contentasset...547d88a15c78/ousp-minutes-29-october-2021.pdf

"Social media – whilst we wish to be contactable and accessible there are many wellknown pitfalls of social media. OUSP Twitter and Yellows Forum (YF) accounts are to be used in general to signpost/act as noticeboard not to enter into discussions. Panel represents all fans and so members should bear that in mind in social media posts."

There you go: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/not-entering-into-discussions.6599/#post-554995

It was referring to their own minutes. Here: https://www.oufc.co.uk/contentasset...547d88a15c78/ousp-minutes-29-october-2021.pdf

"Social media – whilst we wish to be contactable and accessible there are many wellknown pitfalls of social media. OUSP Twitter and Yellows Forum (YF) accounts are to be used in general to signpost/act as noticeboard not to enter into discussions. Panel represents all fans and so members should bear that in mind in social media posts."

Tbf, just looking at this place could you imagine where those discussions would go? Twitter would be far, far worse. Also, they do discuss on this forum tbf, certainly to a pont. I'm sure they engage in 1 on 1 communications.

Tbf, just looking at this place could you imagine where those discussions would go? Twitter would be far, far worse. Also, they do discuss on this forum tbf, certainly to a pont. I'm sure they engage in 1 on 1 communications.
‘Discussions‘ on here would only need to extend to the point of clarifying / confirming information within a post by direct messaging to the poster; that would suffice. It’s a good thing if this happens already. As for Twitter, that’s for someone else to comment on.

Back
Top Bottom