Ex Player Nathan Holland

Against the grain but Newcastle goal aside, I thought he was pretty poor during his last spell. Not as quick as I thought he would be, struggled to beat a man and struggled physically. However, he was young and inexperienced then and I really hope he reaches his potential this time and good luck to him.

Against the grain but Newcastle goal aside, I thought he was pretty poor during his last spell. Not as quick as I thought he would be, struggled to beat a man and struggled physically. However, he was young and inexperienced then and I really hope he reaches his potential this time and good luck to him.
He was a player that excited me, unlike Barker who frustrated the life out of me. I remember him being pretty rapid , but I could be wrong.

Seriously - he should be playing at a far higher level than us - quality move

I do think we will be seeing a few of those performances this time around. He’s still inexperienced and hasn’t had a lot of football in those legs. It’s why he’s dropped to League 1 level for a full season after all.

Nevertheless he did show some definite ability here and has a turn of pace.

I still think we need some brawn in the middle of the pitch a la Blackpool of last season. We matched them ability wise - they thumped us on dark arts and physicality. Holland offers pace and trickery but not the physical side.

As you say, he was young and a bit slight. From memory he was getting better and better before the season-ending injury (just like Woodburn) so I am hoping for exciting things to come.

Caveat: from memory means I've probably got this as wrong as my impression of the number of years we were in the 1st Div and the Conf ;)

As you say, he was young and a bit slight. From memory he was getting better and better before the season-ending injury (just like Woodburn) so I am hoping for exciting things to come.

Caveat: from memory means I've probably got this as wrong as my impression of the number of years we were in the 1st Div and the Conf ;)
He wasn’t Whyte level brilliant but I’d hope that with a bit more maturity and West Ham coaching he’s improved, this could be a really fun season.

Seriously - he should be playing at a far higher level than us - quality move
Well for whatever reason he isn't playing higher up, most likely because clubs at a far higher level don't feel the same as you. It was just my honest view of his performances last time. He obviously has potential and like I said good luck to him. I hope he does really well.

Well for whatever reason he isn't playing higher up, most likely because clubs at a far higher level don't feel the same as you. It was just my honest view of his performances last time. He obviously has potential and like I said good luck to him. I hope he does really well.
Like many young wide players, he was very in and out. But with the addition of another year, a bit more experience and seemingly feeling settled as soon as he arrived, you'd hope to see more consistency.

Fully agree on Pekalski. The way he spoke publicly about him in an interview, after a game was nothing short of shameful. Saying he'd have to learn to kick a ball before being considered for the first team squad, amongst other things.
I trained in the same gym as Pekalski during his rehab, we chatted at length quite a few times, spotted him now and then.
Really nice guy but very shy and softly spoken. Gave me the impression he was very unsure of himself. I actually thought Jesus is this guy a professional footballer! He’s softer than wilted lettuce.
I think he was signed by Pep and just goes to show how bad he was.
I just the opposite sort of character to KR. Clearly the sort of lad who needed help at a new club in a new country and injured. When I heard the comments from KR I knew he’d never play for us. He needed an arm around the shoulder not a kick up the a**e.

Seems to have played his way into the starting 11, with some impressive performances this season.

What do people think of Holland on here? I think he definitely has something about him, or West Ham wouldn't have kept him for so long. Is League One his level or does he have potential to play at a higher standard one day?

Back
Top Bottom