Ex Player Nathan Holland

Struggling to accept the criticism of Holland. In the main he’s been great, especially at home. Improved since his last spell and plenty more room for growth.

Yes he’s still inconsistent and drifts in and out of the game, but opposition managers much dread playing against him because of his dribbling ability.

Really hope we can get him here permanently so that we can benefit from the player he will become.

He’s a luxury player, at present. Doesn't do enough out of possession and when in it, is sporadic with his effectiveness. For me, I’m having Sykes over Holland on the left every day of the week.
Haven’t checked the stats but I thinkHolland has more assists. They’re both good and offer different things.

I don't think Sykes is the answer on the left. He never seems to have the same impact on that side. Sykes and Whyte competing on the right is fine, but we do need another option to Holland on the left. I thought Bodin would be that player but he's not made much of an impression.
Adding someone to the left would be on my target list (behind a striker and left back!) Nicky Cadden or Marcus Browne would be incredible if the club are reading this!!

I don't think Sykes is the answer on the left. He never seems to have the same impact on that side. Sykes and Whyte competing on the right is fine, but we do need another option to Holland on the left. I thought Bodin would be that player but he's not made much of an impression.
Adding someone to the left would be on my target list (behind a striker and left back!) Nicky Cadden or Marcus Browne would be incredible if the club are reading this!!

I suggested NC in another thread. Don’t rule it out

I'd take Browne back for sure, no question.

I suggested NC in another thread. Don’t rule it out
I know how close we were to getting him in the summer. Unfortunately I think he'll see the season out at FGR but would be very happy if I'm wrong.

He’s a luxury player, at present. Doesn't do enough out of possession and when in it, is sporadic with his effectiveness. For me, I’m having Sykes over Holland on the left every day of the week.
Haven’t we got an option on Holland on Janusary? And hasnt Sykes still to sign a contractn( although I may have missed something there.)

Haven’t we got an option on Holland on Janusary? And hasnt Sykes still to sign a contractn( although I may have missed something there.)
Sykes and Moore still to agree contract offers put to them. Holland is out of contract in the summer so we may agree a deal, but guess it makes sense to hold off until the summer unless it works for all parties.

Sykes and Moore still to agree contract offers put to them. Holland is out of contract in the summer so we may agree a deal, but guess it makes sense to hold off until the summer unless it works for all parties.
If it was down to me (as @stokeu thinks it should be) I would probably offer Holland a deal if he was out of contract. I think as others have said on here it's a fair comment he doesn't have great pace but he is quite a "classy" player on the ball who can create.

He had to resettle into the side, he had to get back up to fitness. He has played well in a lot of recent games, despite the chap behind me in the NS who was abusing him and his performances vs Fleetwood. He is a superb player who will get better the more he plays.

We couldn’t have Kane and Barker in the same team.

I mean it would work from a footballing point of view but we can’t have two guys who are in their mid twenties but look in their mid forties in the side, can we?

We couldn’t have Kane and Barker in the same team.

I mean it would work from a footballing point of view but we can’t have two guys who are in their mid twenties but look in their mid forties in the side, can we?
Barker only looked 35 whereas Herbie could pass himself off as a 50year old whos kept himself in good shape

I thought Barker was one of the classiest players we've had in a long time. I seem to remember he wasn't that popular, but when he played we won more matches.
Get the ball to his feet and watch him run. But apart from that, there's not much else. He just didn't do enough out of possession, in stark contrast to Shodipo. I remember in the first leg vs Blackpool he made one or two runs in the first 10-15 minutes but was completely missing for the rest of the game.

If Karl was desperate to sign him we would have (he's not featured at all for Rangers this season), and we all know how much he likes his wingers. I think that, out of everything, speaks volumes.

Get the ball to his feet and watch him run. But apart from that, there's not much else. He just didn't do enough out of possession, in stark contrast to Shodipo. I remember in the first leg vs Blackpool he made one or two runs in the first 10-15 minutes but was completely missing for the rest of the game.

If Karl was desperate to sign him we would have (he's not featured at all for Rangers this season), and we all know how much he likes his wingers. I think that, out of everything, speaks volumes.
No Shodipo hasn’t featured for Rangers, he’s on loan to Sheffield Wednesday

I wasn't impressed with Barker, sure he had a bit of flair. But 95% of the time he played the me me me type game and just dribbled forward a little bit and lost the ball.

Back
Top Bottom