Current Player Marcus Browne

If we hadn't have signed so many injury prone players we could afford to have a Marcus browne the problem is we don't just have 1 player like him (injury prone) half of our team currently are it's just bad management I hope Browne gets fit and can play again because he's a good lad and this is his lively hood

Yes we would, but we don’t have the medical evidence to decide how much of a risk it would be. Also balanced with the risks we have taken with a few other players. I think we’ve taken too many risks IMO and it will probably cost KR his job at the end of the season
End of the season?

If results don’t improve soon and if we’re bottom half by December I would get someone new in then. That would give them time to assess the situation before the transfer window.

If in the other hand we are starting to turn things around in October and November and the side is better balanced and we have a fit squad he may well last and we may make a late run for the playoffs. If we fail to go up then it is time for a change

End of the season?

If results don’t improve soon and if we’re bottom half by December I would get someone new in then. That would give them time to assess the situation before the transfer window.

If in the other hand we are starting to turn things around in October and November and the side is better balanced and we have a fit squad he may well last and we may make a late run for the playoffs. If we fail to go up then it is time for a change

Yeah think I meant to say by the end of season he wont be in charge, whenever that happens between now and then

If we hadn't have signed so many injury prone players we could afford to have a Marcus browne the problem is we don't just have 1 player like him (injury prone) half of our team currently are it's just bad management I hope Browne gets fit and can play again because he's a good lad and this is his lively hood
I agree with this - Robbo seems to think he’s stumbled on a great recruitment policy by bringing in players that on paper are too good for this division but on grass are invariably injured. A huge chunk of our budget is lost on players that give us 5-10 games a season.

This is not a knee-jerk (excuse the pun) reaction to another bad start to a season, but if I was the owners of the club and consistently had my money thrown away on liabilities rather than assets, I’d seriously be considering a change in approach.

I think people are finally starting to see the truth. That Robinson has completely dropped the ball with his recruitment. He’s gone for a high risk strategy that has backfired with these talented but injury prone players. It’s a shame, cos I was looking forward to this season but I can’t see us getting anywhere close to playoffs.

Whilst we may have an interest in knowing, the lad himself has to deal with this, supported by the medics & the club.

That will take some time for him and them to process. It could be anything from a bit of physio to career-ending.

The phrase is "give him some space" and we will find out in due course.

It's right that the club deal with this internally with Marcus and his family before making a public announcement
The results of the scan would have been known last night but they will need to be sent to the surgeon who repaired his ACL for his opinion

6 months at least.

That’s what I’ve heard, but I hope that’s wrong!!!

His previous ACL injury was in a game on 9th January 2021. His next game was off the bench for us on 26th February 2022 (the Joey Cambridge game).

Let's all just hope and pray for the lad that the scans show it's something less serious this time. Cos otherwise it would take some incredible determination to come back from that again.......

Back
Top Bottom