General Local Elections and the New Stadium

Trouble is many people generally are angry at the Tories at the moment and whilst many of them aren’t likely to vote Labour they are likely to vote Green/ Independent/ Lib Dem so unfortunately I don’t think that helps our case this particular election

But I would urge anyone to vote against their principals just this once, if I were in Kidlington I would vote for our club even though it would probably make me physically sick to vote Tory

Trouble is many people generally are angry at the Tories at the moment and whilst many of them aren’t likely to vote Labour they are likely to vote Green/ Independent/ Lib Dem so unfortunately I don’t think that helps our case this particular election

But I would urge anyone to vote against their principals just this once, if I were in Kidlington I would vote for our club even though it would probably make me physically sick to vote Tory
my sister (and her partner) will be metaphorically holding their noses on local election polling day in Kidlington East

You are right but both the party’s and the media will use these elections as a barometer of how well or badly they are doing. This will be a confidence vote from the country on Boris like it or not.
Before Essex says anything sadly yes I do think the country will give the lying cheating moron the benefit of the doubt. Not because he’s any good but because the Labour Party keeps punching itself in the face.
The Tories will get a very bloody nose
Hopefully not in Kidlington though ( as the new ground could decide whether oufc survives or not)

I'm sorry but I can't vote conservative or labour it's independent for me in littlemore the rest as they say can go fxxk themselves

I’m just trying to work out which party/voters to blame if we don’t get our spangly new stadium.

Looking forward to that thread 🤪

I dont think any of the Oxford city council election results will have much if any bearing on Stratfield Brake progression

.... as (for now) its Oxon county council who OUFC are dealing with,

then , if all goes as it should , its Cherwell District Council with go head to head with OUFC... Kidlington East and Kidlington east are among the (key) seats being contested on Thursday for Cherwell District council,...... it is the Cherwell District council elections that may have an effect on the move to Stratfield Brake

My view is always that the more local the seat, the less party affiliation should matter.

I've never voted Conservative in a General or European election, and I doubt I ever will (assuming I ever vote in a UK election again! May be more appropriate to replace Conservative with Republican........), but I have in the past split my vote and voted for a Conservative councillor in my area if they've been doing a good job of representing their constituents and providing services, and they seem like decent, rational human beings.

At the local level, a vote for Nigel Simpson is a vote for Nigel Simpson.....not Boris Johnson.

Just to try to keep this on track.

Every vote is a vote for Nigel Simpson and OUFC's new stadium, NOT for Boris Johnson or the Conservatives of Westminster.

I don't live in the area and have never voted Conservative, but if I did live in Kidlington East it would be an absolute no brainer to change my vote for this one specific occasion.

How come there is an election for Kidlington east? Did someone step down?

Nothing here for me to vote on in Abingdon.

Every vote is a vote for Nigel Simpson and OUFC's new stadium, NOT for Boris Johnson or the Conservatives of Westminster.

I don't live in the area and have never voted Conservative, but if I did live in Kidlington East it would be an absolute no brainer to change my vote for this one specific occasion.

I didn't know Nigel, buy having looked him up today he is someone that I recognise from football. He has also helped raise £100k for Kidlingtons Children's hub and helps with food bank deliveries, and comes across as a decent guy (for a Tory!)

I was talking to someone from the club at the weekend and whilst they remain confident with the new build, they said that this will not be something the club can do on their own. They need everyone of us to lobby our local representatives and show how strong local support is.

Rather than trying to change the minds of those elected, why not elect those already in favour? Getting out in numbers to support Nigel is one of many things that we can do to get the stadium through planning and, ultimately, secure our future.

A vote for Nigel is a vote for Oxford United.

I dont think any of the Oxford city council election results will have much if any bearing on Stratfield Brake progression

.... as (for now) its Oxon county council who OUFC are dealing with,

then , if all goes as it should , its Cherwell District Council with go head to head with OUFC... Kidlington East and Kidlington east are among the (key) seats being contested on Thursday for Cherwell District council,...... it is the Cherwell District council elections that may have an effect on the move to Stratfield Brake
Would voting in a Cherwell area have any impact at this stage? Obviously at this stage, you’d be looking at many candidates from different wards.

How come there is an election for Kidlington east? Did someone step down?

Nothing here for me to vote on in Abingdon.
No elections here in Abingdon this time round.
I think the County is split as to when they are held so we get to vote next year

Totally agree with this, anyone voting in this ward in Kidlington get your family and friends to vote for the good of OUFC

Sometimes you have to do things that you really don’t want to do !
Vote Simpson , vote Oxford United

Would voting in a Cherwell area have any impact at this stage? Obviously at this stage, you’d be looking at many candidates from different wards.
At this present time, the Conservatives hold a majority in CDC. They are the planning authority which will have the initial say on the stadium. The opinions expressed so far, have been pro OUFC however, should the Green party gain a bigger voice within the council, opinions may change.

Back
Top Bottom