Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I may be naive, but I’ve always hoped that managers will deal with the lure of greater pay in a more pragmatic way than players. A manager’s career can be 50 years - they don’t need to make hay while the sun shines like a player who is limited to 15-20 years as a full time pro.
I still don’t understand his long-term logic. We are on an upward trajectory, both on and off the field (no matter what some on here might say). Bristol only provides an opportunity for stagnation. They’re nowhere near the league of Leicester, Ipswich, Coventry. Maybe there wasn’t any long-term logic.

I may be naive, but I’ve always hoped that managers will deal with the lure of greater pay in a more pragmatic way than players. A manager’s career can be 50 years - they don’t need to make hay while the sun shines like a player who is limited to 15-20 years as a full time pro.
I still don’t understand his long-term logic. We are on an upward trajectory, both on and off the field (no matter what some on here might say). Bristol only provides an opportunity for stagnation. They’re nowhere near the league of Leicester, Ipswich, Coventry. Maybe there wasn’t any long-term logic.
He's been very foolish imo. If he'd got us in the Playoffs, he'd have been in the frame for much bigger jobs than Bristol City. Exactly the type of clubs you've listed. Plus WBA, Forest and so on. Seems an odd bloke. Not sure he's as clever as he thinks he is.

Given the size of Bristol they have potential, whether they will ever fulfill it is another matter.

Fair point but I have actually taken a different view point regarding the forum in the last 8 months and people asking for threads to be shut down as I understand there will always be some who want to carry on discussing subjects.

And you contributed nothing to it either so made my point. 🙄

That’s actually a different point to be pedantic.

Steve made the point for you that he wasn’t contributing to the debate but then that is an emotional tripwire contrived by you for derailing the collective from the topic.

The point you’re trying to make is that you don’t want to talk about manning anymore so you’d like everyone else to stop too.

Fair point but I have actually taken a different view point regarding the forum in the last 8 months and people asking for threads to be shut down as I understand there will always be some who want to carry on discussing subjects.
We pretty much never close threads either, so it's a largely pointless ask, if people don't want to talk about it, the thread will die out on its own, clearly that hasn't happened yet

Please consider closing the Word Association thread.

I've read it in full seven times now, and I still don't think it makes any sense.
You're looking at it all wrong. Try again after a cheese and MDMA binge....all will become clear ;)

• React
Reactions: m
Good result last night. A replay for the 🐍. Still hoping for fixture congestion resulting in relegation.

Six league games without a win for the 🐍 now!

It doesn't matter. They'll win a couple soon. They'll finish in 9th-17th. They'll do the same next year. They'll do the same next decade. So will Preston.

If anyone had the energy they'd ask what the point was. But they don't.

It doesn't matter. They'll win a couple soon. They'll finish in 9th-17th. They'll do the same next year. They'll do the same next decade. So will Preston.

If anyone had the energy they'd ask what the point was. But they don't.
I know, but I can dream can’t I?

• Love
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom