Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Jeez, have we really added a snake emoji to the thread title?! This place is turning into a school playground..
Stay classy Yellows fans.
Yes, what the hell is wrong with everyone. Man quits job for better one after doing exactly what was asked of him here and doing it well, what a scumbag.

Good luck, Liam. When the tantrums subside I'm sure most people will view your time here positively. How long has it been since we were as excited as we have been in recent months?

Ed Waldron recommend James Beadle, Mark Harris and Greg Leigh. Club signed them. Manning has done ok, the club may also be thinking, this fella hasn't actually created an increase in chances in the box this season, we've got the 2nd biggest wage bill in League One so we are where we should be. Manning has had a couple of dodgy displays let's take the cash and find better.

There's always two sides. Who knows.

Jeez, have we really added a snake emoji to the thread title?! This place is turning into a school playground..
Stay classy Yellows fans.
I'd add a bit more than a snake emoji . Classy don't come into it..
Yes, what the hell is wrong with everyone. Man quits job for better one after doing exactly what was asked of him here and doing it well, what a scumbag.

Good luck, Liam. When the tantrums subside I'm sure most people will view your time here positively. How long has it been since we were as excited as we have been in recent months?
uuummmmmmm I don't think so....

I wasn't particularly excited last Saturday afternoon. Tip tap sideways football, sitting deeper and deeper. Twelve passes when one would do.

I think after being in a bit of a dodgy relationship previously with Robinson the club were a bit coy when that ended and we were a bit timid when we went out to find the next fella.

Now though we have had the rebound, need to put our best dress on, fix our hair up and get all glammed up and put ourselves out there, start hitting those numbers from last time and say we are back on the market and we are looking for a real man this time. Basically say Liam who?

Let’s get the announcement done and move on quickly, the fella was only here for seven months, can’t let a short term appointment derail a promising season.

Will Hogg go too or see this as his chance to build on his own team foundations-or is he forever tainted with the "honesty" of our main man

Truly the state of some of the people on here.

Get a grip of yourselves. It’s a manager who has been here for 8 months, he’s not a snake or Judas. We’re second in the league and will be attracting some very big names for the role. We could arguably come out of this very well.

Stop treating football players and managers as if they live in some sort of fairytale; football is business now from the top tier to grassroots.

I'd add a bit more than a snake emoji . Classy don't come into it..

uuummmmmmm I don't think so....

Goodness me. Are you ok?

Either you’ve got school in 50 minutes and your ridiculous posts are understandable or, you probably need some big boy pants and need to consider growing up.

Managers come and go. Our football club will remain and IS thriving. Some perspective might help you overcome this devastating blow for you.

I wasn't particularly excited last Saturday afternoon. Tip tap sideways football, sitting deeper and deeper. Twelve passes when one would do.

That’s the thing, for the majority of his time here it was decent, successful, winning football but I don’t think we need to pretend it was always thrilling. That probably won’t change as modern football is a bit boring and they all seem to be made in the same factory but I think you can respect the results without overhyping the style.

Goodness me. Are you ok?

Either you’ve got school in 50 minutes and your ridiculous posts are understandable or, you probably need some big boy pants and need to consider growing up.

Managers come and go. Our football club will remain and IS thriving. Some perspective might help you overcome this devastating blow for you.
Exactly this.

Clam down folks, some of you are really embarrassing yourselves.

So we expect loyalty from the manager? Football isn't like that and if we were in the bottom half of the table, people on here would be wishing him on his way saying things like 'I'll pay for the petrol'. A reminder below of comments made less than 3 months ago after the loss at Bristol City - many on this forum weren't showing 'loyalty' towards Manning at that point.

For me - if he goes, it will be frustrating given where we are but would I accept double/treble wages in a potentially much bigger job - yes of course I would - and so would 99% of people on this forum- I won't have any ill feeling towards him. I'm grateful to him for what he's achieved in a short space of time.

Think he will be gone by end of October

Didn't think it could get much worse than Saturday but I was wrong.

Manning and the whole squad out!

End of September if this carries on

Seems to be turning out like last season for manning. He came with his coaching manual under his arm, after a disaster of a season at mkd.
He's known for weeks how the squad needed to be fininished off. Yet we get similar rhetoric that clown would come out with. Tonight would have been seen as a watershed if clown was still here. Simply, the cheaper option doesn't seem to be working.
Embarrassing results/performances had become a thing of the past.we had all hoped, before being reminded to look at mannings record last season.

Manning isn't the man what a s**t show 😒

Absolutely. Under Appleton,there was a shape to the team. You could at least see players knew what to do even if they weren't very good. Same with Wilder years before.There was nothing on Saturday. Zilch. Zero. It was just awful. Honestly, I'm normally pretty patient, but Saturday was appalling. Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is that LM is the wrong hire.

Clearly Manning hasn’t launched into them for that awful showing. He needs to be a manager and show that’s unacceptable not ‘take the positives’ what positives? Awful interview

I thought he was brought in to take us to the next level, not as I assume you are alluding to, stopping us getting relegated? That was the first part of the puzzle. Can't argue with the decision to go to a bigger club with a bigger pay packet but moving on after such a short space of time doesn't sit well with me personally, grateful as I am for all he has done in that period which as you say on the whole has been done well.

I’m as disappointed as any one but the snake stuff is all very childish.

From Bristol City’s point of view the timing is a little odd to be gambling on Manning when he hasn’t actually got too many achievements on his CV just yet.

However Manning undoubtedly has left us in a much better position on and off the field than when he joined us. Second in the league, with a good chance to progress in the FA Cup and Papa Johns or whatever it’s called these days. Some good signings, players tied down to contracts, and a belief and confidence in the squad.

The upheaval and uncertainty is never good, however the timing is far from disastrous. After Saturday there is a gap in the calendar, this not only gives us a chance to find a new manager/coach, but also the new manager will also have time to assess the squad and decide what reinforcements are needed in January.

Back
Top Bottom