Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I'm still hoping it's all nothing, but the longer the club leaves it to say anything on the matter, the more likely it seems it's true.

I mean, all this report actually says is that BC want him and all they have to do is meet his break clause and agree personal terms. So Manning still has to want to go, and there is absolutely no indication that is the case (unless I've missed something?)

Have to continue the style of play and set up. Any Head Coach that comes in needs to continue the good foundations we have created.

Possible managers?

Buckingham the clear choice with his CFG links, style of play, club links.
Luke Williams - success through the pyramid, decent football
Brian Barry-Murphy?

A good test to see if we have succession planning in place on the coach side along with the players, if it does happen.

Gary Rowett is available, winning record at all the clubs he has managed.
Kept a relatively small club like Millwall in the top half of the championship for 3 seasons.
I’ll be fuming if we hire Gary Rowett. He’s ultimately failed in producing entertaining football. Completely contrary to the style we all want and have worked towards

There was a lot of talk about Buckingham first time around - wonder if Manning knows him via CFG and put a word in? Doubt he is someone TW & Co know anything about unless someone put him on their radar. Suspect Waldron is also heavily involved.

I’ll be fuming if we hire Gary Rowett. He’s ultimately failed in producing entertaining football. Completely contrary to the style we all want and have worked towards

Has the football under Manning been that entertaining? Not knocking him as he produced a wing team but I wouldn’t say it was thrilling. Most successful teams are a bit dull for me though.

• React
Reactions: ljs
If this is all true I've pretty much had it with football. So sick of the backstabbing, two-faced, greed-based, puke-inducing shite we have to put up with when these things happen.
What an absolute farce. I know it's just the way it is. I know smaller teams will be prey to bigger teams. I know money talks and people have to look after number One but where, when ever does some integrity come into things.
So what if it's naive thinking? Still feels like an absolute sucker-punch just when things were looking good and coming together.
They can f@ck right off and I hope they get immediately relegated.

Could this be the same scenario as the Cam Bran Blackpool deal last year?

LM drives to Bristol, looks around the place and thinks what a dump, Oxfordshire is way nicer, his phone rings and his salary has massively increased, and he heads back again to the acclaim of the supporters?

Could this be the same scenario as the Cam Bran Blackpool deal last year?

LM drives to Bristol, looks around the place and thinks what a dump, Oxfordshire is way nicer, his phone rings and his salary has massively increased, and he heads back again to the acclaim of the supporters?
The trouble is that Bristol, unlike Blackpool isn't a dump!

I think everyone needs to get some perspective.

LM won’t be leaving Oxford yet and the club will make it clear to Manning they won’t be entertaining any approach. It’s no different to a player being under contract, if the club doesn’t want to sell then they won’t.

Great to hear that Oxford told Manning they won't entertain an approach!

John Terry, Frank Lampard, John Eustace please.

Manning has let himself down big time here.

Oh.

Rubbish!
Surprising answer given he saved us from ignominy last year and has Oxford sitting proudly in second place.
Rowett looks a good choice now. Nobody has mentioned Challinor from Stockport. I guess even Phil Parkinson might be prepared to move too, as he has roots in and around Caversham
I think you'll find , Robinson's players had a big hand in saving us. I mean it was them that got the results.

I do think if it goes ahead that Manning will actually regret it longer term, maybe not financially but the success he was building here was a rare case of everything coming together at the right time .
That doesn't happen often .
Gutted .
Des Buckingham for me.

Back
Top Bottom