Ex-Staff Liam Manning

I'm not so sure. We're angry. I'm angry. This really hurts. A longer stay was what we all wanted but we know the score by now in football, I think he's done us and himself proud and we'll see that when the dust settles. He applied himself perfectly and transformed a lot of what was broken. Look how much we have advanced as a football club in 6 months. Could we have asked any more of him in that time? Could anybody else have achieved more? Not for me.

I'm more concerned about a bit from them for McGuane come January and whether the board saw this coming... A few weeks of Craig Short while they shuffle their papers again terrifies me.
Yes, nice but Tim doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, does he.

With regard to Steven’s, the club are probably wrapping him in cottonwool because he’s the only recognised right back the club has until the January window.
It was confirmed on Radio Oxford at the weekend that Brentford didn't let him play, despite all their other loanees being available. It's probably not that outlandish to suggest they knew this was in the works and wanted the option of recalling and sending him elsewhere in January as they agreed to loan him to us with Manning as our manager.

get through the next round of the FA cup , and whats the odds on drawing the poachers ( players and now manager), Bristol city in fa cup 3rd round?

Final thought would be that OUFC must protect our assets in the LM transaction. We absolutely must insist that BC cannot approach the club for any of our players until the summer at the very least.

It also begs the question of what happens to our loan players in January? Conceivably, could Brighton recall Beadle only for him to rock up at Bristol City for the second half of the season? Also, the sceptic in me would question whether or not Stevens may too get a loan to the championship come January, hence his omission on Saturday...

I'd thought this too, but surely we can't negotiate anything if they've activated a release clause?

Back
Top Bottom